PFF Makes the Case for Leo

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s funny how little of a clue you have. Your arrogance and ignorance is astounding. 

The only reason he is popular to some people here is he left

if the Jets gave a 2 down player a huge contract then you would turn on him 

Pull the string honey 

• Upvote 1

On 5/5/2019 at 1:28 AM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Why is Russel Wilson going to get an average of 35 million dollars a year, to get sacked 45+ times a season.  Don't get me wrong, he's a very good quarterback, but give me a break. 

Why does a "Max" player in the NBA get 40 million/year ?  Doesn't even have to be just the best player on the team.  2nd best player gets 40 million too.  Goody.

Why does an azzhole like Bryce Harper, who isn't close to the best player in baseball, in my opinion, qualify for a guaranteed salary of  $45,000 dollars/ at bat,  $157,000/game,  and,  $330 million over thirteen years.  Guaranteed.

I love sports, but these salaries make me sick.  And it won't get better, any time soon.  In fact, it'll get worse.  Sad.

These big contracts for mediocre dt means the position has some value. 

I wasn’t making a point on players salary in general. 

On 5/4/2019 at 3:29 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

Apples and oranges though. He was a true NT and a stud that was a UDF. That’s much different than a top 6 pick that will most likely be overpaid because of a sense of “entitlement” due to draft pedigree and money that he is currently making. 

At the time Snacks signed, we all thought he was being overpaid.  He was the one guy that provided something the others - Wilkerson, Coples, Richardson, Williams don't, but my understanding is that the reason they were "out" on his FA deal was that he had some injury issues and they did not think his body would hold up for the contract. 

• Upvote 1

He has been good against the run.  Let's see how he does this year.  I don't think guys are going to be busting down his door to sign him at 14 mil a year.  Hopefully, he would sign for closer to what he's worth.  And if he doesn't play better this year (he won't have the double-team excuse to fall back on) let him walk.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

At the time Snacks signed, we all thought he was being overpaid.  He was the one guy that provided something the others - Wilkerson, Coples, Richardson, Williams don't, but my understanding is that the reason they were "out" on his FA deal was that he had some injury issues and they did not think his body would hold up for the contract. 

I get it and agree. I was just explaining that it wasn’t the same situation to the homer genius. 

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Almost as good as Eddie Goldman?  Dare I dream? 

Goldman signed an extension 4 for $42M+.  Are we going to have to give Williams more? Presumably, yes.

Ok, PFF is not perfect or authoritative, but Goldman was an 89.2 (Good) last year and the #12 DI, and Leo was 78.2 (Above Average) and #30 DI.

I think the relative ratings and rankings make sense when you watch them play.  

Goldman is making slightly more than Henry, which also does not make sense.  I would be fine keeping Leo around and paying him like Henry.  I actually thought Henry looked better last year.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 3:25 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

He doesn’t suck. He’s an underachiever thats great against the run(not as important as pass rush) which won’t justify the contract that he’ll command. I’d be fine with resigning him for $10-$12 mil/per absolute tops.

The problem is that his draft slot, 5th year option amount and fact that we suck, will make it very difficult to resign him for a reasonable number.

Plus Mac will try to save face on one of his top 10 picks not looking like a mistake and will feel obligated to resign him. He is still young so he will  probably command $15mil/per and I can not justify that. 

Well no worries about Mac anymore

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 5/4/2019 at 10:54 AM, k-met57 said:

Leo is good enough to keep as long as we pay him the kind of money lets say snacks got from the giants. i would certainly not pay him as a top DL just because he has the potential to be. i feel like that boat has sailed a little bit.

well, this is his show me year.  the only issue then is if he is going to become a slug like wilky and guys like hainsworth after he does get his big contract.  and it's not like he hasn't been doing pretty well on his rookie contract.