Richie Incognito

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

A decade?  Conservatively?  Who the **** is playing full contact at 8 years old? I played with adults from around 12 years old until I was 44.  My head is fine <cough, cough>.  I had a pretty long break from tackle before the Italian league.  OTOH, some of the worst shots I took were from landing on frozen turf without a helmet.  It is certainly possible that Richie Incognito had CTE by the time he got to Nebraska.  It is also possible that his issues are not related to CTE.  Maybe he has other mental issues, substance or alcohol issues, it is even remotely possible that he is just super douchey.  Maybe some combination.

anything is possible 

maybe it's both  

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

"There was an incident at a gym earlier this year, when Incognito appeared to believe he was a member of the National Security Agency and started throwing weights and other large items at another patron. "

"The latest piece of information, stemming from Incognito's run-in at a funeral home, is the darkest: the former Bills offensive lineman wanted to cut his deceased father's head off. 

Incognito was detained and arrested at a Scottsdale, Arizona funeral home, where his father's funeral was being held earlier this week. At various points of his time at the funeral home, he threatened to return to his car, get guns out of the car and shoot employees of the funeral home if they didn't allow him access to the proceedings and his father's body."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/police-report-richie-incognito-wanted-to-cut-off-his-dead-fathers-head-at-funeral-home/

Just a normal freaking day in my life...he sounds legit.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

A decade?  Conservatively?  Who the **** is playing full contact at 8 years old? I played with adults from around 12 years old until I was 44.  My head is fine <cough, cough>.  I had a pretty long break from tackle before the Italian league.  OTOH, some of the worst shots I took were from landing on frozen turf without a helmet.  It is certainly possible that Richie Incognito had CTE by the time he got to Nebraska.  It is also possible that his issues are not related to CTE.  Maybe he has other mental issues, substance or alcohol issues, it is even remotely possible that he is just super douchey.  Maybe some combination.

Kids here play full contact starting in 1st grade.

Coach out here was a moron, scheduled a practice with his 2nd graders vs 3rd graders.   His son got a pretty bad concussion.   Month later, got another concussion playing soccer in gym, and was never allowed to play again.

• Upvote 1

Tiny Mite starts at 5 y/o I believe. Parents enroll their kids in all sorts of dangerous sh*t at 8 or younger. Judo, boxing...etc.

• Sympathy 1

Guy is a nut. He one day woke up and randomly destroyed his farrarri with a bat. I have heard people loosly refer to darnold as our farrarri I want this guy no where near him

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

I have the impression he is a really bad guy, in addition to being mentally ill. He practically drove his teammate to suicide in Miami. It also made an impression on me when Pat Kirwan trashed the guy, when he rarely says anything negative about anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

Looks like Richie Incognito will become a Raider.   They are just  trying to figure out what kind of suspension he's looking at from NFL.      It makes perfect sense for the Raiders.

All they are looking for is a proven veteran LG  for one year to team up with second year LT Kolton Miller on the left side.     They have a lot of youngsters competing for Lg ( Lester Cotton, Tyler Roemer, Brandon Parker - forced to start at Rt last year, and veteran Denzelle Good. One of them will be longterm solution at Lg. ( buys them a year to get up to Nfl speed). 

LT Kolton Miller Lg Richie Incognito c Rodney Hudson RG Gabe Jackson Rt Trent Brown  is darn good offense line whether if it's for the run,  or the pass.( top 10 offense line) 

you really  don't want to play two inexperience players next to each other LT - Second year LT Kolton Miller, and another inexperience player  at Lg. 

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

It makes perfect sense for the Raiders.

In a sense you're right.  As long as the Raiders overlook the unimportant things like Incognito threatening to decapitate the corpse of his father at the man's funeral, things should work out just ducky.

9 hours ago, genot said:

He shouldn't be allowed to play again. He has serious mental health issues. Imagine a scenario where he brought a weapon into the locker room and killed someone. Not out of the realm of possibility. It would be a scandal talked about for years by every major media outlet. He should be taken care of,by the union that covers players retirement.

Would that someone be MacCagnan?  JK.....maybe...JK.....?

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Sign this crazy Mfing beast. Imagine the fun!

Oh yeah it will be fun alright if you’re a jet hating member of the media who wants us to sign a washed up headcase who isn’t better than what we already have

• Upvote 1

I remember seeing a video of him playing pool & scaring every other normal guy (guys like us), in the bar. Every guy had that ha ha look on their faces but you could see the anxiety under the veiled smiles that this dude was a certifiable nut case & bully that you really don't want to be around. 

I f*cking hated meatheads like this growing up! 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I remember seeing a video of him playing pool & scaring every other normal guy (guys like us), in the bar. Every guy had that ha ha look on their faces but you could see the anxiety under the veiled smiles that this dude was a certifiable nut case & bully that you really don't want to be around. 

I f*cking hated meatheads like this growing up! 

He’s a douche.  There’s a reason Bart Scott put a hit on him

43 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Oh yeah it will be fun alright if you’re a jet hating member of the media who wants us to sign a washed up headcase who isn’t better than what we already have

Lol. What you talkin' bout Willis? You off the meds this early? The funny thing is you taking it seriously. Get a clue you silly SOB.

