Cimini: Lee a scheme fit on Jags due to Smith’s absence

Team archer

On 5/11/2019 at 5:12 AM, long suffering jets fan said:

The question is how many teams have a need for Lee's specific skill set.  Is it 5, 3, 1 and does he have any value in Williams defense.  Lee played some good football last year, but no one is going to trade for him if he's not a fit in their defense.  He's not for everyone.

I found a taker for Lee

C11BA609-54E5-4175-85AB-016A116BAF84.jpeg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

If Mac used a first round pick to draft a player who had to sit out a whole year he would have gotten crucified. 

He used a freaking 6th round pick on an injured CB and people are killing Mac. 

This place is insane. 

I’m pretty sure Macc would be laughing last right now, you can’t GM scared, you have to be able to shut out that noise, not worry about getting crucified after draft, and let your draft picks speak for themselves, if this is the reason the Jets passed on Smith, yet it was ok for half the board QB scouting buffoons to be pounding the table for Paxton Lynch who would have definitely had to sit out a season, and basically his career ??

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I’m pretty sure Macc would be laughing last right now, you can’t GM scared, you have to be able to shut out that noise, not worry about getting crucified after draft, and let your draft picks speak for themselves, if this is the reason the Jets passed on Smith, yet it was ok for half the board QB scouting buffoons to be pounding the table for Paxton Lynch who would have definitely had to sit out a season, and basically his career ??

I’m talking about being crucified here. 

By the hysterical whiners. 

Btw Paxton Lynch lol. 

On 5/10/2019 at 4:49 PM, IndianaJet said:

The idea when we drafted him was that he was going to be playing behind the likes of Mo Wilkerson, Leo Williams & Sheldon Richardson.  Problem is, Bowles, and the Jets FO are morons not realizing that Damon Harrison was the NT that made that line work, and the likes of Wilkerson, Williams, or Richardson did not all need to be retained while Snacks was a huge mistake letting go, and the 3 players that play the same 2 positions, and are not ideal to be on the field together never turned out to be the studs that the FO envisioned them to be, and even if they did only 2 could see the field at a time.  If they kept Snacks over Wilkerson I think Lee would have been in a much better position to succeed.

Fixed!

Also just shouldn’t have drafted Lee much easier ?

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Btw Paxton Lynch lol. 

If ANYONE inside the Jets organization with power cares, listens, reads, gets influenced, or whatever from this message board, or any message board, or any TV show, or Radio show, or ANYONE outside the power structure just move the team to London now.

I’m assuming you were being sarcastic though, sure hope you were.

And yes Paxton Lynch the biggest joke of that draft, couldn’t believe people thought that goof ball could play QB in the NFL even though he was basically a Matt Jones clone who was forced to switch to TE/WR, and decided Cocaine was more important then stealing millions while a team was willing to keep paying you because they invested in your long term development, and expected it to take a few years for him develop while he cashed those checks.

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

You’re arguing with a bunch of whiny cucks using perfect 20-20 hindsight to bury the pick. 

He didn’t pan out. In hindsight. 

With foresight, he was picked right about where he should have been picked. 

Some times it doesn’t work out. Especially in such a weak draft. 

This post is total BS. How many people didn't want Lee BEFORE he was drafted? I know I started a thread about it on another board. 

It's not hindsight for any of the posters that hated Lee as a prospect and thought he was overdrafted, which he obviously was. 

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

If ANYONE inside the Jets organization with power cares, listens, reads, gets influenced, or whatever from this message board, or any message board, or any TV show, or Radio show, or ANYONE outside the power structure just move the team to London now.

I’m assuming you were being sarcastic though, sure hope you were.

And yes Paxton Lynch the biggest joke of that draft, couldn’t believe people thought that goof ball could play QB in the NFL even though he was basically a Matt Jones clone who was forced to switch to TE/WR, and decided Cocaine was more important then stealing millions while a team was willing to keep paying you because they invested in your long term development, and expected it to take a few years for him develop while he cashed those checks.

You missed what I was saying. 

I wasn’t suggesting Mac listens to fan message boards nor should he. 

I meant he would have gotten crucified HERE. On THIS board. Not that it would have any effect on his decisions. 

Jusy more fodder for the whiners here. Nothing more. 

18 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Btw Paxton Lynch lol. 

Ironically almost of the whiners here are the ones complaining about the whining. One or two posters have an opinion and don't like the Polite pick. Hence twenty more posts about how unbearable the whiners are. Time to look in the mirror buddy.

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

You missed what I was saying. 

I wasn’t suggesting Mac listens to fan message boards nor should he. 

I meant he would have gotten crucified HERE. On THIS board. Not that it would have any effect on his decisions. 

