Jachai Polite's ex-coach defends Jets 'big-time steal'

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

When my brother was living with me, his girlfriend had two chihuahuas and she brought over some disgusting chihuahua rash and gave it to my brother. And even though I bought him his own towels to use, he would continue to use mine and I got this rash on my chest and had to go see a dermatologist, who recommended Herpecin and some pill. A year later, I go for a yearly physical and my doctor brings in this hot nursing intern to help him and what’s the first thing she see when she pops open my chart? Herpes meds. Disgusting 

Short film. Let's take it to Cannes.

Reminds me of the time I had to explain my jock itch in July to a beautiful pharmacist in Paris. I don't speak French.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, thshadow said:

Here's the thing that I don't get.

A concern that came from the combine / pre-draft process is, if he did that badly for that, he must be lazy and hard to coach.  And yet you never heard that during actual football games, and in fact here is his coach also saying good things about him. 

Another concern is that he was lying about his hammy, and that he's actually as slow as an offensive lineman.  But if anyone has watched any of his tape - that has to be 100% false...

I agree with people that say typically if you can't prepare well for the combine / pro-day, something is wrong, and his explanation sounds pretty far fetched.  But TBH, his explanation sounds a lot more believable than any alternative I can imagine...

I remember being young and following the wrong advice. I honestly think/hope that’s all this is and he can ball.

This is May.  Every year in May, regular as clockwork my position is that every single Jets draft pick is either a lock to be a perennial pro bowl player if we picked him in the first or diamond in the rough for everyone else.  And don't even get me started on the carbon content of our UDFAs

C'mon people.  Get with the program

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I remember being young and following the wrong advice. I honestly think/hope that’s all this is and he can ball.

Still don’t understand how his agent  let him run twice. Either hold him out of the 40 for the combine or stand on the first time. You have to know he was in the 5 range by then

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Still don’t understand how his agent  let him run twice. Either hold him out of the 40 for the combine or stand on the first time. You have to know he was in the 5 range by then

His agent told him to gain weight too.  I imagine that if he did the combine at his ideal weight he’d have considerably better numbers and would not have lasted until the 3rd round.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The biggest impressive stat he has going for him?  6 forced fumbles.  This is why it IS important to get sacks and get to the player you are pursuing instead of 'oh almost got to him, got a pressure' stat

From the (brief) highlights I saw of him, he targets the ball when making contact with the QB - so rather than trying to make the "big hit" (and the associated 15 yard penalty) he goes for the strip. He might on occasion miss out on a sack as a result, but the fumbles he causes should more than make up for this.

Hopefully the football gods pay us back for making so many mistakes on guys who were “risers” based off the senior bowl and combine by having Polite work out well. 

Polite is essentially the polar opposite of Stephen Hill who showed up to the Jets complex in a business suit during his pre draft visit.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Just curious, if he was drafted by the Pats, or by the flavor of the month, Cleveland, how would the media be spinning this? They would run out of superlatives.

There would be ESPN cover stories about what a genius steal the Pats had in the 2nd round Belichick the greatest coach ever will rehabilitate him via the Patriot Way he’s currently volunteering in a soup kitchen in Brockton 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

^This.  

I am 100% behind the Polite pick.  Top of 3rd round is EXACTLY the place where one should be willing to take a risk for the chance at tremendous upside.

I'm no Mac fan, but what I do not understand around here is all the criticism for NOT taking risks and playing it safe in round 1, but then harshly criticized for taking such a risk in round 3. 

This board makes no sense sometimes.

Worst case scenario Polite is just another crappy Macagnan draft pick Best case scenario he’s Demarcus Lawrence

^This.  

I am 100% behind the Polite pick.  Top of 3rd round is EXACTLY the place where one should be willing to take a risk for the chance at tremendous upside.

I'm no Mac fan, but what I do not understand around here is all the criticism for NOT taking risks and playing it safe in round 1, but then harshly criticized for taking such a risk in round 3. 

This board makes no sense sometimes.

