2018 Robby Anderson Touchdowns and PFF opponent grades

A quick look at Robby Anderson's 6 touchdowns last year, what player and position he is going against, and the players 2018 PFF grade for the year. 

• 4/6 of the touch downs come on out routes on man coverage
  • 2 touchdowns are in the back of the endzone, after the play has broken down and Darnold is scrambling
  • Only 1 of the players who is guarding him has an above average PFF grade, mostly its a zone and he out runs a safety for a 50/50 ball        

Below is a list of the teams we play with the starting 2 corners and there PFF grade for 2018, 69.9 is a below average score, 10 of our opponents next year have a starting corner with a below average score.

I think in Gase's system he will be utilized correctly and put in the right position. I am expecting a big year if Crowder and Q stay healthy to give him the ability to move to both sides of the field and pick on some of these below average corners. 

Non Divsional 
Ravens PFF Grade
Jimmy Smith 61.7
Marlon Humphrey 80.1

Bengals PFF Grade
William Jackson III 73.4
Dre Kirkpatrick 60.1

Eagles PFF Grade
Ronald Darby 70.6
Jalen Mills 57.2

Redskins PFF Grade
Josh Norman 68.9
Quinton Dunbar 67.2

Jaguars PFF Grade
A.J. Bouye 75.7
Jalen Ramsey 72.8

Giants PFF Grade
Janoris Jenkins 68.1
Shaquill Griffin n/a

Cowboys PFF Grade
Chidobe Awuzie 63.9
Byron Jones 79.9

Steelers PFF Grade
Steven Nelson 72.1
Joe Haden 70.9

Browns PFF Grade
Denzel Ward 78.9
Terrance Mitchell 64.1

Raiders PFF Grade
Gareon Conley 64.1
Daryl Worley 55.6

In Division
Dolphins PFF Grade
Xavien Howard 77.3
Eric Rowe 62.9

Bills PFF Grade
E.J. Gaines 58.7
Tre'Davious White 61.1

Patriots PFF Grade
Stephon Gilmore 90.9
Jason McCourty 82.3
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Raiders are starting Worley? @Raideraholic please explain

Most likely no.   Trayvon Mullen who is physical corner will most likely start opposite G Conley.    ( Mvp of national championship game)   G Conley might not be the best run defender around, but the man can cover. ( looking at one of the best young cover Cb's around whose only going to get better.( basically was just a rookie last year) .  

A limited Wr like Robbie Anderson isn't doing jack against him.( put your money where you mouth is)     See the only game he played his rookie year was against the Jets.( before he went on Ir for the season)   Was all over Robbie Anderson .     ( remember the play where  he purposely tried to tip the ball to one of his teammates. 

Raiders secondary is where the Raiders made the most improvements on( matching up with the Chiefs in mind)  , and is very deep now .     The Jets Wr Corp is in for a long day. Lamarcus Joyner will get J Crowder in the slot.   T Mullen they can put on R Anderson . ( easy handles one trick pony)   Conley will put on Big E .( don't want to butcher spelling his name.

• Haha 2

Most likely no.   Trayvon Mullen who is physical corner will most likely start opposite G Conley.    ( Mvp of national championship game)   G Conley might not be the best run defender around, but the man can cover. ( looking at one of the best young cover Cb's whose only going to get better.( basically was just a rookie last year) .  
A limited Wr like Robbie Anderson isn't doing jack against him.( put your money where you mouth is)     See the only game he played his rookie year was against the Jets.( before he went on Ir for the season)   Was all over Robbie Anderson .     ( remember the play where  he purposely tried to tip the ball to one of his teammates. 
Raiders secondary is where the Raiders made the most improvements on , and is very deep.     The Jets Wr Corp in for a long day.

Too easy. Too predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Too easy. Too predictable.

