Jump to content

Glazer answer for a replacement for Macsh*tferbrains


hmhertz

Recommended Posts

Raj C.
Apr 27, 10:05pm
 
Jay anything on the Jets front office drama?
 
 
Jay G.
Apr 27, 10:07pm
 
Rumor is that MM will be out after the draft and they will be bringing in Eagles’ personnel guy, a good rising name in these ranks, in Joe Douglas who is tight w Gase. Can’t tell you if it’s happening tho
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be all in on getting a personnel guy from the Eagles.  Hopefully it still happens.  That said, I have to say we are starting to fill some holes.  On all 3 levels of the defense we've got potential impact guys (Quinnen, Leo, CJ Mosely, Avery Williamson, Jamal Adams) and we actually have a potential FQB.  That's not to excuse Macc's poor drafting or the fact that he's already had like 5 years (IIRC) and we've still got a lot of holes to fill.  But at least there's some level of progress being shown rather than none at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What takes this rumor to the next level is that Joe Douglas was immediately attached as a guy that Gase would/could work with, meaning that this 1. wasn’t just some minor workplace disagreement, and 2. that Gase is the one talking behind the scenes. Without the name of the replacement, it’s just a bad day at the office rumor. But if it progressed to the point where a replacement for Macc is already in the pipeline, that’s where it gets interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What takes this rumor to the next level is that Joe Douglas was immediately attached as a guy that Gase would/could work with, meaning that this 1. wasn’t just some minor workplace disagreement, and 2. that Gase is the one talking behind the scenes. Without the name of the replacement, it’s just a bad day at the office rumor. But if it progressed to the point where a replacement for Macc is already in the pipeline, that’s where it gets interesting.

Put it in my veins 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

What takes this rumor to the next level is that Joe Douglas was immediately attached as a guy that Gase would/could work with, meaning that this 1. wasn’t just some minor workplace disagreement, and 2. that Gase is the one talking behind the scenes. Without the name of the replacement, it’s just a bad day at the office rumor. But if it progressed to the point where a replacement for Macc is already in the pipeline, that’s where it gets interesting.

Or that whoever made the rumor attached a person close with Gase as who he’d pick if it were true. 

But nobody knows. Thus...a rumor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Or that whoever made the rumor attached a person close with Gase as who he’d pick if it were true. 

But nobody knows. Thus...a rumor. 

Thing is Jay Glazer very rarely talks rumors, I really can’t remember the last time he has tweeted something that didn’t end up happening, or is the first to report that it’s happening.

Now he has started doing some TV, and Radio shows, or podcasts, or whatever they are called so to keep those going I’d assume he might have to step out of that role of being the truth teller.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a former OT he might actually value the position, let's get this done!  Christopher Johnson should be shopping for flowers to give Shannon to welcome their family to ours - it's not easy being green :)

*************************

Joe Douglas, who was hired by the Eagles on May 11, 2016, enters his third season as vice president of player personnel.

Douglas played an integral role in helping construct the team’s Super Bowl LII-winning roster. The Eagles captured the first Super Bowl title in franchise history with a 41-33 victory over the New England Patriots on February 4, 2018.

Prior to joining the Eagles, Douglas spent the 2015 season as the director of college scouting for the Chicago Bears after working in the Baltimore Ravens’ personnel department for 16 years (2000-15).

During his time in Baltimore, Douglas was instrumental in acquiring a number of key performers for the Ravens, both through the draft and during the undrafted free agent signing period. Some of the players that he had a hand in obtaining included QB Joe Flacco, G Ben Grubbs, LB Pernell McPhee, LB C.J. Mosley, K Justin Tucker, CB Lardarius Webb and G Marshal Yanda. Grubbs, Mosley, Yanda and Tucker have combined for 10 Pro Bowls with the Ravens.

“I have known Joe for several years and have admired his work with both the Ravens and the Bears,” said Howie Roseman, Eagles executive vice president of football operations. “He is a guy that we had targeted from the outset. I feel that we are very fortunate to have him lead our player personnel department. [Ravens general manager] Ozzie Newsome and [Bears general manager] Ryan Pace spoke very highly of him and his work. He is passionate about football, passionate about scouting and he played a vital role in the success of the Ravens over the last decade.”

As a member of the Ravens organization, Douglas held various posts which included serving as the club’s national scout (2012-15), Southeast area scout (2009-11), East Coast area scout (2008) and Northeast area scout (2003-07). Douglas was first hired by Baltimore in 2000, where he worked as a player personnel assistant for three years. He was responsible for fall and spring scouting assignments, college workouts and draft visit coordination, managing the team’s college video library and assisting the pro personnel department with special teams evaluations of club opponents and unrestricted free agents.

An All-Atlantic 10 selection, Douglas started 45 consecutive games at tackle for the University of Richmond. Following his collegiate playing career, he transitioned into a volunteer assistant coach with the Spiders’ football team in 1999.

As an offensive lineman at Lee-Davis High School (Mechanicsville,VA), Douglas was recognized as a two-time all-state honoree.

He and his wife, Shannon, have two daughters, Addison and Leighton, and a son, Thomas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

If this is the case, why not fire him before the draft? 

Or letting him pay a MLB $85 mil. like 5 mil more per year than anyone was even considering?  If we were to fire him now. After this entire offseason of mad spending and crazy analytics based drafting, it would be undeniably deranged IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Dude brought in our potential savior QB.  I figure he'll be GM for a long time coming.

My grandmother would have made that pick guy. If you want to reward max for consistently being worst gm in nfl, bad enough record to reach and grab a qb like darnold ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

My grandmother would have made that pick guy. If you want to reward max for consistently being worst gm in nfl, bad enough record to reach and grab a qb like darnold ok

Your grandmother likely wouldn't have been following Darnold as much as Macc was (traveling to a bunch of his games), and then also traded to be in position to grab him at #3.

Macc is cool in my book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

My grandmother would have made that pick guy. If you want to reward max for consistently being worst gm in nfl, bad enough record to reach and grab a qb like darnold ok

Your grandmother’s grandmother woulda drafted Sam Darnold and she might not even be alive

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When is it going to sink in that Woody and Chris are not in this to win, but are looking at the Jets as a cash cow. CBS has reportedly begun negotiations on a new contract with the NFL. As long as the Johnsons own this team, winning will never be the ultimate “goal."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Your grandmother likely wouldn't have been following Darnold as much as Macc was (traveling to a bunch of his games), and then also traded to be in position to grab him at #3.

Macc is cool in my book.

Ya, that Mac is so smart. Not like he heard every scout say darnold was best qb prospect since luck. I’m sure Mac fan boys would say Mac drowned out all that noise and just picked him out of the blue ?‍♂️?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ya, that Mac is so smart. Not like he heard every scout say darnold was best qb prospect since luck. I’m sure Mac fan boys would say Mac drowned out all that noise and just picked him out of the blue ?‍♂️?

Idzik?  Is this you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, section314 said:

When is it going to sink in that Woody and Chris are not in this to win, but are looking at the Jets as a cash cow. CBS has reportedly begun negotiations on a new contract with the NFL. As long as the Johnsons own this team, winning will never be the ultimate “goal."

You are right, Johnsons care most about darnold and marketing the hec out of him. They are going to want to protect him and maximize his potential. Building around darnold, especially a solid OL is best way to do that. Mac is absolutely not qualified for that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...