Jump to content

Le'veon mistake?


CheezeMCRow
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Guess all that nonsense about different opinions based on well thought out beliefs was just a load of shlt that doesn't apply to someone else's opinions, just yours.

My contention was more about baseless name-calling and putting down other fans who don't agree with your opinion, not about the opinion itself. Bart Scott is a celebrity whose job is to stir up debate for a radio show, and also just happens to be an unabashed Jets booster who might as well have his own office in the Florham Park PR department, right next to Manish. It doesn't mean his opinion isn't relevant, just skewed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

and that's just it, my concern was never really his physical conditioning, but more the mental aspect, especially since he hasn't played in so long and he's on a brand new team, already having to field questions about his me-first mentality plaguing him throughout his Pittsburgh days BEFORE he no-showed any Jets team function.. You'd figure now he has a new contract, and a fresh start, he'd want to actually meet his new teammates, coaches, and media, and let's be honest, start to get used to what it's like in New York compared to Pittsburgh (very different media and pressurized monsters) just to squash all the bad vibes that dog him, and take a role as a veteran leader setting positive examples (even if he has to fake it).
His ambivalence towards any of that is just disappointing is all. Not the sky falling, just disappointing.


You’re right, It does come across that way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CheezeMCRow said:

Apologies if logic doesn't sit well. 

You've been on the board for less than a week and your posts have entirely consisted of defending Daniel Jones, claiming the Bell signing will be a disaster and love letters to Eli Manning. The logic sits fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fan base always needs debate and questioning authority, otherwise you end up with years of Bowles coaching and Mac oversight.

My point continues to be the o-line should have and still MUST start becoming the focal point, thus making risky headline-seeking signings like Bell unnecessary. Build a strong, young oline around Darnold, and him and the team will be far, far better for it. Neglecting it, as Mac has done, will only lead to what we've seen happen to Eli for years (oops, i mentioned Eli without saying 'he's the biggest joke of a qb ever' so i better apologize quick, ha)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, CheezeMCRow said:

Fan base always needs debate and questioning authority, otherwise you end up with years of Bowles coaching and Mac oversight.

My point continues to be the o-line should have and still MUST start becoming the focal point, thus making risky headline-seeking signings like Bell unnecessary. Build a strong, young oline around Darnold, and him and the team will be far, far better for it. Neglecting it, as Mac has done, will only lead to what we've seen happen to Eli for years (oops, i mentioned Eli without saying 'he's the biggest joke of a qb ever' so i better apologize quick, ha)

What the fan base does has little to no influence on the front office.  I would argue that even the banner flying did nothing.  We were questioning Bowles and Mac and they were here 4 years together.  Mac remains despite several of us eviscerating his draft performance from damn near the start. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, CheezeMCRow said:

My contention was more about baseless name-calling and putting down other fans who don't agree with your opinion, not about the opinion itself. Bart Scott is a celebrity whose job is to stir up debate for a radio show, and also just happens to be an unabashed Jets booster who might as well have his own office in the Florham Park PR department, right next to Manish. It doesn't mean his opinion isn't relevant, just skewed.

Bart is not an unabashed jet booster.  That's totally wrong.  His opinion is no more biased than someone trolling a jet forum telling all that the signing of the top FA will be a disaster.  Without facts, just because

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the fan base does has little to know influence on the front office.  I would argue that even the banner flying did nothing.  We were questioning Bowles and Mac and they were here 4 years together.  Mac remains despite several of us eviscerating his draft performance from damn near the start. 

Great point, and I clearly don't wanna overstep any boundaries or anything, being a newbie, but I just get so frustrated on what little has been accomplished during the Mac regime that it makes me even more frustrated when it appears that so many fans will simply buy into what he's selling again and again and again. But it does my heart good to know there are always going to be those who want this team to not only simply be held accountable for endless false hopes and misguided 'plans' but also want a team philosophy from top to bottom that's far less satisfied with being merely competitive, and improving jersey sales, and instead, more focused on what it genuinely takes to be a perennial championship contender. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Troll-Spray-atsof-545146_377_603.jpg.a7472bdd919828055af557145ae48b34.jpg

haha, gold .... hey, to each his own, but as long as you're thrilled being under 500 endlessly, and getting worse each year under Mac, then more power to ya, but some other fans would actually like something a bit more for the franchise. But hey, again, as long as you're happy and easily content, then by all means.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

He's not sitting out training camp.  He's sat out the voluntary OTAs, which have been over for days.  When training camp opens he practices with the team.

 

Actually, for a running back in mid career, sitting out a year might be a good thing to do.  Speed does not disappear at 30 in sprinting-Linford Christie won an Olympic gold medal in the 100 meter dash at the age of 32, an age RBs are supposed to be washed up. Getting hit limits a RBs career.  2018 Leveon didn't get hit all year and gave his joints and muscles a full year to heal.  He'll probably not only get another year in football to make up for the one he lost, he very likely will have another year or two on top of that.

 

He's practicing with the team during training camp, so there is no injury risk.  And he should be stronger and in better shape the beginning of 2019 than he would have been in 2018 had he played. 

