Christopher Johnson vs Woody Johnson

On 5/9/2019 at 4:07 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

The owner doesn't have to be a football guy.  No one is demanding that the owner be a football guy.  But he has to be able to pick good people to run the football operations.  That's what we're talking about.  Woody has hired Terry Bradway, Mike Tannenbaum, John Idzik, and Mike Maccagnan.  That's on him, no one else. 

One of the biggest fears I have about us never winning one is ownership. Success starts at the top. 

On 5/9/2019 at 3:17 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

How does a team get the franchise QB?  Describe that process for me please. 

Seems to me that you think that's a very random process, even though there have been several franchises that have had multiple franchise QB's while we've had zero. 

The 49ers had Joe Montana and Steve Young.  The Packers went from Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers.  The Colts had Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck (they also drafted John Elway in '83).  The Cowboys went from Tony Romo to Dak Prescott.  Hell, even the Chargers went from Drew Brees to Phillip Rivers. 

How did they swing that?   Could it be....an organization running properly?

The 49rs traded for Young.

Leaves three.  Dak was a fluke.  Who isn't a given that he's a FQB.  They're debating all the time if he should be resigned.  So it's a couple of teams with multiple FQBs via the draft over the last few or more decades? 

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For someone who doesn’t seem to care about it you sure talk a lot about it.

Rooting for a team is part of one’s identity. We post on this message board because we care. It’d be nice to win something from time to time.

I care about winning. 

I don’t care about how anyone else “perceives” us.

It’s irrelevant to my football enjoyment. 

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Leaves three.  Dak was a fluke.  Who isn't a given that he's a FQB.  They're debating all the time if he should be resigned.  So it's a couple of teams with multiple FQBs via the draft over the last few or more decades? 

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I’m simply stating what I believe are facts. Woody is the owner of a team for 20 years that is statistically a bottom third performer.   whether he is better than Hess or the Browns is not my point.  I do NOT think Woody is a good owner.  I’m a Jets fan but not a Woody fan.  

No one is saying you have to like him. 

He’s not a bottom 3rd owner and what other fanbases think about us is irrelevant.

Well, at least to me it is. 

• Thumb Down 1

So you dont get credit for trading for the franchise QB now? lol. People love to credit Macc for “trading for Darnold” so that’s totally fair to dismiss the 49ers.

Ok folks, I give in. Woody and Chris are great owners and the proof is in the results.

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

One of the biggest fears I have about us never winning one is ownership. Success starts at the top. 

Any owner can get lucky.  Kraft was just another owner and then the greatest QB ever just fell in his lap in the 6th rd

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

No one is saying you have to like him. 

He’s not a bottom 3rd owner and what other fanbases think about us is irrelevant.

Well, at least to me it is. 

Not a bottom 3rd owner?  He forced us to trade for Tim Tebow, hired Idzik and Macagnan and gave Todd Bowles 4 years to stink

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Not a bottom 3rd owner?  He forced us to trade for Tim Tebow, hired Idzik and Macagnan and gave Todd Bowles 4 years to stink

10 bad moves does not make a bad owner. Every owner, even the best of them, have made bad moves. Robert Kraft drafted a multiple murderer and has overseen cheating scandals heretofore not seen in sports.

Johnson’s are not great owners but objectively they’re not in the bottom 1/3rd.

You want to cry about him being bottom 1/3rd go ahead. Doesn’t make it so.

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

10 bad moves does not make a bad owner. Every owner, even the best of them, have made bad moves. Robert Kraft drafted a multiple murderer and has overseen cheating scandals heretofore not seen in sports.

Johnson’s are not great owners but objectively they’re not in the bottom 1/3rd.

You want to cry about him being bottom 1/3rd go ahead. Doesn’t make it so.

10 bad moves is not enough?  How many flops does Woody need to do to qualify?

Everyone constantly rips Jim Dolan and rightfully so but his teams have both gone to the Finals.  The jets have never even been to a Super Bowl under Woody

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you dont get credit for trading for the franchise QB now? lol. People love to credit Macc for “trading for Darnold” so that’s totally fair to dismiss the 49ers.

Ok folks, I give in. Woody and Chris are great owners and the proof is in the results.

No you don't the same credit as the multitude of team that supposed to have gotten more than one FQB.

The 49rs?  I'm not complaining about them.  I'm just saying your facts are wrong.  Haven't been a lot of teams who have gotten a few FQBs . 

And while you're complaining about the owners you shouldn't be bitching about CJohnson given your logic.  He's been here 2 years and has a FQB.  Even with the pointless line about him being a great owner to deflect.