Put your money where your mouth is. Robbie Anderson .Please that's a joke. Remember when someone try to say he was easy a 1000 yard receiver  last year.      Jets have to start putting  some real weapons around Darnold. ( Must do a lot better than R Anderson.   Save this post for November 25.( day after the Raiders played the Jets) 

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Most likely no.   Trayvon Mullen who is physical corner will most likely start opposite G Conley.    ( Mvp of national championship game)   G Conley might not be the best run defender around, but the man can cover. ( looking at one of the best young cover Cb's around whose only going to get better.( basically was just a rookie last year) .  

Raiders secondary is where the Raiders made the most improvements on( matching up with the Chiefs in mind)  , and is very deep now .     The Jets Wr Corp is in for a long day. Lamarcus Joyner will get J Crowder in the slot.   T Mullen they can put on R Anderson . ( easy handles one trick pony)   Conley will put on Big E .( don't want to butcher spelling his name.

Lets see when Bell is running against that 30th ranked run defense and those corners are all alone vs the wrs.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Sadly this is probably the way it will go. The difference will be how much time Sam is given to throw. If they give him time Sam will pick apart that Raiders secondary.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

If Robby Anderson was a Raider:

No one can stop Anderson. He’s a burner with great hands. If you put anyone on him one on one you’re doomed. He’s the bestest player ever. If you think any DB can cover him put your money were your mouth is.

After seeing what he’s done the last two years in the league, Al Davis would have used a 1st round pick on Robbie in a do-over draft if he were still around. 

• Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Oh I didn't realize you had another basically a rookie, and a guy who shut down the vaunted Alabama passing game. 

So basically 2 rookies?

Who's your QB? 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

If Robby Anderson was a Raider:

No one can stop Anderson. He’s a burner with great hands. If you put anyone on him one on one you’re doomed. He’s the bestest player ever. If you think any DB can cover him put your money were your mouth is.

Damn, I must have missed the post where Clelin Ferrell was the steal of the draft and how ARI, SF and NYJ will regret passing on this generational talent who will make the league forget about Khalil Mack.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Good thing our offense is not built around " a limited wide receiver like Robbie". It is built off quick passes, middle of the field, play action with bootleg. It's not built off a #1 wide receiver that a shut down corner would shadow. 

Either way G Conley isn't shadowing anyone, he is staying on one side of the field. 

Lamarcus Joyner was a solid pick up. But so was Bell. It's not like you guys will be playing in a nickel package and Joyner is going to be on the field every down... Lets say that is the case. 

• Oakland finished the 3rd worst team against the run. HORRIBLE 
  • They only have one player in there front 7 who finished with an above average pff grade, even with all there off season moves 
  • So now if we run out of 3 wide receiver packages, bell will be seeing defensive boxes with 6 to 7 defenders in it, I will take that all day.  

6 hours ago, jetsons said:

Curios how the 2 patriot cb's pff grades blow away their counter parts... things that you make you go hmmm.

gilmore is a good cornerback.  mccourty?  he's okay but it's all about the defensive system.  we all dislike the patsies but they do play disciplined defense and offense and it helps the players get high pff grades.

it is always about how these guys get used.  back in 2015, enunwa had a really good season because he was able to work with marshall and decker.  get more targets out there and suddenly all of the receivers start to look much better.  adding crowder and bell to the mix can only help.

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it is always about how these guys get used.  back in 2015, enunwa had a really good season because he was able to work with marshall and decker.  get more targets out there and suddenly all of the receivers start to look much better.  adding crowder and bell to the mix can only help.

It won't matter.  The Raiders are using a combination of super-soldier serum and radioactive spiders to goose up their defensive backs.  Apparently neither one shows up in league PED testing.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

What a strange response.  Gareon Conley was basically a rookie?  He came out the year after Hackenberg.  Conley is a nice piece, but he has some work to do before you can call him one of the best young cover corners.  I get being excited about your 2nd round pick, but pardon me if I am not quaking at the thought of going against the 5th corner taken in a weak corner draft.  I'm surprised that you didn't mention Nick Nelson as a future all-pro.  You're slacking. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Trayvon needs a ton of work before he is starting caliber.  I’ve watched every snap he has played at Clemson and he isn’t a day 1 starter at CB.  I’m not a huge Robby fan, but I would LOVE to see Trayvon on Robbie all day.  

