Adam Gase press conference

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why would you have to tell someone you will show up to something mandatory??

Im no scholar but doesnt everyone have to be there hence its “mandatory”?

Probably the same kind of reasons that people asked over and over again why he wasn't in for voluntary workouts.  You had no problem complaining about Bell choosing to workout at home and missing voluntary workouts.  Or does mandatory paint a clearer description than voluntary?

Or because he was asked 1000 times if he expects Bell will show.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That is just Gase trying to explain the obvious to obvious morons

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'll own it too.  I don't.  At all.  

And I don't think he's going to succeed here.

Hope I'm wrong, and we win.  But I doubt I'll ever warm to Gase as a person tbqh.

not like you warmed up to Blowes, eh?

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

From a head coaching perspective, what has Gase done for you to be so supportive?  Do you approve of him simply because he's the head coach of the Jets?  

The guy has had an interesting last few months to say the least.  He got fired from his role as HC.  He had an insane introductory press conference.  

I think it's fair for the jury to be out on him.  He hasn't done anything to prove to me that he's going to be successful.  

Well, he is not Dale Carnegie, i will give him that.  And I never like that Dale Carnegie, anyway.  I am just happy as a pig in sh*t that i do not have to hear Blowes beep-beep through another cheap ripoff BB presser.  He sounded like Billy Bob in Sling Blade.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

If you watch the press conference Gase comes across much more reasoned and thoughtful than the tweets suggest, And yes, he is giddy about Darnold, but not just talent his work ethic.

he is finally recovering from his Tannehill hangover

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Cliff notes so far:

he hates the media

he hates answering questions

he hates free agency

he hates agents

he hates the draft process

he hates dealing with the front office

He LOVES Darnold

I watched this press conference and only agree with your last point on loving Darnold. Otherwise he calmly answered questions and seemed fine with dealing with all the aspects of being a head coach. Obviously the football part is the stuff he likes the most but he handled the questions and actually gave out more info than some coaches do without getting mad. I think despite the narrative some like to portray here, there is no dysfunction with the front office, and it seems like they’re going about their business the way a team should in the off season. In short there is no big deal to be made of Gase’s press conference. 

• Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Yeah. F u Manish and Cimini. 

Actually Mehta said it was all BS.  Cimini, never said it was true, but did what the NY press does, and twisted the truth a good bit.

To my knowledge, this whole thing was started by BS Bald Tony of all people.  The others just ran with it as a rumor LOL

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I watched this press conference and only agree with your last point on loving Darnold. Otherwise he calmly answered questions and seemed fine with dealing with all the aspects of being a head coach. Obviously the football part is the stuff he likes the most but he handled the questions and actually gave out more info than some coaches do without getting mad. I think despite the narrative some like to portray here, there is no dysfunction with the front office, and it seems like they’re going about their business the way a team should in the off season. In short there is no big deal to be made of Gase’s press conference. 

Agree with everything but I got the feeling that there IS issues between him and Mac he just doesn't like them being reported or maybe feels they are overblown.

1 hour ago, MindOverMatter said:

That's fine you're not inviting him to a family BBQ, he's going to be coaching a NFL team you root for.

Well put.

I root the laundry.  He's in the laundry.  Hence I will root for Gase to succeed.

But I can also separate rooting from prediction/analysis.  I HOPE he wins.  I don't believe, today, that he WILL win.

1 hour ago, MindOverMatter said:

I didn't mind the Gase signing, but the more people hate him, the easier he is to root for.

Excellent, then my doubt makes him more likeable, it's a win/win. :yahoo:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That would be a story if he didn't show up.  A bit too soon to hold out, I think.

29 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Agree with everything but I got the feeling that there IS issues between him and Mac he just doesn't like them being reported or maybe feels they are overblown.

People like you are why they write nonsense without a stitch of fact to back it up..

Makes no sense that the guy who wanted no part of the GM job, who repeatedly has said it's not his job would be pissed at the GM before the draft was held.  Was nonsense from the get go, obvious to most.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

who was the last coach you were excited about (at the time of their hire)?

Rex probably.  Also like enough the Herm hire at the time.  Parcells too.  While some of these may not have been my own #1 choice, I was happy enough with their selections.

Wasn't a fan of the Bowles hire.  The Mangini hire.  Or the Groh debacle hire.  Or now Gase, of course.

