Henry Anderson !

I went back and looked and I could not find any video or film from his 2018 year with the Jets. I found 1 sack from the Green back game in week 16. I was surprised, I thought there would be a small highlight real or something. After some homework (looking through 2018 game highlights instead of actual work) I complied all of 2018 sacks with the Jets and added some Stanford bonus clips. 

2018 Take Aways 

1. 6/7 sacks came on third down
  2. Very good with his hands and bull rush
  3. Can play inside, Anderson, Q Williams, and Big Cat should be fun to watch

2018 Red Flags

1. Week 5 to 12, he went without a sack and started all games. 
  2. 3 of his 7 sacks came in 1 game in Houston late in the year with 3 games left, he was entering week 15 with only 3 sacks. 
  3. Out of the 22 solo tackles, only 15 came against the run, barley having 1 a game

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Drums said:

I remember listening to a pregame late in the year and they said he was much more productive throughout the season as a rotational player than the games he had to play more snaps. 

Would make sense, not everyone can handle an extra 300+ snaps a season and perform at a high level.

With Quinnen, Leonard, Anderson and who knows maybe Shepherd making a play or two, should offer opportunities for all these guys to rotate and be fresh.

• Upvote 1

Nice work @Rsherman28 from watching the games last year it always felt like Anderson played with energy and did not give on on plays, interesting mid year slump that seems to coincide with Sam on IR?

what is concerning to me is Mac decided to sign him to a 3yer $25m with $17m guaranteed while also paying Leo's 5th year option of $14.2m and then using the #3 pick (another $30m guaranteed)

Feels like a ton of capital invested in similar players

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Nice work @Rsherman28 from watching the games last year it always felt like Anderson played with energy and did not give on on plays, interesting mid year slump that seems to coincide with Sam on IR?

what is concerning to me is Mac decided to sign him to a 3yer $25m with $17m guaranteed while also paying Leo's 5th year option of $14.2m and then using the #3 pick (another $30m guaranteed)

At this point I'll take any indication that there is at least some kind of plan at work, and he certainly seems to have a pretty good idea what he's looking for because he keeps finding it. Rex used to never shut up about how you could never have too many of these guys for this defense and I'm assuming GWilliams is of like mind but we have to be nearing the practical limit.

This is probably overspecified as far as any standards actually in use, but since Maccagnan was hired,, there have been 13 defensive linemen 6'3"+, 302+ who hit 29.5+ vertical, 8'9"+ broad at the combine and he drafted 5 of them. I can live with applied planet theory but I swear to god if he starts stockpiling Mauldins again I am just gonne snap.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I agree, I like the out we have on the last year, only the first 2 years out of the 3 years are guaranteed. He would have to at least repeat his production for me to be satisfied with his performance this year. Seems like a high motor, blue chip kind of guy so I am rooting for him.

Leo is one of the most interesting players to watch this year. Playing on a contract year, making 14 million on his 5th year option, he almost has to produce is the sack column this year. You have to like the leadership aspect that he brings to the locker room and team. The amount of QB hits he has racked up the last 2 seasons is impressive, he can definitely disrupt the QB, this year he just has to finish the job in order to get the bag he is gonna bring in. 

He has a lot more help this year, Q Williams in the middle, Mosley, Polite and others rushing for the LB, Gregg Williams.

I don't mind putting that much into one position but if baffles me how Mac has managed it.

2018 Cap Hits, 30 million. This group needs around 20 sacks or up in order to be worth it. 

• Anderson - 8 million
  • L.Williams - 14 million
  • Q.Williams - 8 million
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

At this point I'll take any indication that there is at least some kind of plan at work, and he certainly seems to have a pretty good idea what he's looking for because he keeps finding it. Rex used to never shut up about how you could never have too many of these guys for this defense and I'm assuming GWilliams is of like mind but we have to be nearing the practical limit.

This is probably overspecified as far as any standards actually in use, but since Maccagnan was hired,, there have been 13 defensive linemen 6'3"+, 302+ who hit 29.5+ vertical, 8'9"+ broad at the combine and he drafted 5 of them. I can live with applied planet theory but I swear to god if he starts stockpiling Mauldins again I am just gonne snap.

??

Nathan Sheppard has a high probability of being next on your list. Although, I do think Jachai Polite will break this drafting pass rushers drought Mac has found him self in. His film has like 3 pass rushing moves and he looks super quick off the ball.   

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

OL 324+ V28+ B8'6+ is Shell, Harrison, Braden and Scharping, Ford, Donovan Smith, Ifedi