Glazer answer for a replacement for Macsh*tferbrains

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You are right, Johnsons care most about darnold and marketing the hec out of him. They are going to want to protect him and maximize his potential. Building around darnold, especially a solid OL is best way to do that. Mac is absolutely not qualified for that. 

This would have been a logical plan - you would have thought that would be the direction the Jets were going to go...but nope.  Defense is the priority.

9 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Mac will be our gm next year book it

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

The most logical conclusion to this is to give him a short extension and tie him to gase 

otherwise you are going’s to interview candidates that have to accept gase

handing the job to gases buddy without doing a full search is unacceptable 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This would have been a logical plan - you would have thought that would be the direction the Jets were going to go...

But it seems interior defense is still this teams priority.

I think Sam will appreciate osemele, edoga, bell , wesco and crowder 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This would have been a logical plan - you would have thought that would be the direction the Jets were going to go...but nope.  Defense is the priority.

Nah. Bowles is gone thank god. We finally have a HC pushing for O. But Unless it is a pass rusher, every other team reaches for O first when drafting. Why Mac is always stuck picking D. We didn’t hear all that talk about Mac being canned after the draft for nothing. He barely survived a firing in Jan. We know how slow the Johnsons are firing Incompetence- Rex, Bowles Izdik all should have been canned much earlier then they were. No different with Mac. He is gone next Jan 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The Johnsons generally only like to eat one contract year.  Bowles was the exception last year, well-deserved.  Mac is up this year.   I can’t see anyway out of this.  

• Upvote 1

The most logical conclusion to this is to give him a short extension and tie him to gase 

I mean at that point why not just make gase the gm also

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Mac will be our gm next year book it

Lol. How About 2021? I hope you are right for next yr. Because if Mac is back next yr, it would have meant darnold had a good healthy yr, and we made the playoffs.. Mac barely survived This Jan, He spent a ton of Johnsons $$ this offseason, they will demand a good return in their investments. Gase will not beg Johnsons to keep mac. 

Lol. How About 2021? I hope you are right for next yr. Because if Mac is back next yr, it would have meant darnold had a good healthy yr, and we made the playoffs.. Mac barely survived This Jan, He spent a ton of Johnsons $$ this offseason, they will demand a good return in their investments. Gase will not beg Johnsons to keep mac. 
Gase and Macc are tied together at this point. If darnold does not develop well this year why keep gase the only reason we brought him is to develop darnold otherwise the guy is just a cancer.

• Haha 1

Just now, bealeb319 said:

Gase and Macc are tied together at this point. If darnold does not develop well this year why keep gase the only reason we brought him is to develop darnold otherwise the guy is just a cancer.

No way. You are thinking this is a conventional team that only hires and fires gm and hc’s together lol. Jets haven’t done that since when ? 80s?  Lol. Mac is meaningless right now. Darnold is everything. Why Gase was brought in here, and not another D HC. No way is he tied to Mac. Gase and Williams can be a great duo for years. Now we just need a gm who is serious about building around the qb, especially OL. Which Mac will NEVER do properly. 

No way. You are thinking this is a conventional team that only hires and fires gm and hc’s together lol. Jets haven’t done that since when ? 80s?  Lol. Mac is meaningless right now. Darnold is everything. Why Gase was brought in here, and not another D HC. No way is he tied to Mac. Gase and Williams can be a great duo for years. Now we just need a gm who is serious about building around the qb, especially OL. Which Mac will NEVER do properly. 
Gase and Mac and Williams and the rest of the front office are all tied to darnold and if darnold fails this year I would bet they are all gone

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Gase and Mac and Williams and the rest of the front office are all tied to darnold and if darnold fails this year I would bet they are all gone

Lol I will gladly take that bet ?. Gase isn’t the one who has failed and ignored the OL for five years. Qb can’t do much without a decent OL. Mac has bet his future on this OL he says is good enough. Has absolutely nothing to do with Gase and Williams. I even bet they both were given private assurances they are not tied with mac. Because it was obvious to everyone mac barely survived going with Bowles . They weren’t coming here just for a 1  deal, knowing a guy who just survived firing often get it the next yr

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, section314 said:

After reading, listening and discussing this stuff for the last week, one thing keeps coming back to me. Whether you wanted him or not, is there any doubt why Mike McCarthy wanted no part of this clown run organization?

