Under Construction; How Close are Jets to Completing Rebuild?

15 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Bowles didn't seem to help Mac make better decisions hence he was part of the problem. Trade down was always unlikely unless someone felt that Williams was worth the extreme value of the extra picks it would cost to move up. 

Never argued against Bowles' firing.  Argument has always been clear that "It's all Bowles fault," especially when it comes to the draft, was pure nonsense.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Never argued against Bowles' firing.  Argument has always been clear that "It's all Bowles fault," especially when it comes to the draft, was pure nonsense.

I don’t think even the biggest Bowles detractors said it was all Bowles fault, but that said, the people closest to the situation did say that.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I was not trying to blame the entire draft thing over the past 4 years on Bowles I was however saying he was part of the problem. The coaches philosophy plays a big part in who is picked. If it was solely on the GM that would be the part we could call "nonsense" on. We can also blame player development on the coach as well. I know players we drafted did not stick elsewhere either but it's certainly harder to re-develop a player you have no ties too than it is to develop one you have drafted when it comes to sticking with other teams and actually getting another real shot

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

But to say he had nothing to do with it is also completely false

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There are three types of teams:

Elite

Building

Rebuilding

The Jets have moved up a notch. The rebuild is over. We have a strong and experienced staff and an above-average roster.  We are now adding missing pieces, the foundation is strong. Two years ago it looked like the Bills and Dolphins had the leg up on being the team to take charge when B&B retire. We have leapfrogged them and are poised to take the next step this year. 

10-6. Five Seed. Have to go to Baltimore and upset the Ravens before punching our ticket to Foxboro.  That's the expectation.

SAR I

100 percent... Too many people complaining over pettiness 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

That it is an argument at all is nonsense. This is why we have rule number one. This is why there has to be somebody in charge. It doesn't even matter if everybody is competent and well-intentioned because everybody looks stupid when there's no mandate and disincentives to pushing anything in any kind of direction. The GM can't not know that he's half drafting for the next guy. The coach can't not know that there are better and worse ways to lose. And who knows what's gonna happen when the defensive coordinator who's been sucking it in and faking nice for months just to hang on to the crummy gig walks into the linebackers meeting and sees the narc.

9 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Hindsight is 20/20. Giants were dragged to the playoffs despite manning... 

You cannot have this both ways. You cannot say that the Jets are built similarly to these teams that you mentioned, and then when I show you that the level of talent is drastically different on the very teams that you made comparisons to, you turn around and say that hindsight is 20/20. 

If that's the case, then you shouldnt even be making Jets comparisons with teams that have either won or appeared in superbowls when our Jets havent earned a playoff spot in almost a decade and havent won their own division since 2002. 

Rams made the superb owl because of their Def in the playoffs not the offense. 

Really? The Rams averaged almost 26 points per game in the playoffs, which includes that 3 point outing in the SB which heavily skewed that average. With that said, the Rams defense did play a major part given that they allowed less than 20 ppg on average, but that Rams offense scored the 3rd highest PPG average of the 12 teams in the playoffs, only behind the Patriots and Chiefs, while their defense ranked 4th. In otherwords, their offense was slighly better than their defense when creating an average along with the other 11 teams that made the playoffs. 

You're being a Homer. But lets say that what you said was true, even if the Rams got to the SB because of their defense, they got to the playoffs because of their offense. So either way you are incorrect. You need a complete team with above average talent on both sides of the ball. 

Ravens had boldin on offense and an ok qb... Brought to the superbowl by their hof inside lb and hof safety... 

Ravens are the easiest comparison... Jets brought in the best inside lb in the league trained by the Ravens and a young safety that is growing into an all star... Darnold is young and growing into a position that he didn't play until college. Bell is a top 3 back that has a chance to be #1... 

That is an exact copy of the Ravens... Instead of an ok wr they have one of the best rb/wrs in the league 

???? We are NOT carbon copies of the Ravens. The Ravens were a 10-6 playoff team that won their division. The Jets won less than half of those games last year with a 4-12 record, havent won their division since 2002 and when it comes to the strength of each team, then true...the strength of both teams is their defense. The clear difference is that the Ravens were #2 in defense last year in terms of PPG allowed and the Jets were 29th in the same category. Where are you getting this from? 