My first quote had nothing to do with him skipping voluntary workouts. What I said refers to his year off from football, so your response confuses me. 

On the other two - I sincerely hope you're right. I am no doctor and I'm not going to sit here and try to list some half assed facts about sport injuries, aside from the fact that it seems to be widely held that injuries can he more frequent when someone is out of shape to an extent. 

My premise is essentially that I, personally, feel that I'm not super convinced of his dedication to the game after getting his money. Correct or not, this is a concern that has been raised or at least mentioned as a possibility by many people. 

We won't know until the summer. I hope that by the end of his first practice, that it will be beyond obvious that my concerns were completely wrong. I would LOVE to watch the old Bell running on Sundays for our Jets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:57 AM, CheezeMCRow said:

New Jersey Generals fan actually.

I love how questioning a move by the all mighty lord Mac automatically makes you a Jets hater, and not simply a realist, based on his history of sustained ineptitude.

You're in this way to deep to pull yourself out by using the tried and true "Macc Sucks" tripe. Your weren't questioning the move.  You were questioning the player.  You went to plan "B" when you realized that plan "A" was a dumpster fire.   Nice try though.

Your generalities about his lack of conditioning, need for a pay day, not playing "for a few years", didn't "really want to come here", all show that you're just pulling things out of your azz.  "Cheezy" comments.  You will be proven sadly wrong real fast.

The New Jersey Generals comment is telling.  Perhaps you have him confused with Hershel Walker.  He's not that.  Not by a long shot.  LeVeon Bell will flourish here for four seasons.  Bet on it. 

As for the working out on his own part, I have no problem with it.  He already came to Florham Park.  He is a big boy.  He is no rookie.  He is already in shape. It's May.  He will hit the ground running.  You and a few here are just trying to stir up some off-season sh*t.  You can do better than this.  Can't you??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You're in this way to deep to pull yourself out by using the tried and true "Macc Sucks" tripe. Your weren't questioning the move.  You were questioning the player.  You went to plan "B" when you realized that plan "A" was a dumpster fire.   Nice try though.

Your generalities about his lack of conditioning, need for a pay day, not playing "for a few years", didn't "really want to come here", all show that you're just pulling things out of your azz.  "Cheezy" comments.  You will be proven sadly wrong real fast.

The New Jersey Generals comment is telling.  Perhaps you have him confused with Hershel Walker.  He's not that.  Not by a long shot.  LeVeon Bell will flourish here for four seasons.  Bet on it. 

As for the working out on his own part, I have no problem with it.  He already came to Florham Park.  He is a big boy.  He is no rookie.  He is already in shape. It's May.  He will hit the ground running.  You and a few here are just trying to stir up some off-season sh*t.  You can do better than this.  Can't you??

I don't think I ever expressed much concern over Bell's conditioning in offseason (only in so much that he should take part in all team activities to see where he stands physically against fellow NFL players after missing a ton of time the past couple years--and don't think that's nothing--and not merely how he compares to his training buddies at home).... again, my problem with bell is pure attitude, motivation, and potential negative influence on a young, raw qb, and an overall young, impressionable roster.

But no need to get your panties in a bunch, this isn't a personal slam on the guy, it's merely stating his history as player since he's been in the league. He's physically a great player, but also a problem. Maybe he's turned over a new leaf, and sees the jets as a new awakening, and a chance to redeem his image, and be an all-pro again. Maybe. Or maybe he got his payday, will do the bare minimum of what he's forced to do without getting fined. 

Ps, pointing out that Mac has done a piss poor job as GM is hardly a personal vendetta, and more just having eyeballs 👀 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, CheezeMCRow said:

I don't think I ever expressed much concern over Bell's conditioning in offseason (only in so much that he should take part in all team activities to see where he stands physically against fellow NFL players after missing a ton of time the past couple years--and don't think that's nothing--and not merely how he compares to his training buddies at home).... again, my problem with bell is pure attitude, motivation, and potential negative influence on a young, raw qb, and an overall young, impressionable roster.

But no need to get your panties in a bunch, this isn't a personal slam on the guy, it's merely stating his history as player since he's been in the league. He's physically a great player, but also a problem. Maybe he's turned over a new leaf, and sees the jets as a new awakening, and a chance to redeem his image, and be an all-pro again. Maybe. Or maybe he got his payday, will do the bare minimum of what he's forced to do without getting fined. 

Ps, pointing out that Mac has done a piss poor job as GM is hardly a personal vendetta, and more just having eyeballs 👀 

So hes going to be a disaster or whatever nonsense youre selling, his bad attitude, his lack of motivation, negative influence on others, whatever crap you can pile on. 

A MISTAKE!!!!!!!

All based on staying out of one of the voluntary get togethers because, best part, he wants to come to the Jets in the best shape he can be in.  Wow, there it is right in a nutshell, a disaster, unmotivated, a bad influence, negative attitude, money has ruined him......

