Bilal Powell

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Because despite all the love he got from jets fans he has never been great and now he would be old, not great, and coming off a major injury?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

We wouldn't be paying him to be great and he was playing reasonably well last year before the injury...

• Upvote 1

Goodbye to likable and productive players are always hard, let alone not knowing when it was his last game with us when the injury happened.

I'll miss him in the green and white, but i will also cheer for him wherever he ends up.  He deserves that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

54 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Because despite all the love he got from jets fans he has never been great and now he would be old, not great, and coming off a major injury?

Love? You mean wasting his whole career with never giving him the opportunity tote the rock as the lead back he was meant to be?

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

at this point it would all about price.  if the jets do go after powell it's not for him to be in for more than a handful of plays to spell bell.  bell's the bell cow and needs to be on the field.  

**** price.  It is about roster space.  Powell is an older dude.  He has no real upside.  There is no reason to have him on the roster.  I am no McGuire fan, but they also have Montgomery and Cannon.  Hell, even Henderson has shown some promise rushing the football.  They are all 5 or more years younger than Powell. 

I know that everyone is down on Cannon, but he sure as sh*t had a better rookie year than Powell did.  Coming from a (very) small school, it isn't a surprise that he would take some time to adjust.  I have kind of a negative feeling about him because I expect those smaller change of pace backs to be good receivers, but everything I read about him said he wasn't a natural receiver.  It will be interesting to see what Gase can get out of him. 

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

He was our starter one season and he sucked. Get over it.

Pluhhh leezzee

Powell always outperformed in his limited role and any time he was given 15 plus touches he excelled and put up beautiful number 120 plus...5  or 6 yards a play. 

He didn't suck just took back seat to bug name players late in their career that had no business getting touches. Horrible how the team wasted his talent.

But no, go ahead and tell me to get over it and pretend we didn't crew this guy over and waste his career. Yeah you're right Macc

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Pluhhh leezzee

Powell always outperformed in his limited role and any time he was given 15 plus touches he excelled and put up beautiful number 120 plus...5  or 6 yards a play. 

He didn't suck just took back seat to bug name players late in their career that had no business getting touches. Horrible how the team wasted his talent.

But no, go ahead and tell me to get over it and pretend we didn't crew this guy over and waste his career. Yeah you're right Macc

October 14, 2018 16 for 59.  December 3, 2017 18 for 48.  September 24, 2017 15 for 37. 

He didn't suck, but please don't act like he ever deserved carries over a guy like Chris Ivory.

• Upvote 1

Off the injury at age 31, Powell is probably still better than the likes of McGuire and Cannon. But the dynamic has changed and the Jets are no longer a RBBC with Bell in the fold. He really doesn’t have a role on the Jets anymore. Neither does Cannon, who’s more than likely gone. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont temember the years but 2 separate seasons he was given the opportunity to be the man and both times he got hurt.

He wasnt durable enough to be the main guy.

He was never the main back.  He was always underutilized but I agree about his durability and maybe that's why he wasn't the feature back?

1 hour ago, slats said:

Off the injury at age 31, Powell is probably still better than the likes of McGuire and Cannon. But the dynamic has changed and the Jets are no longer a RBBC with Bell in the fold. He really doesn’t have a role on the Jets anymore. Neither does Cannon, who’s more than likely gone. 

Can't really argue with you, I agree. If anything I hope bell is the bell cow this year or it will be a other waste of talent

18 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Love? You mean wasting his whole career with never giving him the opportunity tote the rock as the lead back he was meant to be?

What you mean is everytime he was given a shot he either didnt play well or went out with an injury.

Its one thing getting yards after others have pounded the line, its another being the one who does the pounding.  He was a nice backup, added a lot for the investment.

Hes not better than what we have and isnt reliable enough