How is that even comparable? Oh, that's right, we brought in CJ Mosley, a guy we massively overpaid when the Ravens rejected to pay him anywhere near that money. Sure, we have a young safety that isnt growing into a star, but is already a star in Adams. But as a defense, the Jets have literally been the polar opposite of #2 in the league. 

Brady has the best OL coach in the league but the jets just hired the 3rd best in the league... Not #1 but pollock is a game changer. 

Gronk on the field changed how Brady played but before gronk the pats won on their Def before he was a hof qb... 

The online coach pick up the the Jets was clutch. I agree with you on that 100%

Gronk was a matchup nightmare. The first half of this Pats dynasty can easily be put on the shoulders of Brady/Belichick, the latter half can easily be put on the shoulders of Brady/Belichick/Gronk. Gronkowski isnt even human. He was a matchup nightmare and he was always injured because of how defenders had to tackle him, which could be considered boarderline dirty, and it most definitely limited his career length. Gronk in his prime was unstoppable. What offensive player on the Jets post Curtis Martin was ever considered "unstoppable"??? Please, answer that question. 

You're making Homer comparisons. 

You sh*t on these players because they are young and haven't proven anything yet... But yet all of these teams were built slowly until one year it all clicked... 

No, im simply saying that they are young and havent proven anything yet, but because you're being a Homer you're taking what im saying which is absolutely true, and turning it into me sh*tting on players. 

You consider being "honest about players" as me "sh*tting" on players. No, im just not going to compare complementary players to pro bowlers and all pro's, or agree with comparing a terribly built Jets team to teams that were superbowl bound when we cant even make the playoffs. 

Those are the typical symptoms of a Jets homer. I dont have such blind loyalty to the point that I equate the Jets shortcomings to all time greats. 

The arguments here are terrible... Just because you choose to live in the misery of a jets fandom is your choice...

So I guess it's better to lie to and convince myself that complementary players is all we need on offense given that they I can them to all-pro's, and even though year after year the results on the field reveal the fruits of the front office during their offseasons, it's me living in misery by acknowledging these facts. 

You're a homer brother. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Antonio Callaway, David Njoku, Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt and Duke Johnson will totally suck, but the Jets skills group is totally solid. 

Because you know, guys like Beckham not showing up for voluntary practice shows the massive mistake the Browns made trading for a top NFL talent.

Meanwhile, the Jets not having an average Center, above average tackles, Oline depth isnt a problem even though this Oline was ranked 25th in the league last year, because we just signed Jamison Crowder in free agency and signed Bell to run behind that 25th ranked Oline though the team he left ranked #1 overall in Offensive Line Rankings. That Oline was so good that Bell's replacement that filled in during Bell's holdout, ended up being a pro bowler himself.  

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17

We dont need to provide any talent around Sam Darnold, all we need is Sam Darnold and everything is going to be alright on the offense. That philosophy has worked wonders for Aaron Rodgers, and for a brief moment Andrew Luck. Yeah, let's follow that path to perpetual mediocrity. 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

You cannot have this both ways. You cannot say that the Jets are built similarly to these teams that you mentioned, and then when I show you that the level of talent is drastically different on the very teams that you made comparisons to, you turn around and say that hindsight is 20/20. 

If that's the case, then you shouldnt even be making Jets comparisons with teams that have either won or appeared in superbowls when our Jets havent earned a playoff spot in almost a decade and havent won their own division since 2002. 

Really? The Rams averaged almost 26 points per game in the playoffs, which includes that 3 point outing in the SB which heavily skewed that average. With that said, the Rams defense did play a major part given that they allowed less than 20 ppg on average, but that Rams offense scored the 3rd highest PPG average of the 12 teams in the playoffs, only behind the Patriots and Chiefs, while their defense ranked 4th. In otherwords, their offense was slighly better than their defense when creating an average along with the other 11 teams that made the playoffs. 

You're being a Homer. But lets say that what you said was true, even if the Rams got to the SB because of their defense, they got to the playoffs because of their offense. So either way you are incorrect. You need a complete team with above average talent on both sides of the ball. 

???? We are NOT carbon copies of the Ravens. The Ravens were a 10-6 playoff team that won their division. The Jets won less than half of those games last year with a 4-12 record, havent won their division since 2002 and when it comes to the strength of each team, then true...the strength of both teams is their defense. The clear difference is that the Ravens were #2 in defense last year in terms of PPG allowed and the Jets were 29th in the same category. Where are you getting this from? 