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, CheezeMCRow said:

Well, this was published today by Sporting News, so it's not like the Le'veon issue is some idea conjured up on this board by all of us 'out to get Bell' :

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/leveon-bell-already-sending-jets-familiar-troubling-message/1gzmx7r7pl7de15pz0iziyfsll

 

Who cares?  There is nothing in this article that we don't know.  We all know he's working out on his own, that he's done this for his last 4 seasons.  Thats all.  Nothing more.  Other than this guy saying its an issue or better yet could be.

Article says absolutely nothing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

jets fans have no clue how to have nice things....as usual

It was apparent Bell was the perfect match for us and Darnold.  We were gong after him and we had people bitching and moaning about Macc overspending by a gazzilion dollars for Bell.

We got him at a bargain rate so now were onto hes a bad influence.  Waiting for all the he'll ruing Darnold etc posts.

How come on their Google, when they look up Jets they get nothing but doom and gloom articles.  Never post a single article on how much Bell will help.  There must have been a 1000 of those.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jet Nut said:

It was apparent Bell was the perfect match for us and Darnold.  We were gong after him and we had people bitching and moaning about Macc overspending by a gazzilion dollars for Bell.

We got him at a bargain rate so now were onto hes a bad influence.  Waiting for all the he'll ruing Darnold etc posts.

it honestly doesnt matter...jets fans are miserable. its going to take several years or winning (if that ever happens) to turn things around. hell poor Jamal Adams is doing anything and everything for this team, is the top safety in football...and there was a post about trading him!! in life, when u dont ever have nice things, you dont know how to act when you do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

it honestly doesnt matter...jets fans are miserable. its going to take several years or winning (if that ever happens) to turn things around. hell poor Jamal Adams is doing anything and everything for this team, is the top safety in football...and there was a post about trading him!! in life, when u dont ever have nice things, you dont know how to act when you do.

just to add...we have a young QB that MMQB ranked ahead of Mahomes on talent, we have prob 3 HOF type players on the roster, the best player in this years draft....and still...negativity on top of negativity....you would think the fans would at least see how things play out before sh*tting on every move...NOPE...not us.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CheezeMCRow said:

I don't think I ever expressed much concern over Bell's conditioning in offseason (only in so much that he should take part in all team activities to see where he stands physically against fellow NFL players after missing a ton of time the past couple years--and don't think that's nothing--and not merely how he compares to his training buddies at home).... again, my problem with bell is pure attitude, motivation, and potential negative influence on a young, raw qb, and an overall young, impressionable roster.

But no need to get your panties in a bunch, this isn't a personal slam on the guy, it's merely stating his history as player since he's been in the league. He's physically a great player, but also a problem. Maybe he's turned over a new leaf, and sees the jets as a new awakening, and a chance to redeem his image, and be an all-pro again. Maybe. Or maybe he got his payday, will do the bare minimum of what he's forced to do without getting fined. 

Ps, pointing out that Mac has done a piss poor job as GM is hardly a personal vendetta, and more just having eyeballs 👀 

I was not on board with the LeVeon Bell pursuit at the outset, based on my own perception of what went down in Pittsburgh.  That being said, the way that the free agency period developed, with the type of talent brought in, Adam Gase' style of offense, and the way things fell to the Jets, including a "team friendly" contract, bringing Bell here amounts to a stroke of genius by the much maligned Macc.

Your point about "team activities", and the physical element attached to the recent team "get together" is laughable.  It was no more physical or competitive than if they had gotten together and played Frisbee on the beach.  It was the equivalent of a team mixer, no more than that. 

As for LeVeon Bell his competitiveness, fitness, motivation and production have never been questioned during his entire career in the league.  He is not often mentioned as the "most talented" running back in the league, rather he is noted as the BEST, most complete back in the league.  His "attitude" has been nothing short of being a warrior and a leader.  His "attitude" problems stemmed from a marijuana episode, and contract squabbles with the Steelers.  Beyond that, recent evidence, as well as past rumors, bear out the reality, that the Steeler locker room is hardly a cohesive, happy place.

  As for the payday,  you won't see him on a breadline anytime soon.  If is was about the money he would have reported to the Steelers in November, played a few games, maybe, and collected 6 million dollars.  I didn't believe him at the time, but it is now evident that his reason was "principle".  How about that? 

As mentioned by Gase, and about a million others, including teammates, these workouts were purely voluntary.  If the Coach, and his teammates, as well as the league have no problem with it, why should we?  Unless there is an agenda...

There is plenty of ammunition for criticism of Maccagnan's past job performance.  Criticism of this free agency, and draft class is nothing but evidence of sour grapes.  This team has been reshaped and strengthened immeasurably.  In one short off-season.  That is a credit.  Your "eyeballs" are focused on the past.  I suggest you turn them to the present and future.  It's a much better sight to behold.

Nothing that LeVeon Bell has done to this point, or will ever do as a Jet, will have any negative impact on Sam Darnold.  To consider that prospect is disrespectful to the strength of character and maturity of Sam Darnold.  It is simply ludicrous.  If that Sh#tshow run by Toilet Bowles, that Darnold survived, and prospered in to some degree, didn't scar or damage Sam's fortitude and skills, then nothing can or will.  He is mighty.  Focus on that.  Not whether or not LeVeon Bell showed up to throw around a couple of balls with the "boys" in the middle of April.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...