Le'veon mistake?

25 minutes ago, CheezeMCRow said:

Anyone else starting to feel like signing this guy could be a brewing DISASTER?

Jets' Le'Veon Bell to Practice 'When It's Time to Play Football,' Skip OTAs: 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2834987-jets-leveon-bell-to-practice-when-its-time-to-play-football-skip-otas

Aggressively trolling on a couple of fronts, I see. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

I started following him on Instagram, he posts his workouts, and they seem intense as hell.  I will give him the benefit of the doubt.  But what the heck do I know. 

For those not on IG.

This one is actually a bit light and looks to be more focused on agility. He posted some other off the wall stuff before. 

• Upvote 2

This is what you get after the Draft yet before Training Camps.  We're in the dead zone of the NFL calendar IMO.  It's almost worse than February and March because at least during those months you're looking ahead to FA and the Draft.

Nobody is playing football right now so the only thing to criticize is off the field stuff and Instagram posts I guess.

Also, apparently Lac Edwards is out of shape and making country music albums.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

As long as we're winning I think we're getting a good player for 2-3 years.  

If we're not winning, I could easily see him becoming a headache & clashing with Gase.  

Agreed, i think it's all about the team getting off to a good start (for Bell AND Gase) or i could see the season unraveling fast with Bell and Gase succumbing to New York pressure quickly, which is why I really wanna see like a 4-2 type of start.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

47 minutes ago, CheezeMCRow said:

No.  Not yet.

I don't really care what he does prior to Preseason.  

If he skips mandatory work, thats an issue.  OTA isn't mandatory.

If he sucks when he gets here, thats an issue.  I doubt that happens, but we'll see.

So no, not yet,

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, CheezeMCRow said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2834987-jets-leveon-bell-to-practice-when-its-time-to-play-football-skip-otas

Come on man.  What is this? 

• Upvote 1

I'm not even concerned about his conditioning, I'm more concerned about his motivation now that he's been paid. This guy hasn't played for a couple years or practiced a lick, and is already blowing off team activities for a brand new team he clearly didn't even want to go to, and seems like he would've gone elsewhere had another suitor simply offered him more money. 

That's why i feel they need to get off to a really good start, or i fear his interest will fade fast ... and being as Gase already has a volatile history with player relationships, feels like a powder keg waiting to be lit is all.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

OMG - enough already.  I want to heel hook the entire board at the same time right now.  Even the level headed ones who dont make mountains out of mole hills. 

Heel hook.  That sounds fun. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CheezeMCRow said:

I'm not even concerned about his conditioning, I'm more concerned about his motivation now that he's been paid. This guy hasn't played for a couple years or practiced a lick, and is already blowing off team activities for a brand new team he clearly didn't even want to go to, and seems like he would've gone elsewhere had another suitor simply offered him more money. 

That's why i feel they need to get off to a really good start, or i fear his interest will fade fast ... and being as Gase already has a volatile history with player relationships, feels like a powder keg waiting to be lit is all.

So... Giants or Pats fan? 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CheezeMCRow said:

It’s a troubling pattern

But yes I’m sure his conditioning is great considering he hasn’t played in almost 2 years

54 minutes ago, CheezeMCRow said:

No, I dont think it's going to be a DISASTER by any means. We arent a contending team that is relying on him to be the last piece to get us to a superbowl. That might be a disaster. 

I'm fine with the signing because it's just money and it's worth a shot... BUT I do stand by my original feeling before we signed him that he is not going to be anything remotely close to what people are expecting or what he was in Pitt, for several reasons;

- We don't have the Steelers oline. Yes, at his best he can do more than anyone with less. This is the guy you would want to have if you're stuck with a subpar oline. But I think its naive to expect the same player behind our oline.

- Right now, I dont buy at all that Bell is motivated. I don't think football is his first priority and I think he will end up the most recent Jets player to check out after being paid. 

- People point to the year off as a good thing, I tend to think that this might be the biggest negative against him. Two years ago, when Bell sat out the entire offseason and didnt report until week 1, it took him the first 4 games of the season to get into shape and be effective. I remember this vividly because I had drafted him 1st overall and he was nothing for the first quarter of the season. That was after not working out with his team for one offseason. Now, he has been out of football for well over a year and STILL wont work out with his new team. And we think this is a good thing? 

Like every other negative feeling I have right now, I hope I'm wrong. But I feel pretty strongly that Bell is not going to turn out to what we hope he will be. He might not be Forte kind of bad, but I think it is not unrealistic to think that he is going to end up pretty pedestrian. 

Honestly, if he shows up, I don't think he makes it out of training camp without injury and I think we are going to go through this entire season with his availability in question every week because of a hamstring or some other injury most likely related to not being in football shape. 

14 minutes ago, slats said:

So... Giants or Pats fan? 

New Jersey Generals fan actually.

I love how questioning a move by the all mighty lord Mac automatically makes you a Jets hater, and not simply a realist, based on his history of sustained ineptitude.