How is that even comparable? Oh, that's right, we brought in CJ Mosley, a guy we massively overpaid when the Ravens rejected to pay him anywhere near that money. Sure, we have a young safety that isnt growing into a star, but is already a star in Adams. But as a defense, the Jets have literally been the polar opposite of #2 in the league. 

The online coach pick up the the Jets was clutch. I agree with you on that 100%

Gronk was a matchup nightmare. The first half of this Pats dynasty can easily be put on the shoulders of Brady/Belichick, the latter half can easily be put on the shoulders of Brady/Belichick/Gronk. Gronkowski isnt even human. He was a matchup nightmare and he was always injured because of how defenders had to tackle him, which could be considered boarderline dirty, and it most definitely limited his career length. Gronk in his prime was unstoppable. What offensive player on the Jets post Curtis Martin was ever considered "unstoppable"??? Please, answer that question. 

You're making Homer comparisons. 

No, im simply saying that they are young and havent proven anything yet, but because you're being a Homer you're taking what im saying which is absolutely true, and turning it into me sh*tting on players. 

You consider being "honest about players" as me "sh*tting" on players. No, im just not going to compare complementary players to pro bowlers and all pro's, or agree with comparing a terribly built Jets team to teams that were superbowl bound when we cant even make the playoffs. 

Those are the typical symptoms of a Jets homer. I dont have such blind loyalty to the point that I equate the Jets shortcomings to all time greats. 

So I guess it's better to lie to and convince myself that complementary players is all we need on offense given that they I can them to all-pro's, and even though year after year the results on the field reveal the fruits of the front office during their offseasons, it's me living in misery by acknowledging these facts. 

You're a homer brother. 

You took all that to just to say you think I am a homer... Which I am not, I am critical of a lot of what they do... They are moving in the right direction for once and fans like you are just sh*tting on them because they should have done more somehow.... My point wasn't to directly compare them but to show you that these teams were built similarly which you are failing to see because they are not direct comparisons... My other point of hindsight being 20/20 was because you didn't know these players were hof talent or probowlers but now that they won you can say that they had more talent... The jets roster has a lot of talent that was under utilized because of bad schemes and not being in the right positions. 

To bash the jets all you want.. They are finally moving towards a goal and because I like what they have done and you don't, you think that you are right and I am wrong

14 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

You took all that to just to say you think I am a homer... Which I am not, I am critical of a lot of what they do... They are moving in the right direction for once and fans like you are just sh*tting on them because they should have done more somehow.... My point wasn't to directly compare them but to show you that these teams were built similarly which you are failing to see because they are not direct comparisons... My other point of hindsight being 20/20 was because you didn't know these players were hof talent or probowlers but now that they won you can say that they had more talent... The jets roster has a lot of talent that was under utilized because of bad schemes and not being in the right positions. 

To bash the jets all you want.. They are finally moving towards a goal and because I like what they have done and you don't, you think that you are right and I am wrong

Feeling like they are moving in the right direction shouldnt mean comparing the Jets to superbowl teams, while at the same time saying  that someone is sh*tting on players simply by calling them complementary players, when they are complementary players. 

Im not bashing the Jets, im bashing the person in control of the Jets. 

Everything you said I shown to be a bit overblown atleast. Then you just ignore that and move to something else. 

Lets end the season with a non losing record before we start comparing the Jets and criticizing QB's like Flacco who played out of his mind during that superbowl run. 

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Feeling like they are moving in the right direction shouldnt mean comparing the Jets to superbowl teams, while at the same time saying  that someone is sh*tting on players simply by calling them complementary players, when they are complementary players. 

Im not bashing the Jets, im bashing the person in control of the Jets. 

Everything you said I shown to be a bit overblown atleast. Then you just ignore that and move to something else. 

Lets end the season with a non losing record before we start comparing the Jets and criticizing QB's like Flacco who played out of his mind during that superbowl run. 

I wasn't saying they were going to the superbowl... Nor was I saying they were exact matches... I have said repeatedly over and over that they are moving in the right direction and they have a chance to make a push... You are the one that is saying because they don't have a superbowl caliber team at the moment means they failed. 

17 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I wasn't saying they were going to the superbowl... Nor was I saying they were exact matches... I have said repeatedly over and over that they are moving in the right direction and they have a chance to make a push... You are the one that is saying because they don't have a superbowl caliber team at the moment means they failed. 

Of course you're not saying that, you're simply comparing the Jets to those types of teams. 