Plus Trayvon was the defensive MVP of the Natty.   Which really should have went to Christian Wilkins, the heart and soul of that defense.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What a strange response.  Gareon Conley was basically a rookie?  He came out the year after Hackenberg.  Conley is a nice piece, but he has some work to do before you can call him one of the best young cover corners.  I get being excited about your 2nd round pick, but pardon me if I am not quaking at the thought of going against the 5th corner taken in a weak corner draft.  I'm surprised that you didn't mention Nick Nelson as a future all-pro.  You're slacking. 

G Conley was a 2017 first round pick who played in one full game his rookie year ( Jet game) 2018 played in 16 games. ( hence why I said it was basically his rookie year last year.     Like I said  G Conley might not be the best run support CB around, but the man can cover with the best of them. 

Conley was easy a top 10 pick who dropped in the draft because of the bogus rape allegation( bar tape cleared him) . Raiders  got him much later for that exact reason.( look it up) 

Raiders are so loaded at CB now I think Nick Nelson would make  a great safety.  Excellent tackler with very good instincts.  I personally like him better at safety than CB. 

17 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

Good thing our offense is not built around " a limited wide receiver like Robbie". It is built off quick passes, middle of the field, play action with bootleg. It's not built off a #1 wide receiver that a shut down corner would shadow. 

Either way G Conley isn't shadowing anyone, he is staying on one side of the field. 

Lamarcus Joyner was a solid pick up. But so was Bell. It's not like you guys will be playing in a nickel package and Joyner is going to be on the field every down... Lets say that is the case. 

• Oakland finished the 3rd worst team against the run. HORRIBLE 
  • They only have one player in there front 7 who finished with an above average pff grade, even with all there off season moves 
  • So now if we run out of 3 wide receiver packages, bell will be seeing defensive boxes with 6 to 7 defenders in it, I will take that all day.  

Joyner can play a lot of positions on defense ( any safety position, nickel CB, even played some lb in passing situations.

You can throw out the Raiders third worst run defense.  The Raiders upgraded the De position big time versus the run ( C Ferrell, B Mayowa, Josh Mauro - one dimensional run defender, and Mad Maxx.( how much strength he can add by the start of the season  will determine if he can be starting De opposite Ferrell.  

They upgraded the lb position B Marshall , v Burflict, Tevon Conley , and let's see Quinton Bell role 6'4 240 4.38 speed ( former Wr turned De ) I could see him being Sslb.     Safety upgraded bigtime too .  Karl Joseph only weakness , he was a poor matchup against the Te at Ss. . He moves to FS, and another missle Jonathan Abraham plays Ss. ( matches up better to the Te).

The Jets aren't running on the Raiders or passing  on them.

Now let's see the Jets defense stop the Raiders passing game.  1. Very good offense line now, Antonio Brown , Tyrell Williams, Keelan Doss/ Hunter Renfrow , Te Darren Waller 6'6 250 4.46 ( stole him off Ravens practice squad- fills the Jared  cook role) /  and Rbs Josh Jacobs/ Jalen Richards both are nightmares coming out of backfield in passing game.

They are going to throw all day on that Jet defense.  Throw early and often ,  ( after abuse them) than run the football.

Btw   They have their one dimensional speed threats ( Jj Nelson/ Rico Gafford but they are their fifth or six Wr not their first or second Wr. 

16 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Trayvon needs a ton of work before he is starting caliber.  I’ve watched every snap he has played at Clemson and he isn’t a day 1 starter at CB.  I’m not a huge Robby fan, but I would LOVE to see Trayvon on Robbie all day.  

Plus Trayvon was the defensive MVP of the Natty.   Which really should have went to Christian Wilkins, the heart and soul of that defense.  

How many Tds did Trayvon  Mullen give up at Clemson,( how many Wr's got behind him).  Exactly - one dimensional Robbie Anderson isn't doing anything against him.   Let's see what happens when two teams play .       You prove to be right I will give you your props.       Go ahead Robbie Anderson catch it , and see the shot k Joseph, or Johnathan Abram deliver. ( two heat seeking missiles). 