Not gonna argue with you on clown run organization, but McCarthy desperately wanted to be part of this organization. That sentence is just factually wrong. He wanted here or nowhere.

• Upvote 4

Lol I will gladly take that bet . Gase isn’t the one who has failed and ignored the OL for five years. Qb can’t do much without a decent OL. Mac has bet his future on this OL he says is good enough. Has absolutely nothing to do with Gase and Williams. I even bet they both were given private assurances they are not tied with mac. Because it was obvious to everyone mac barely survived going with Bowles . They weren’t coming here just for a 1  deal, knowing a guy who just survived firing often get it the next yr
If the team does poorly then Gase will have failed to have success with multiple qbs with multiple franchises while being known to fill the front office with drama.

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

If the team does poorly then Gase will have failed to have success with multiple qbs with multiple franchises while being known to fill the front office with drama.

Lol.. ok dude. You obvious can’t explain how mac ignoring the OL for five years has anything to do with Gase ?‍♂️.. Now if darnold learns, looks great and improves in practice each week, Gase is going to get an extension. If that does not translate to real games because darnold doesn’t have time to throw often, Gase 100% stays, and mac 100% is gone. It is that simple. You Mac fan boys will be ok. Now if darnold for whatever reason doesn’t mesh with Gase that doesn’t have anything to do with lack of support for Sam due to mac, they both are gone next yr. there is no chance Gase goes and mac stays though..

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, section314 said:

After reading, listening and discussing this stuff for the last week, one thing keeps coming back to me. Whether you wanted him or not, is there any doubt why Mike McCarthy wanted no part of this clown run organization?

Not enough paid massage breaks?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

And this is the exact reason Gase is trying to get ahead of this, avoid that painful process 

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You now have an HC and a DC who DEMAND accountability, something that has been so glaringly missing over the last 4 YEARS it’s really unbelievable.  I’m sure Bowles would giggle driving home every day thinking how he couldn’t believe he was an NFL HC then he would call his buddy Rogers (who will never be a DC in the NFL again. The only reason Bowles was ever a DC is the SAME guy has hired him BOTH times) and they would both giggle....Gase WILL call Maccagnan out if he doesn’t get him the personnel he wants.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You now have an HC and a DC who DEMAND accountability, something that has been so glaringly missing over the last 4 YEARS it’s really unbelievable.  I’m sure Bowles would giggle driving home every day thinking how he couldn’t believe he was an NFL HC then he would call his buddy Rogers (who will never be a DC in the NFL again. The only reason Bowles was ever a DC is the SAME guy has hired him BOTH times) and they would both giggle....Gase WILL call Maccagnan out if he doesn’t get him the personnel he wants.

Exactly. I think we already saw that. Well they tried to brush under rug but it’s obvious Gase was livid at Mac for not going after a FA center. Not even trying. This is all normal for us, and we know bowles didn’t care about offense, especially a center. As a O HC, guy actually understands the importance of a decent center, especially for a young qb. The Johnsons definitely saw Gase point out the major weakness mac has avoided for years. Mac once again said “ it’s fine “ we shall see. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, section314 said:

When is it going to sink in that Woody and Chris are not in this to win, but are looking at the Jets as a cash cow. CBS has reportedly begun negotiations on a new contract with the NFL. As long as the Johnsons own this team, winning will never be the ultimate “goal."

I've always had trouble with this point. Wouldn't having a winning franchise make more money? If that's the only goal then winning more games would be the way to maximize profits. Jersey/Merch sales, Tickets prices etc. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I've always had trouble with this point. Wouldn't having a winning franchise make more money? If that's the only goal then winning more games would be the way to maximize profits. Jersey/Merch sales, Tickets prices etc. 

Agree.. but do think they were “ more ok “ with losing past few yrs because Mac hasn’t spent a ton. He did this offseason. So now they fully expect to make the playoffs this yr with this major spending spree..  Protecting and maximizing darnold talent also will make them a good penny. Which is why I totally see them bringing in a new gm next yr. despite mac not being able to bring in right players to win, he does very little to protect the jets biggest marketing tool for many years. Sam Darnold will never max out and have s solid OL under Mac, everyone knows this.