Jusy more fodder for the whiners here. Nothing more. 

Understood, but you do understand this type of “fodder” you posted just means your joining the whiners club.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

This post is total BS. How many people didn't want Lee BEFORE he was drafted? I know I started a thread about it on another board. 

It's not hindsight for any of the posters that hated Lee as a prospect and thought he was overdrafted, which he obviously was. 

You have dudes here suggesting we should have taken someone that was drafted 20-27 spots later. With perfect hindsight.  

I get you hated the pick but you, just like all of us, are/were guessing. 

Lee was pretty much universally pegged in that 18-24 pick range. Clearly a 1st round prospect. Look at the guys drafted just after him, it was a crap class and a crap spot to be. 

I get you hate the pick but please don’t tell me (not you) that we should have drafted someone who went 40 or 47 at the 20 pick because those players have panned out and Lee hasn’t. 

Hell we should have drafted Brady in the 5th round if that’s the game we’re playing. 

11 minutes ago, RobR said:

Ironically almost of the whiners here are the ones complaining about the whining. One or two posters have an opinion and don't like the Polite pick. Hence twenty more posts about how unbearable the whiners are. Time to look in the mirror buddy.

I’m talking about dudes hating EVERYTHING Mac has done. And I’m not a Mac defender. 

A dude in another thread said he doesn’t care if the Jets win the SB he just wants Mac fired. 

So if he put together a freaking SB winning roster dudes here STILL want him fired. 

That’s pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Maybe it’s too subtle what  I’m suggesting. 

Carry on. 

I get it all the “whiners would have cried about the pick back then it’s not subtle, and neither is your whining.

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

You have dudes here suggesting we should have taken someone that was drafted 20-27 spots later. With perfect hindsight.  

Lee was pretty much universally pegged in that 18-24 pick range. Clearly a 1st round prospect. Look at the guys drafted just after him, it was a crap class and a crap spot to be. 

I get you hate the pick but please don’t tell me (not you) that we should have drafted someone who went 40 or 47 at the 20 pick because those players have panned out and Lee hasn’t. 

Hell we should have drafted Brady in the 5th round if that’s the game we’re playing. 

Actually I listed two players that were picked within seven picks of Lee earlier in the post.

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I’m talking about dudes hating EVERYTHING Mac has done. And I’m not a Mac defender. 

A dude in another thread said he doesn’t care if the Jets win the SB he just wants Mac fired. 

So if he put together a freaking SB winning roster dudes here STILL want him fired. 

That’s pathetic. 

And I'm talking about people complaining if god forbid anyone has a negative view of a Jets draft pick or free agent signing, like they always work out.....except for hindsight when another one fails.

The biggest whiners here are the people that complain about whining. When you see yourself starting to agree with Jetnut you really need to take a step back.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Wait I got it Lets trade Lee for Julio Jones 

Christ

And then you get dumber than sh*t posts like these, like ANYONE was suggesting that.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

And I'm talking about people complaining if god forbid anyone has a negative view of a Jets draft pick or free agent signing, like they always work out.....except for hindsight when another one fails.

The biggest whiners here are the people that complain about whining. When you see yourself starting to agree with Jetnut you really need to take a step back.

Complaining about picks is perfectly acceptable AND expected on a message board. I have my own complaints.  

Folks who haven’t watched a minute of college football using hindsight to say “we shoulda taken this guy who turned out really good” is what is total BS. 

27 minutes ago, RobR said:

This is what Peace Fog would see

72965B3F-93C7-4036-83F6-685C13FBDBCC.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Folks who haven’t watched a minute of college football using hindsight to say “we shoulda taken this guy who turned out really good” is what is total BS. 

People that haven't watched a minute of college football telling us why so and so deserved to be picked at said spot. It goes both ways.

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

People that haven't watched a minute of college football telling us why so and so deserved to be picked at said spot. It goes both ways.

Never once did I say he deserved to be picked at that slot. 

And I watch a pretty fair amount of college football but I don’t hold myself out to be an NFL GM. 

We’re all just guessing. 

15 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

And I watch a pretty fair amount of college football but I don’t hold myself out to be an NFL GM. 

We’re all just guessing. 

You should just kiss Lee turn him into Dick Butkus. 

23 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

We’re all just guessing. 

It was a generalization that covers all of our picks. 

If you follow enough posters throughout the years you would see that they're not all guessing. They watch tons of CFB, watch practices, watch game film, go through bios, and even a crazy few watch High School games. Problem is most of them don't post here(or anywhere for that matter) anymore because of the overly homeristic views from certain posters that are proven wrong almost every single time. 

Like I said, It goes both ways. 

1 hour ago, RobR said:

It was a generalization that covers all of our picks. 