And you didnt say exact matches, but uou made comparisons that are simply not factual. That was incorrect in itself. Can we get to an 8-8 record before we start comparing our team to superbowl teams?

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Of course you're not saying that, you're simply comparing the Jets to those types of teams. 

And you didnt say exact matches, but uou made comparisons that are simply not factual. That was incorrect in itself. Can we get to an 8-8 record before we start comparing our team to superbowl teams?

I said that they were being built in similar ways... You say they have no talent... They have a lot more then last year... Improvement... And I feel as though the coaching changes are going to make a bigger impact then you do... Overall it feels like you think they are a 7-9 or 8-8 team and I think they are closer to 9-7 or 10-6... So it feels like you think that they are better then last year just not playoff ready... And I think they can make the playoffs with the improvements they made. 

The arguments here mean nothing until we see what this 2019 season will bring. I keep repeating myself, but Parcells always said just get into the tournament. 

Look what happened to the Rams, they were rolling along, then lost Cooper Krupp, then Gurley was completely limited, and they LUCKED into a Super Bowl appearance on the back of terrible non call (one of the worst in playoff history). 

Anything can happen when you get into the playoffs. While Jet fans have been jaded for years, if your an opposing fan & you end up playing an upstart Jet team in the playoffs with a young mobile QB like Sam, handing off to Le'veon Bell, and Anderson, Enunwa & Crowder, with Herndon at TE, and a pretty decent group on the defensive side of the ball, your not turning the TV on without a bit of trepidation of what your about to witness. What if you suffered an injury at CB & your dealing with Andersons speed? Or Bell is abusing your slow LBs out of the backfield? Or you can't stop Herndon in the seam, or worst of all, Darnold make 3 huge plays escaping the pass rush & running for 1st downs & throwing TDs like he did at Buffalo last year. 

These are things this NY Jet team are CAPABLE of doing next year if they can sneak into the playoffs. The Patriots start every season KNOWING they are going to the playoffs, which means every guy on that team knows before the season starts that they have a chance at a Super Bowl. That's a huge incentive to play 16 games. 

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The arguments here mean nothing until we see what this 2019 season will bring. I keep repeating myself, but Parcells always said just get into the tournament. 

Look what happened to the Rams, they were rolling along, then lost Cooper Krupp, then Gurley was completely limited, and they LUCKED into a Super Bowl appearance on the back of terrible non call (one of the worst in playoff history). 

Anything can happen when you get into the playoffs. While Jet fans have been jaded for years, if your an opposing fan & you end up playing an upstart Jet team in the playoffs with a young mobile QB like Sam, handing off to Le'veon Bell, and Anderson, Enunwa & Crowder, with Herndon at TE, and a pretty decent group on the defensive side of the ball, your not turning the TV on without a bit of trepidation of what your about to witness. What if you suffered an injury at CB & your dealing with Andersons speed? Or Bell is abusing your slow LBs out of the backfield? Or you can't stop Herndon in the seam, or worst of all, Darnold make 3 huge plays escaping the pass rush & running for 1st downs & throwing TDs like he did at Buffalo last year. 

These are things this NY Jet team are CAPABLE of doing next year if they can sneak into the playoffs. The Patriots start every season KNOWING they are going to the playoffs, which means every guy on that team knows before the season starts that they have a chance at a Super Bowl. That's a huge incentive to play 16 games. 

I agree with most of this... But like Parcells culture change and coaching can take a 1-15 team to a playoff contender in 2 years... Saints took the team to the superbowl in 2 years from a 3-13 team... The patriots earned the status they were at... Before the superbowl run they were the laughing stock of the league... 

That is why I think Mosley, Gase, Williams, pollock will make a huge impact to this team that people are discounting. 

Like you say make it to the playoffs and anything can happen... Look at Rex taking the jets to the afc championship with a team that most of the league was going to finish 4-12

Let’s look at the Jets roster, position by position, using emojis:

?: Position with possible ten year starter 

?: Position with solid starter who will be on roster in two years

?: Position with stopgap/rental that won’t be here in two years

?: Position with nothing

?: Dubious young player 

QB: ?

RB: ?

WR1: ?

WR2: ?

WR3: ?

TE: ??

OLT: ?

OLG: ?

OC: ?

ORG: ?

LDE: ?

RDE: ?

DT: ?

NT: ??

ROLB: ??

LOLB: ?

