Bill Belichick’s obsession with my alma matter

I was wondering why Bill Belichick is so obsessed with Rutgers.  He loves to draft Rutgers players or sign them and ofcourse he lobbied Greg Schiano for years to join his coaching staff

I googled it it and it turns out his son played Lacrosse for Rutgers and was even on the football team.  Ofcourse it’s still a chicken or the egg thing because maybe he talked his son into going there because he’s obsessed with it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2017/1/16/14286058/bill-belichick-rutgers

DF496025-80AA-43A9-A344-CE815B4D47AA.jpeg

ACDBCE29-B4AE-48E9-BDE2-AFAE1A73AFC4.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I was wondering why Bill Belichick is so obsessed with Rutgers.  He loves to draft Rutgers players or sign them and ofcourse he lobbied Greg Schiano for years to join his coaching staff

I googled it it and it turns out his son played Lacrosse for Rutgers and was even on the football team.  Ofcourse it’s still a chicken or the egg thing because maybe he talked his son into going there because he’s obsessed with it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2017/1/16/14286058/bill-belichick-rutgers

He's always love Rutgers.

When did you go there?   I was there 91-95.   Cause I'm old.

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

DF496025-80AA-43A9-A344-CE815B4D47AA.jpeg

ACDBCE29-B4AE-48E9-BDE2-AFAE1A73AFC4.jpeg

Kinda like Rex and Clemson, except with a different result.

when the quarterback is cheating and they change the rules for you to make it easier every year and the entire thing is set up for you to win in advance, you can draft players from whatever school you choose and still win SB's 

• Upvote 2