Glazer answer for a replacement for Macsh*tferbrains

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Wow, I bet you think you Deserved a medal when you learned how to tie your shoes at 12. Colts had a franchise qb. They wanted Quinton Nelson. Who they got 3 spots lower, and took 3 2nds from the jets ! One of those 2nds was D rookie of yr! Other good players they picked. That is a good gm. Mac blows almost all non top 10 easy pics. 

I don’t know how slow you are, but they were not moving back too far and getting their number 1 player. We have Mac to Thank he sucked so bad for many years that he always was picking top 6. If he was an actual average gm, and we had to pick in the teens, we don’t get darnold. So yes we have Mac to thank for being one of the worst gms in the nfl to get us darnold. Now it is time to find a gm like the colts.. 

My point was he put the jets in the position to get their franchise QB, something that has eluded them for half a century. If you want to undervalue that move because you hate Macc go ahead. 

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

My point was he put the jets in the position to get their franchise QB, something that has eluded them for half a century. If you want to undervalue that move because you hate Macc go ahead. 

We all understand your Juvenile point. We don’t hate mac, we hate people who suck at their jobs. Players, coaches  or management. Are you going to give Izdik credit also for darnold ? Without Richardson being a good player, we don’t get a 2nd for him. At the least you must thank Izdik for saving us this years first round pick ?. Because without that 3rd 2nd, we are giving up this years number 1.

We are lucky mac is such a bad gm. He didn’t try to tank, he got to finish almost dead last every yr by trying his best ?‍♂️ For some of us we demand more than just being bad enough to acquire a top qb Prospect. We now want a winner, we don’t want to have to carry a weakness at gm, when we have enough holes to cover

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

We all understand your Juvenile point. We don’t hate mac, we hate people who suck at their jobs. Players, coaches  or management. Are you going to give Izdik credit also for darnold ? Without Richardson being a good player, we don’t get a 2nd for him. At the least you must thank Izdik for saving us this years first round pick ?. Because without that 3rd 2nd, we are giving up this years number 1.

We are lucky mac is such a bad gm. He didn’t try to tank, he got to finish almost dead last every yr by trying his best ?‍♂️ For some of us we demand more than just being bad enough to acquire a top qb Prospect. We now want a winner, we don’t want to have to carry a weakness at gm, when we have enough holes to cover

My point isn't juvenile you dumbass. It was a very important move to get what we needed regardless of what happened prior. Thats just a fact. Darnold would not have fallen to the 6 spot. Plain and simple. I don't like or hate Macc but I feel he should be given credit when he makes good moves. You might want to throw your name in the hat for the next Jet GM since you seem to have all the answers. I'm done with you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The only way any of this would make sense is if Mac is moving to another position in the front office. Why have him run the draft and free agency if they were not going to keep him in some capacity?

Maybe he wants to go back to scouting, the way Terry Bradway did when they promoted Tannenbaum? They let him finish the draft since their boards were already in place, then move him to his new position and let the new guy take over.

16 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

My point isn't juvenile you dumbass. It was a very important move to get what we needed regardless of what happened prior. Thats just a fact. Darnold would not have fallen to the 6 spot. Plain and simple. I don't like or hate Macc but I feel he should be given credit when he makes good moves. You might want to throw your name in the hat for the next Jet GM since you seem to have all the answers. I'm done with you. 

Lol yes everyone in the world knew darnold wouldn’t fall to six genius ?. The colts wanted to trade down to 6 as well. Unlike Mac this yr, they certainly got great value out of their trade down. Got same  player they were going to pick at 3, plus 3 2nds. Why they had such a major turn around last yr. Mac’s team of course didn’t improve his team because of horrible non top 6 draft picks. And ignoring OL. 

I know this is all over your head, as much is. You and Mac have much in common, why you are such a fan boy lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The only way any of this would make sense is if Mac is moving to another position in the front office. Why have him run the draft and free agency if they were not going to keep him in some capacity?

Maybe he wants to go back to scouting, the way Terry Bradway did when they promoted Tannenbaum? They let him finish the draft since their boards were already in place, then move him to his new position and let the new guy take over.

Well you can’t fire a gm right before a draft. He and his team have been scouting the draft since end of last season.. He barely survived being canned with Bowles, he remains on Very thin ice. I think once the season begins, is a good time to fire him. Most of a gm’s work is during offseason obviously. Getting a new gm settled in before next offseason would be very smart.

Merchandise sales are split evenly among every team so it has no bearing on an owner wanting it too improve for his franchise. For every Brady jersey that gets sold the Jets still pocket 1/32 of it. 

Really? I didn’t know about that. That seems odd to me. Some sort of fairness initiative for the smaller markets maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Did Dan Syder buy this team?

I swear, the dysfunction of this is amazing. 

I'm not saying Mac should stay but the HC and GM have an argument  and one of them gets canned?

This is from a week ago. It's isn't happening.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 3:16 PM, hmhertz said:
Raj C.
Apr 27, 10:05pm

Jay anything on the Jets front office drama?

Jay G.
Apr 27, 10:07pm

Rumor is that MM will be out after the draft and they will be bringing in Eagles’ personnel guy, a good rising name in these ranks, in Joe Douglas who is tight w Gase. Can’t tell you if it’s happening tho

Did you call it first ?

6 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I feel this all stemmed from Gase wanting to trade down for C Garret Bradbury and Mac fcked it up lol. My gut feeling.

Could be, or Mac failing to trade back up for one. Or Mac failing to even attempt to sign a center this offseason. Not having a starter caliber center is normal for a gm like mac who was the most anti -OL gm in nfl. Todd Bowles obviously didn’t care about what was going on the line, “ Oline “ ha. Gase finally pointed out to the clueless Johnsons what an idiot mac is. No regard to protect the Jets number 1 and number 2 assets. Darnold and bell 

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He might of.

Interesting how everything is happening accordingly... as if this was the plan.

Yep. Should have Been done with Bowles. You can’t fire a gm before a draft, because you can never get a new team in here and re-do months of scouting.. i give them credit for admitting their mistake and going completely unconventional, as usual lol

21 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Could be, or Mac failing to trade back up for one. Or Mac failing to even attempt to sign a center this offseason. Not having a starter caliber center is normal for a gm like mac who was the most anti -OL gm in nfl. Todd Bowles obviously didn’t care about what was going on the line, “ Oline “ ha. Gase finally pointed out to the clueless Johnsons what an idiot mac is. No regard to protect the Jets number 1 and number 2 assets. Darnold and bell 

Well...it took the Colts what....20 years to realize that they needed to draft O-line to, first protect Peyton and then to protect Luck?

Sounds like as bad as firing your GM in May might look, we're 20 years ahead of the Colts.

Just now, IndianaJet said:

Well...it took the Colts what....20 years to realize that they needed to draft O-line to, first protect Peyton and then to protect Luck?

Sounds like as bad as firing your GM in May might look, we're 20 years ahead of the Colts.

Are you saying the colts with Peyton didn't have good OLs?