WLB: ?

SLB: ?

CB1: ?

CB2: ?

FS: ?

SS: ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I dunno about that.  Lee was clearly a pick influenced by Bowles 

10 hours ago, Skeptable said:

100 percent... Too many people complaining over pettiness 

This happens every May when the draft freaks are in withdrawal and their area of expertise is no longer needed.  They go full ogre and rationalize why the college boys they loved that the Jets passed on would have made the difference if only the Jets had listened to them and it clouds their judgement.  Draft is over.  Now it's time to look at the team big-picture.  They're not very good at that.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Exactly right.

Ask yourself:  Are the 2019 Jets better than the 2015 Jets?  That's the last time we had a 4th place schedule and lined up against the NFC East.

Is Sam Darnold capable of 31 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, and 59% completions?  Is Le'Veon Bell capable of 7 TD's and 1000 yards rushing and 1 TD and 200 yards receiving?  Is Chris Herndon capable of 0 touchdowns and 77 yards receiving?  Are Anderson/Enunwa/Bellamy/Herndon at least equal to Marshall/Decker/Enunwa/Cumberland?  Is our defense capable of holding opponents to an average of 20 points per game?  Is there an upside to an experienced NFL head coach vs. a raw rookie?  Are Gase and Williams better than Bowles, Gailey, and Rodgers?

That's what drove us to a 10-6 record in 2015.  The 2019 Jets are better.

SAR I

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly right.

Ask yourself:  Are the 2019 Jets better than the 2015 Jets?  That's the last time we had a 4th place schedule and lined up against the NFC East.

Is Sam Darnold capable of 31 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, and 59% completions?  Is Le'Veon Bell capable of 7 TD's and 1000 yards rushing and 1 TD and 200 yards receiving?  Is Chris Herndon capable of 0 touchdowns and 77 yards receiving?  Are Anderson/Enunwa/Bellamy/Herndon at least equal to Marshall/Decker/Enunwa/Cumberland?  Is our defense capable of holding opponents to an average of 20 points per game?  Is there an upside to an experienced NFL head coach vs. a raw rookie?  Are Gase and Williams better than Bowles, Gailey, and Rodgers?

That's what drove us to a 10-6 record in 2015.  The 2019 Jets are better.

SAR I

Yes.

If Sam is a worthy successor to St. Joe we are in for a fun year. I guess I'm a homer because I believe he is!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Yes.

If Sam is a worthy successor to St. Joe we are in for a fun year. I guess I'm a homer because I believe he is!

I do too, and I believe Sam hasn't scratched the surface. I think Gase believes it too & that's why he took the job here. Does anyone think we get an experienced coach without Sam at the helm? Would have been an inexperienced guy all over again. Look at what Walton (an offensive coach) achieved with a totally immobile Ken Obrien. The defense sucked but at least they were entertaining because of the offense. 

Watching this Jets offense for the last 10 years has been brutal for the most part the minute Favre hurt his shoulder. Sanchez had his moments but it was still a grinding type of offense with a lot of FG tries. Many slow start halves where we had to always come from behind, and too many close games with teams with horrible defenses. 

I think we finally have a QB in Sam that Gase will ask him to pick on weak links of opponents. Find the weak link & take advantage until they stop it & against better defenses teach him to take what the D gives you, protect the ball, hit the open man. No shame in dumping off to Bell for 5 yards at a clip. Rinse, repeat, tire out the opposing defense. And with Sams short throw accuracy (something Sanchez was terrible at), you move the sticks & get 3-4 more downs to exploit the defense. Especially bad tacklers in open space. 

12 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I was not trying to blame the entire draft thing over the past 4 years on Bowles I was however saying he was part of the problem. The coaches philosophy plays a big part in who is picked. If it was solely on the GM that would be the part we could call "nonsense" on. We can also blame player development on the coach as well. I know players we drafted did not stick elsewhere either but it's certainly harder to re-develop a player you have no ties too than it is to develop one you have drafted when it comes to sticking with other teams and actually getting another real shot

The point I was making is that this post-Bowles draft, looks exactly like a draft with Bowles.  Best available player at a lower value position, failure to trade down, questionable 3rd round pick, generally ignoring the offense.  What about this draft wasn't "influenced" by Bowles?

