Osemele Interview

KRL

28 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

This was one of the most underrated trades imo. 

He's part of this 2019 Draft class in terms of swapping late round picks with the Raiders.  People forget to include him in the calculation.

In fact, both Osemele and a small part of Darnold (the 2019 2nd round pick) should be included as part of this Draft class.

Love this guy.  Smart, articulate, professional.  All the things you want in a veteran leader.  And he will be. Going to be looked at as a great trade for the Jets.  Part of the culture change.

Beningo, and Boomer tried to "troll" him for some Gruden bad blood.  Didn't fall for it.  Couple of clowns.  Evan Roberts should remove his nose from Joe, "The biggest Jet Fan;s" ass for a minute to get a breath of fresh air.  Makes you nauseas.

@Matt39 @F00tballGuy69

peep this around the 8:45 mark.  They get into Bell not showing.  Gio basically sets up the question coming from your perspective; he should be there, he should want to be there.  Osemele basically says "welllll, ummmm, it's voluntary, Bell has been grinding man! I'm not worried about him showing up out of shape.  What does he have to do?  Run and protect, it's not the complicated."

Gio then asks, "well, you're a veteran, why are you there"? - "We are lineman, it's different, continuity and comradery".

Then goes on to gush about playing with him...

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

I can see Osemele and Darnold becoming best friends, they both sound like laid back stoner surfers who just want to ball.

so you're calling Darnold a surfer now??? 

Okay, can I suggest this thread get stickied for a little bit?  Maybe just a week or so.  It really is required listening if you're a Jets fan.

Find the 16 minutes to hit that link and listen.  You may come away with the same thoughts I have...

1. This guy is a Pro, a leader, and a badass.  He's going to be smart and hold himself and others accountable.  "I just want to destroy the guy in front of me."

2. The Jets coaching staff seems to have its sh*t together.  Kelechi spoke about how the offseason strength and weight training program is top notch and he's excited to be working with our Strength Coach who is one of the best there is.

3. His answer on Bell not showing up to Voluntary minicamp was kind of politically correct but had some truth to it.  Osemele said that it's not as important for RBs and skill position guys to be there early as it is for the OLine.  This is because the timing, communication, synchronization of the OLine has to practiced and repeated.  He said Bell is grinding right now.

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

@Matt39 @F00tballGuy69

peep this around the 8:45 mark.  They get into Bell not showing.  Gio basically sets up the question coming from your perspective; he should be there, he should want to be there.  Osemele basically says "welllll, ummmm, it's voluntary, Bell has been grinding man! I'm not worried about him showing up out of shape.  What does he have to do?  Run and protect, it's not the complicated."

Gio then asks, "well, you're a veteran, why are you there"? - "We are lineman, it's different, continuity and comradery".

Then goes on to gush about playing with him...

Looks to be doing okay. 

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Love this guy.  Smart, articulate, professional. 

Right, OL's are usually aside from QB's the smartest guys on the team. Brains, and a kill attitude make for a good O line as a unit.

Anyone who truly believes that LeVeon Bell will report to the Jets in anything less than top football shape is either clueless or intentionally belligerent. 

He is a top professional at his position, with a legacy and a chip on his shoulder.  He has been accused of being less than a "stellar" citizen, but has never been accused of, or found to be, less than 100% committed to being the best running back in football when he is on the field.

He will be a great addition to this Jets offense, and an example of how to get it done on the field.  Bank on it.

24 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Looks to be doing okay. 

I would like Bell at Florham Park but it looks like he needed more 
specialized training to get the rust off.  He looks in terrific
shape

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

He's part of this 2019 Draft class in terms of swapping late round picks with the Raiders.  People forget to include him in the calculation.

In fact, both Osemele and a small part of Darnold (the 2019 2nd round pick) should be included as part of this Draft class.

which part of Sam?

42 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Looks to be doing okay. 

Not bad for early May.  I think he'll be fine come July.

It's like when Rocky went to Siberia in Rocky IV to get ready for his fight.  Don't worry about him....he'll be ready when he gets into the ring.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

compared to what? 

Moving around to gain a 6th round pick, moving down here to move up there ... we picked up an instant starter for a 5th rounder.

Probably the best move this off-season aside from Bell. Jet fans need to be more excited to have Osemele on the team, him and Westco are going to put defenders on their ass. Will be interesting to see how he plays in a zone blocking scheme.

When you check out the video, check out Osemele's arms and huge hands. I think he could scratch his kneecap without bending over. Holy Moley. You also have to run 10 yards just to get around him and his chest. A BIG DUDE.  :eek:

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Okay, can I suggest this thread get stickied for a little bit?  Maybe just a week or so.  It really is required listening if you're a Jets fan.

Find the 16 minutes to hit that link and listen.  You may come away with the same thoughts I have...

1. This guy is a Pro, a leader, and a badass.  He's going to be smart and hold himself and others accountable.  "I just want to destroy the guy in front of me."

2. The Jets coaching staff seems to have its sh*t together.  Kelechi spoke about how the offseason strength and weight training program is top notch and he's excited to be working with our Strength Coach who is one of the best there is.

3. His answer on Bell not showing up to Voluntary minicamp was kind of politically correct but had some truth to it.  Osemele said that it's not as important for RBs and skill position guys to be there early as it is for the OLine.  This is because the timing, communication, synchronization of the OLine has to practiced and repeated.  He said Bell is grinding right now.

its going to be one of the more overlooked parts of that interview but it honestly was the most fascinating to me.  There never a lot of talk about NFL strength and conditioning coordinators and how good they are or arent.  In college theres definitely tiers and you know which programs have the best guys.  Saban pays his guy an outrageous sum of money to go with him to every college he's coached at.  Theres been articles written about him and how saban credits him for most of the success hes had as a head coach, because he prepares the players so well.   Jim radcliffe up in oregon, who has recently moved into an advisory role for their exercise physiology dept. is also one of the best to ever do it.  I sat in a conference with him for 4 hours and honestly the guy is a genius. 

So to me i found it fascinating how highly regarded Galac is, obviously Osemele knows his stuff and pays attention to this sort of thing so thats a really big plus for our franchise to have a guy so highly regarded. Great job by the organization grabbing him.  Also great to hear how insanely hard he's pushing the guys in the offseason. 

The second thing i found great is that there already has been "guys with their hands at eachothers throats"  I know there will be some negative people on here that see that as a sign of bad things to come, but I love it for this team.  This team needs fire, and competition, and i love the fact that there are defensive guys pushing the envelope to try to impress williams. That kind of stuff is going to lead to a really fun intense camp which can only drive up the competition level.   

Archived