25 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He’s a douche.  There’s a reason Bart Scott put a hit on him

He's the lowest of the low, used his size & craziness to intimidate everyone around him, including teammates. He's a bad egg & im glad he was never a NY Jet. Tells me a lot about Rex taking him in Buffalo, a guy like Belichick wouldn't give this guy a 2nd look. Big difference between giving guys like Moss, or Gordon chances but a certifiable BULLY who tries to intimidate those around him? No way!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Tiny Mite starts at 5 y/o I believe. Parents enroll their kids in all sorts of dangerous sh*t at 8 or younger. Judo, boxing...etc.

People do all kinds of stupid sh*t.  That doesn't mean that Incognito was conservatively playing contact for 10 years when he left high school, though it is certainly possible.  I remember "crazy" kids from elementary school.  It wasn't all from football, boxing or judo.

20 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

"There was an incident at a gym earlier this year, when Incognito appeared to believe he was a member of the National Security Agency and started throwing weights and other large items at another patron. "

"The latest piece of information, stemming from Incognito's run-in at a funeral home, is the darkest: the former Bills offensive lineman wanted to cut his deceased father's head off. 

Incognito was detained and arrested at a Scottsdale, Arizona funeral home, where his father's funeral was being held earlier this week. At various points of his time at the funeral home, he threatened to return to his car, get guns out of the car and shoot employees of the funeral home if they didn't allow him access to the proceedings and his father's body."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/police-report-richie-incognito-wanted-to-cut-off-his-dead-fathers-head-at-funeral-home/

An absolute embarrassment to the NFL that Richie Incognito is rewarded with a try out with the Raiders let alone a position on the team. The NFL (and humanity) should be ashamed.

20 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Jets have $20M tied up in guards.  They need someone who can snap, not an old lunatic guard. 

If the Jets are looking for someone who can "snap", then this is most definitely the guy. Based on his history, it can happen at any time.   He's " Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs".  Perfect for the Raiders.  They should be "fun".

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Looks like Richie Incognito will become a Raider.   They are just  trying to figure out what kind of suspension he's looking at from NFL.      It makes perfect sense for the Raiders.

All they are looking for is a proven veteran LG  for one year to team up with second year LT Kolton Miller on the left side.     They have a lot of youngsters competing for Lg ( Lester Cotton, Tyler Roemer, Brandon Parker - forced to start at Rt last year, and veteran Denzelle Good. One of them will be longterm solution at Lg. ( buys them a year to get up to Nfl speed). 

LT Kolton Miller Lg Richie Incognito c Rodney Hudson RG Gabe Jackson Rt Trent Brown  is darn good offense line whether if it's for the run,  or the pass.( top 10 offense line) 

you really  don't want to play two inexperience players next to each other LT - Second year LT Kolton Miller, and another inexperience player  at Lg. 

Why not? You just moved Brown, the guy you just made the highest paid OLineman in history, to RT, because they feel Miller is better. Now, you're worried that Miller can't play the position? Sounds like another great Raider "plan."

People do all kinds of stupid sh*t.  That doesn't mean that Incognito was conservatively playing contact for 10 years when he left high school, though it is certainly possible.  I remember "crazy" kids from elementary school.  It wasn't all from football, boxing or judo.

I understand. Your reaction was framed as though children below the age of 8 being enrolled in contact sports, based on your own experiences, is not common. It is.

14 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I understand. Your reaction was framed as though children below the age of 8 being enrolled in contact sports, based on your own experiences, is not common. It is.

Actually, I guess it goes beyond contact sports.  There are some studies that soccer players can get CTE from heading the ball.  It is repetitive, but doesn't generally result in what we consider concussions or "getting your bell rung."  My son is 16 months and he headbutts damn near anything.  I guess I should throw a helmet on him. 

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

He's the lowest of the low, used his size & craziness to intimidate everyone around him, including teammates. He's a bad egg & im glad he was never a NY Jet. Tells me a lot about Rex taking him in Buffalo, a guy like Belichick wouldn't give this guy a 2nd look. Big difference between giving guys like Moss, or Gordon chances but a certifiable BULLY who tries to intimidate those around him? No way!

The bills had a top 5 OL after they signed Incognito it seemed like he held it together after he got cut in Miami

But no he’s done and would probably return to the old ways here

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Not sure why a a team like the Raiders, who are supposed to be in the midst of a youth movement, would bring in a schizophrenic old guy whose main claim to fame was terrorizing a young teammate to near suicide.  Does not make a lot of sense to me.

Gruden is nuts

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Not sure why a team like the Raiders, who are supposed to be in the midst of a youth movement, would bring in a schizophrenic old guy whose main claim to fame was terrorizing a young teammate to near suicide.  Does not make a lot of sense to me.

Just win baby! 

I know there are still people that think that Gruden is crazy like a Fox.  Other than getting all that money, I don't see it.

• Sympathy 1