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2019 at 11:08 PM, Bleedin Green said:

Remaining steps for the rebuild:

Step 1:  Fire Mike Maccagnan

Step 2:  Hire anyone not named Mike Maccagnan

Seriously, being in year 5 of rebuild, coming off the worst season yet, and having multiple still completely unaddressed holes on the roster, there is absolutely no reason to believe it will ever end while repeating the same proven failures.

100% correct until Mac is gone this team will never be finished no excuse to take 5 years to rebuild in today's NFL most teams rebuild in 2 to 3 years max until Mac is gone the Jets will never finish rebuilding. 

7 hours ago, Skeptable said:

I said that they were being built in similar ways... You say they have no talent... They have a lot more then last year... Improvement... And I feel as though the coaching changes are going to make a bigger impact then you do... Overall it feels like you think they are a 7-9 or 8-8 team and I think they are closer to 9-7 or 10-6... So it feels like you think that they are better then last year just not playoff ready... And I think they can make the playoffs with the improvements they made. 

Then again, you're not saying much given that every team is built in similar ways given that all teams are built using football players. 

Either you're comparing or you're not. 

Having alot more talent on paper than last year doesnt change the fact that the last record the Jets produced was a 4-12 record. You're comparing them to teams that did more than just look good on paper. 

I dont know if this team is even a 8-8 team or a 10-6 team. The Jets averaged less than 21 PPG last year and gave up almost 28 PPG. That's a TD difference on average. The Jets not only have to score more points, but they have to allow less points scored. 

Darnold has no #1 WR on offense in a passing league. He does have a top RB in the league who will unfortunately see more defenders in the box now as a Jet. It will not be as easy for Bell as it was in Pitt. 

The Jets have no certified pass rush and no shut down CB tandem. 

Question, where are all of these points coming from that the Jets need to score and where are these defensive play makers that will rush the QB and defend the pass down field? 

Like I said, you're being a major homer right now. It's one thing to be optimistic in what your team did in the offseason, but you have NOTHING tangible to show when it comes to the Jets making a 5 or 6 game jump from 4-12 to a 10-6 record. 

I have no problem reading that explanation, but if you're going the "young up and comer" route, then I'm sorry, but that wont cut it. 

• Thumb Down 1

The rebuild is over. Darnold ended it. From here on out we are building around him and looking to compete for divisions then eventually Superbowls. This team could compete for the division this year but a wildcard is much more likely

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Want to see Darnold mature and improve in his second year. Have to be realistic this team still has holes in CB, offensive line and elite pass rusher. Maybe we get lucky with our draft picks and free agents and surprise . 500  record either slightly up up or down from there is where we seem at the moment

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s look at the Jets roster, position by position, using emojis:

?: Position with possible ten year starter 

?: Position with solid starter who will be on roster in two years

?: Position with stopgap/rental that won’t be here in two years

?: Position with nothing

?: Dubious young player 

QB: ?

RB: ?

WR1: ?

WR2: ?

WR3: ?

TE: ??

OLT: ?

OLG: ?

OC: ?

ORG: ?

LDE: ?

RDE: ?

DT: ?

NT: ??

ROLB: ??

LOLB: ?

WLB: ?

SLB: ?

CB1: ?

CB2: ?

FS: ?

SS: ?

Never stop being you.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then again, you're not saying much given that every team is built in similar ways given that all teams are built using football players. 

Either you're comparing or you're not. 

Having alot more talent on paper than last year doesnt change the fact that the last record the Jets produced was a 4-12 record. You're comparing them to teams that did more than just look good on paper. 

I dont know if this team is even a 8-8 team or a 10-6 team. The Jets averaged less than 21 PPG last year and gave up almost 28 PPG. That's a TD difference on average. The Jets not only have to score more points, but they have to allow less points scored. 

Darnold has no #1 WR on offense in a passing league. He does have a top RB in the league who will unfortunately see more defenders in the box now as a Jet. It will not be as easy for Bell as it was in Pitt. 

The Jets has no certified pass rush and no shut down CB tandem. 

Question, where are all of these points coming from that the Jets need to score and where are these defensive play makers that will rush the QB and defend the pass down field? 

Like I said, you're being a major homer right now. It's one thing to be optimistic in what your team did in the offseason, but you have NOTHING tangible to show when it comes to the Jets making a 5 or 6 game jump from 4-12 to a 10-6 record. 

I have no problem reading that explanation, but if you're going the "young up and comer" route, then I'm sorry, but that wont cut it. 

Stick to being a Browns fan...