18 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Agree.. but do think they were “ more ok “ with losing past few yrs because Mac hasn’t spent a ton. He did this offseason. So now they fully expect to make the playoffs this yr with this major spending spree..  Protecting and maximizing darnold talent also will make them a good penny. Which is why I totally see them bringing in a new gm next yr. despite mac not being able to bring in right players to win, he does very little to protect the jets biggest marketing tool for many years. Sam Darnold will never max out and have s solid OL under Mac, everyone knows this.

I agree that they see Darnold as the biggest marketing opportunity they've had since fat Rex. Keeping him in green and white...and black is going to be a major priority for the Johnsons. I'm not sure how long the leash is for Macc or if they even realize that OL is the best way to keep him here the longest. 

Grabbing Bell was one of the big ticket items they seemed to prioritize this off season. Maybe they think giving Darnold another big name skill guy is the best way to do it. Who knows? 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Actually winning doesn’t necessarily = more ticket revenue. The attendance last year was top 3 in the league from what I remember and we were terrible. Being in proximity to NYC, where many different fans live, benefits ticket sales since they can see their team against a literal punching bag. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Actually winning doesn’t necessarily = more ticket revenue. The attendance last year was top 3 from what I remember and we were terrible. Being in proximity to NYC, where many different fans live, benefits ticket sales since they can see their team against a literal punching bag. 

Fair enough. Ok well then what about the Merch? It wasn't too long ago that you couldn't spot a pats jersey south of Connecticut. Now they are everywhere. I was In yosemite last year and met a "lifelong" pats fan from Ohio. lol 

Seems having a winning org with a franchise QB does well for the spread of the disease. 

13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I agree that they see Darnold as the biggest marketing opportunity they've had since fat Rex. Keeping him in green and white...and black is going to be a major priority for the Johnsons. I'm not sure how long the leash is for Macc or if they even realize that OL is the best way to keep him here the longest. 

Grabbing Bell was one of the big ticket items they seemed to prioritize this off season. Maybe they think giving Darnold another big name skill guy is the best way to do it. Who knows? 

Bell will help darnold. But not as much as a solid OL would. I’m curious to see how well bell does here. He went from a consistent top 6-8 OL ? to one of the worst. Mac doesn’t have much of a Leash at all. They don’t owe him much now, and they know they don’t have to worry about him having another gm opportunity lol

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Fair enough. Ok well then what about the Merch? It wasn't too long ago that you couldn't spot a pats jersey south of Connecticut. Now they are everywhere. I was In yosemite last year and met a "lifelong" pats fan from Ohio. lol 

Seems having a winning org with a franchise QB does well for the spread of the disease. 

I agree on the merch. I just don’t think there is enough of a difference in revenue from winning team to basement dweller thanks to their location. I’d be curious to see the numbers and I am sure that pretty sure that the Jets earn more than most other bad teams. Most good teams too. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Merchandise sales are split evenly among every team so it has no bearing on an owner wanting it too improve for his franchise. For every Brady jersey that gets sold the Jets still pocket 1/32 of it. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ya, that Mac is so smart. Not like he heard every scout say darnold was best qb prospect since luck. I’m sure Mac fan boys would say Mac drowned out all that noise and just picked him out of the blue ?‍♂️?

What don't you get? It's not that Macc picked Darnold with the 3rd pick when he fell to him, any moron would have done that. It's that he worked the trade that put the jets in position to draft a potential franchise QB that they haven't had for 50 years. What is so f'ing hard to understand about that?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

What don't you get? It's not that Macc picked Darnold with the 3rd pick when he fell to him, any moron would have done that. It's that he worked the trade that put the jets in position to draft a potential franchise QB that they haven't had for 50 years. What is so f'ing hard to understand about that?

Wow, I bet you think you Deserved a medal when you learned how to tie your shoes at 12. Colts had a franchise qb. They wanted Quinton Nelson. Who they got 3 spots lower, and took 3 2nds from the jets ! One of those 2nds was D rookie of yr! Other good players they picked. That is a good gm. Mac blows almost all non top 10 easy pics. 

I don’t know how slow you are, but they were not moving back too far and getting their number 1 player. We have Mac to Thank he sucked so bad for many years that he always was picking top 6. If he was an actual average gm, and we had to pick in the teens, we don’t get darnold. So yes we have Mac to thank for being one of the worst gms in the nfl to get us darnold. Now it is time to find a gm like the colts..