Adam Gase press conference

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I bag on the media harder than anyone, but this quote reflects something that’s a real problem with media criticism: like, no one in the NY media ever came close to saying this, but it’s easy to retroactively attribute something like this to them because of a generalized hatred toward them. 

Oh yea they did! I'm sure we can find plenty of guys that thought he needed to be reupped. Absolutely! 

14 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Dude no offense but you need to be a little more self aware.

people are ripping on you because youre miserably grumpy and negative. Its non stop.

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

Except it isn't. 

People just think it, incorrectly.  

Also, I did not support Gase's hiring because I don't think his record is as nearly as good as Jets fans suddenly think it is (now that he's not with the Phins, because no one here liked him then, let's be honest), and because my brother, a Phins Fan who knows his football, told me exactly why he (and Phins nation) didn't like Gase and what to expect from Gase now.  His borderline insane looking public presentation is just cream on the top.

These are reasons.  Being "gumpy" isn't a reason.  For example, I'm perfectly in-line and supportive of the Greg Williams hiring, and most of the moves we've made this offseason in fact.  So I guess I'm not always "miserably grumpy" after all...

But i know its part of your “act” here so maybe in life your a great positive person. Who knows. 

I know, which is enough for me.  You're schtick seems to be a desire to have a "nemesis" as you've called it, and to play online psychologist. 

Sorry, not interested, in either count.  Thanks tho.

Manish is reporting that there's some friction between HighPitch and Warfish in the front office.  Seems like a conspiracy to me.  Not sure I believe it.  I'd just consider it some healthy disagreement and constructive differences.

If these guys always agreed with each other it would be boring.

:D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Yes, but then Macc will be safe too...

Or will Gase use his success to try and make a power play against Macc?

We’ll have to see how the season goes and what Mac can pickup after the cuts. Not overly pleased with Mac, but I’m not hating on him either. 

GM’s are not the most likable members of an NFL staff anyways.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, docdhc said:

Mac is still here isn't he?  You really think Gase is trying to make a big deal out of Bell missing voluntary workouts?  He and Mac have to abide by the CBA.  Intrigue and conspiracy in Jet land in May?  I don't believe you believe half the stuff you  put on here.

Tommy has always been a provocateur it's what he enjoys and he's good at it..^_^

On 5/11/2019 at 7:35 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

If the riff reports are true, and there is probably something to them, the scary thing is that Macc will convince the Johnsons that Gase has to go.

Gase pretty much confirmed there were disagreements. But he said the disagreements come with the territory. GMs and HCs are going to disagree. Both positions represent the peak of each career track. Both are going to have strong opinions. When they disagree, they’ll talk through it. That’s at least the impression I got from Gase. As a fanbase, we can’t even agree whether or not Leo is a good player. This stuff is apparently complicated. 

In terms of complexity: Football > Rocket Science

It's your belief that Cimini, LaCanfora, Mike Lombardi, etc all ran with this story based on something Tony Pauline said? Like, they all conspired to make it up out of whole cloth to the degree that Cimini would lie about verifying it with other personnel people around the league?  

There are writers who say it’s overblown

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Per the Brosef:

Does not adapt or adjust (sound familiar?).

No focus on D whatsoever.

Traded away the elite "alpha" personalities because he couldn't handle/deal with them.

Loves to pass behind the line of scrimmage. 

Dink & Dunker who abandons the run too early.  

Poor decisions on his coaching staff, no accountability, no changes to failed coaches/players.

QB's were as good or better before Gase than with Gase, especially Tannehill, who was a 4K yard a year QB before Gase.

Results speak for themselves, three years, three bottom of NFL Offensive rankings.

Mismanagement of the Offensive line, line was always bad under Gase.

He REALLY liked the Gase hire.  He really wanted to see Gase succeed.  By the time he left, he couldn't stand him, the crazy goggle-eyed, low-hat anti-social press conferences aren't so cool after a while.  Today, his disdain of the media is cool.  After a 4 game losing streak when asked valid questions and he does the same, for fans, not so cool.

Take it as you like, thats a Phins fan whose opinion on football I truly respect, not just cause he's my brother.

He doesn’t sound too objective. Everything is a negative.

Gase had a winning record with his starting Qb, by the way

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

He doesn’t sound too objective. Everything is a negative.

Gase had a winning record with his starting Qb, by the way

One thing I know to be true is Gase went 6-2 against the Todd Bowles Jets. He's an upgrade over Toddy & Belichick wasn't available.

Steelers are a good organization & Pats take the Steelers & Tomlin to the woodshed for their beating every time they've met in the playoffs. 

There are not a lot of hall of fame coaches to choose from sitting at home. I prefer Gase + Darnold than McCarthy+ Darnold, so Chris Johnson got the best available for our team. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2019 at 10:56 AM, Warfish said:

Per the Brosef:

Does not adapt or adjust (sound familiar?).

No focus on D whatsoever.

Traded away the elite "alpha" personalities because he couldn't handle/deal with them.

Loves to pass behind the line of scrimmage. 

Dink & Dunker who abandons the run too early.  

Poor decisions on his coaching staff, no accountability, no changes to failed coaches/players.

QB's were as good or better before Gase than with Gase, especially Tannehill, who was a 4K yard a year QB before Gase.

Results speak for themselves, three years, three bottom of NFL Offensive rankings.

Mismanagement of the Offensive line, line was always bad under Gase.

He REALLY liked the Gase hire.  He really wanted to see Gase succeed.  By the time he left, he couldn't stand him, the crazy goggle-eyed, low-hat anti-social press conferences aren't so cool after a while.  Today, his disdain of the media is cool.  After a 4 game losing streak when asked valid questions and he does the same, for fans, not so cool.

Take it as you like, thats a Phins fan whose opinion on football I truly respect, not just cause he's my brother.

Thanks....

The in game stuff like going away from things that were working and not adjusting enough are things Ive heard a lot.  I also know Miami fans hated their DC and their defense overall was ineffective.

What I disagree with is that he shipped out guys he couldn't handle.  What has Ajayi ever accomplished?  Gase wanted players who gave  max effort and those who didnt im sure he clashed with.  Its also possible he was too hard on veterans who didnt need the discipline  which is something Mangini was guilty of as a first time HC.

As for neglecting the defense, it seems like he got Williams so that he can focus on the offense, so maybe he realized he needed a true HC of the defense.

Who knows, I just hope he improved the areas he needed to and is still a good offensive mind.