If you follow enough posters throughout the years you would see that they're not all guessing. They watch tons of CFB, watch practices, watch game film, go through bios, and even a crazy few watch High School games. Problem is most of them don't post here(or anywhere for that matter) anymore because of the overly homeristic views from certain posters that are proven wrong almost every single time. 

Like I said, It goes both ways. 

I don't buy people whose behavior is influenced by Pac being experts at anything.

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

To be fair, I'm sure the majority of the board would've said Myles Jack was a far better player than Darron Lee on the night before that draft.  He was an absolute beast at UCLA.  As fans, we don't have access to the medicals, interviews, etc, so it is what it is.  But the fact is, there was a player still on the board, playing the same position as Lee, who many people, myself included would've rather had.  That's not hindsight.  Lee is exactly who we thought he'd be.  

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

We’re all just guessing. 

Here is your hindsight, posted over three years ago by yours truly.

Since the conversation on his selection during the Runway Crash turned into a cluster**** I'm wondering what the regulars here think honestly about his selection. Most have been very quiet and since I value everyone's opinion here, let loose.
I had him as one of my two players not to draft over a month before the draft, so I wanted to like him after the pick. I've watched every game since then and still hate this pick to the core....moreso than any other first rounder over the last twenty years. 
He's a safety/Lb hybrid that has no instincts. Plays mostly in a zone coverage scheme and is terrible at it because of his hesitance dropping back and reading the play. In the run game he gets enveloped by lineman and has no chance. Poor tackler who loves to swipe players ankles. He was drafted strictly for his measurables and that rarely works out.
I wish people would stop comparing him to Deon Buccanon because they are nothing alike. DB was a ballhawking safety with great instincts and the ability too give up his body for the tackle with nice size for a safety. 

What is Darron Lee?

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They may as well keep him as depth. Let him sign else where when the time comes if you can’t get a 4th or 5th for him.

The point is too maximize his value and turn him into a pick next year. Anyone hoping for a comp two years down the road needs to look at our available cap room next year. We could let Leo and Lee leave and we'll still be buyers.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:09 AM, JetFaninMI said:

No you are. You say yourself Lee's afraid of contact and in the next breath say the next team could move him to safety? Now that's absurd.

Get it straight. No one is angry at Lee. They are angry at the buffoon who wasted a 1st on him.

How quickly people forget, Lee was suspended for the last 4 games of the season. That is still fresh in team's mindset. Lee will not be traded. If the Jets do get rid of him he will be released. I don't think they will though. He is young and cheap but is not as valuable as he is made out to be by Jet Fans.

You would move Lee to Safety specifically because he's afraid of contact. He's too little to take on a pulling Guard, he gets tossed. Moving him to Safety allows him to hit players more his size. He wouldn't be facing a pulling Guard as a Free Safety or at least very rarely. What I said was absurd was the idea that Lee wouldn't be in the league. That is absurd. Lee has skills specifically toward a team that runs a 4-3 base defense or a team that wants to make him a Safety.

4 hours ago, RobR said:

And then you get dumber than sh*t posts like these, like ANYONE was suggesting that.

Dumber than sh*t ? I'm seeing dumber than sh*t trade scenario's, so a little sarcasm must be too much for you to deal with ? That or you can mind your ******* business since it was in no way directed at you.

1 hour ago, RobR said:

The point is too maximize his value and turn him into a pick next year. Anyone hoping for a comp two years down the road needs to look at our available cap room next year. We could let Leo and Lee leave and we'll still be buyers.

Maximize his value ? It seems at this point there is no market for a LB that plays wildly inconsistent (playing great in 2 games and disappearing in the rest) and is coming off a suspension. I'm not one of the Lee crybabies but it's pretty obvious the Jets are not getting much of anything for Lee and he will be a LB used in a few packages with the Jets if they keep him for this upcoming season. Not picking up his 5th year should make it obvious to Jets fans how this ends. Also since no predominant 4-3 teams are stepping up to take him shows they have no faith in the guy either.

3 hours ago, RobR said:

Oh no, I mean let him go sign else where just because you couldn’t trade him. I already know that a comp pick is out of the question. I’d legit just let him live out the life of his rookie contract. Can’t hurt.

8 hours ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

To be fair, I'm sure the majority of the board would've said Myles Jack was a far better player than Darron Lee on the night before that draft.  He was an absolute beast at UCLA.  As fans, we don't have access to the medicals, interviews, etc, so it is what it is.  But the fact is, there was a player still on the board, playing the same position as Lee, who many people, myself included would've rather had.  That's not hindsight.  Lee is exactly who we thought he'd be.  

Which is a fair assessment. But you can’t dismiss the very real concerns over his knee and the possibility of requiring micro-fracture surgery. 

Archived