Let's be honest. The criticism only depends on whether the complainers agree with the risk. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

When my brother was living with me, his girlfriend had two chihuahuas and she brought over some disgusting chihuahua rash and gave it to my brother. And even though I bought him his own towels to use, he would continue to use mine and I got this rash on my chest and had to go see a dermatologist, who recommended Herpecin and some pill. A year later, I go for a yearly physical and my doctor brings in this hot nursing intern to help him and what’s the first thing she see when she pops open my chart? Herpes meds. Disgusting 

So you got herpes from a dog? 

That's the nastiest thing I've heard in quite some time  ?

@ASPCA

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

There would be ESPN cover stories about what a genius steal the Pats had in the 2nd round Belichick the greatest coach ever will rehabilitate him via the Patriot Way he’s currently volunteering in a soup kitchen in Brockton 

If the Patriots drafted ArDarius Stewart, they would have talked about how great he’ll be in the slot in that offense. It didn’t make ArDarius Stewart a better player. And Belichick didn’t draft ArDarius Stewart. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

The f**king combine is so over rated. Oh so a player can't excel at track & field, big whoop. Didn't Vernon Gholston have a great combine from what I remember?

Watch his tape from last season. Scary.

Amen. The tape don't lie.

The only thing that can be judged from the combine is the kid's personality from interviews and how hard he worked leading up to the combine. Admittedly, we don't know how he interviewed (specifically with the Jets) and the reason he showed up in bad shape. All we've heard is the injury reason from Polite. Hopefully for the Jets it is true and he was a little immature in his interviews with other teams.

For every Mike Mamula and Vernon Gholston there is a Vontaze Burfict and Anquan Boldin just to name a few

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How did that end? It was the wife, right?

The answer is in the title, both partners denied it. House presented a plausible out of catching the herp from a toilet seat, the husband took the out the wife didnt therefore he was cheating.

Kinda like catching it from a second hand towel instead of schtupping the dog directly, or maybe the brother's girlfriend lol

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The media has done a hit job on this poor guy

While I agree, 90% of what has been coming out about this kid is totally bogus, especially the character concerns.  The media had nothing to do with how Jacahi handled the predraft process.  He cost himself a lot of money. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

The answer is in the title, both partners denied it. House presented a plausible out of catching the herp from a toilet seat, the husband took the out the wife didnt therefore he was cheating.

Kinda like catching it from a second hand towel instead of schtupping the dog directly, or maybe the brother's girlfriend lol

But why was House looking suspiciously at the ring when she took it off? It's because she took it off so easily, suggesting it was a common occurrence for her, that cheating harlot.

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Patriots drafted ArDarius Stewart, they would have talked about how great he’ll be in the slot in that offense. It didn’t make ArDarius Stewart a better player. And Belichick didn’t draft ArDarius Stewart. 

And more importantly Ardarius Stewart has nothing to do with Polite, isn't the same type player as Polite, had nowhere near the production or potential of Polite.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RobR said:

Jonah was and always will be considered a LT prospect, hence why he got drafted so high. 

the dude is going to start at RT this season and he might just stay there forever like Lane Johnson and McGlinch. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But why was House looking suspiciously at the ring when she took it off? It's because she took it off so easily, suggesting it was a common occurrence for her, that cheating harlot.

Let's not change the subject, did you bang the dog or brothers gf?

Herpes from dogs and towels is like the grownup deviant version of the dog ate my homework. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And more importantly Ardarius Stewart has nothing to do with Polite, isn't the same type player as Polite, had nowhere near the production or potential of Polite.

How dare you challenge the integrity of the false analogy?  False analogies are the primary means of presenting arguments on JN. The practice is sacred. You owe the board an apology.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Someone is selling a BS story to your bro

My aunt died of diabeetus she caught from the dog, you have to watch those little sh*ts, they are basically petri dishes of communicable diseases covered in fur. 

How dare you challenge the integrity of the false analogy?  False analogies are the primary means of presenting arguments on JN. The practice is sacred. You owe the board an apology.

Youre right, MY BAD.

:)