Btw the most dominating Clemson defense lineman that day was C Ferrell .( he embarrassed Jonas Williams all night- only time J Williams looked good when Ferrell was out of the game.( #7 wasn't up to the task).  

19 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Oh I didn't realize you had another basically a rookie, and a guy who shut down the vaunted Alabama passing game. 

So basically 2 rookies?

Who's your QB? 

When Sam Darnold puts up better numbers than Derek Carr than I might take you serious.   All you have is hope. ( we seen how far that has gotten you the last fifty years) .   Please save this thread because you knowci'm bringing it back after both teams play.

19 hours ago, nycdan said:

Damn, I must have missed the post where Clelin Ferrell was the steal of the draft and how ARI, SF and NYJ will regret passing on this generational talent who will make the league forget about Khalil Mack.

No what C Ferrell was - is the best fit for the Raiders defense.( fills what exactly they were looking for a power rusher three down De.( why they were willing to take him at four)   Again go look up Mike Zimmer double A gap blitz- Gruden talks about it.      Now add the Raiders additions in Fa, and the draft .  ( see exactly what they are doing).

22 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Lets see when Bell is running against that 30th ranked run defense and those corners are all alone vs the wrs.

Not even close to the same defense as your looking at maybe seven new starters.   Raiders could play a 5-2-4 defense .    LDE C Ferrell Ldt J Hankins / J Ellis Rdt Pj Hall / M Hurst Rde Josh Mauro ( strictly run defender) Wlb V Burfict Mlb B Marshall Sslb Q Bell - 6'4  240 4.38 ( can rush the Qb majority time ,but should be able to drop in coverage) 

FS Lemarcus Joyner ( will play ncb if jets play with three Wr's.) / Karl Joseph Ss J Abrams 

CB G Conley and T Mullen .     Might not be Mauro but will be new guy whether it's B Mayowa, or Maxx  Crosby.

Jet Wr Corp doesn't scare any team .  ( they aren't that good) . j Crowder is pretty good,  but again like Lamarcus Joyner matchup on him.   Enunwa  is better in the slot, but you have Crowder now.      Enunwa isn't catching anything on Conley.

22 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Sadly this is probably the way it will go. The difference will be how much time Sam is given to throw. If they give him time Sam will pick apart that Raiders secondary.

Raiders when they get the Jets in known passing downs the Jets offense line going to have major trouble.      LDE C Ferrell/ Maxx Crosby Rdt Pj Hall( too fast and strong for either RG or center to handle) Rdt M Hurst Rde Arden Key ( just situational pass rusher- will finish with no less than 9 sacks next season  . Q Bell 6'4 240 4.38  I expect to be at one of the lb position  out there on known passing downs.    Will use him in coverage, but when they blitz him right up the A gap - Darnold better get down fast because this guy a missle . ( Watch his get off,and how fast he gets back there.   Also might not be wise to rollout with Q Bell out here at Wlb. 

Raiders secondary so much stronger , and deeper it's going to give those pass rushers more time to get home. 

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

This thread is gonna be gold after the Raider game.

Yes it will be.  Extremely confident I will be walking out of Met life a happy man.  With my # 21 G Conley jersey on. Yelling on top of my lungs I told you so.

Raiders when they get the Jets in known passing downs the Jets offense line going to have major trouble.      LDE C Ferrell/ Maxx Crosby Rdt Pj Hall( too fast and strong for either RG or center to handle) Rdt M Hurst Rde Arden Key ( just situational pass rusher- will finish with no less than 9 sacks next season  . Q Bell 6'4 240 4.38  I expect to be at one of the lb position  out there on known passing downs.    Will use him in coverage, but when they blitz him right up the A gap - Darnold better get down fast because this guy a missle . ( Watch his get off,and how fast he gets back there.   Also might not be wise to rollout with Q Bell out here at Wlb. 
Raiders secondary so much stronger , and deeper it's going to give those pass rushers more time to get home. 

94226c6713daa24df59d1a629f980744.jpg

• Haha 1