Also thought at the time and since that Pete Carroll was a good hire who deserved more than his one year here.

There, thats about covers it from 1994 till now.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, jack48 said:

not like you warmed up to Blowes, eh?

Never "warmed up" to Bowles, he never gave me cause to do so.  He was an obvious bad pick.

See above if you want me "who did I support resume", if thats needed (or relevant).

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'll own it too.  I don't.  At all.  

And I don't think he's going to succeed here.

Hope I'm wrong, and we win.  But I doubt I'll ever warm to Gase as a person tbqh.

does anyone love Belichick as a person?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

People like you are why they write nonsense without a stitch of fact to back it up..

Makes no sense that the guy who wanted no part of the GM job, who repeatedly has said it's not his job would be pissed at the GM before the draft was held.  Was nonsense from the get go, obvious to most.

Replies with personal attacks are so unneeded. "People like you"....seriously?

My opinion is he did not outright deny the rift, just said he hated the reports and they continue to work hard together. It seemed short of a denial to me., Your opinion is different, fine. But negative personal comments should be left at the door.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Replies with personal attacks are so unneeded. "People like you"....seriously?

My opinion is he did not outright deny the rift, just said he hated the reports and they continue to work hard together. It seemed short of a denial to me., Your opinion is different, fine. But negative personal comments should be left at the door.

Yes.  People like you who believe anything.  That's a personal attack?  No it's not, get real.

He didn't outright deny the rift?  LOL, you mean it pissed him off what, that he was caught?  And that's why he doesn't read?  Ok.  

One more time, no one was attacked. 

Everyone thinks Aaron Rogers is a bit of a douche.  Yet everyone would want him as their QB.

I'm fine if Gase doesn't come across as the warmest and most emotional guy, or even if he seems like a bit of a prick.  Have you ever heard a Bill Belichick press conference?

Gase is our guy and his head is 100% on football.  I'm not going out for a beer with the guy, I just want him to coach this team to wins in the Fall.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

That is just Gase trying to explain the obvious to obvious morons

He was asked if the relationship between the center and QB was important. You could just see his disdain for such a stupid question. He knows they are just fishing for sound bites and he obviously hates it.
I don’t like or dislike the way he answers those types of questions but I can understand his frustration with it.

The guy just wants to coach and that’s Apparent to me. That I like.

I also struggle to see the issue with someone saying they approve of how he’s responding to the press. I’m not sure what the issue is really.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

He was asked if the relationship between the center and QB was important. You could just see his disdain for such a stupid question. He knows they are just fishing for sound bites and he obviously hates it.
I don’t like or dislike the way he answers those types of questions but I can understand his frustration with it.

The guy just wants to coach and that’s Apparent to me. That I like.

I also struggle to see the issue with someone saying they approve of how he’s responding to the press. I’m not sure what the issue is really.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I love the way he threw in the "No disrespect" at the end

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

@T0mShane

i was wrong. The team should’ve put Gase on a podium before now. He did a good job reacting and burying it.

They should have put out a statement by Gase two weeks ago. If you listen to Gase’s answers to Cimini’s very good questions, Gase basically confirmed that he and Macc had issues and he wasn’t happy with some things that transpired in free agency. There was no attempt at a denial there, so I don’t know that putting a camera on Gase would have been productive two weeks ago. 

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They should have put out a statement by Gase two weeks ago. If you listen to Gase’s answers to Cimini’s very good questions, Gase basically confirmed that he and Macc had issues and he wasn’t happy with some things that transpired in free agency. There was no attempt at a denial there, so I don’t know that putting a camera on Gase would have been productive two weeks ago. 

Actually he said nothing like that.  He said from day one they've been in constant communication, either in his office or Maccs office.  That they've been in agreement.  That he doesn't know where it came from, pisses him off.

• Upvote 1

I'm okay with him being hired, and I like the CS that's been assembled, but here's my issue with Gase. It has nothing to do with his coaching (or maybe it does).

With his body language at his press conferences, he comes off as aloof and disinterested. When watching he seems to have an arrogance about him. Yet if I just listen, and not look at the screen, he sounds calm and reasonable. 

I'm wondering if this is how he acts when talking to his players. You know, the hat down low, slouching and avoiding eye contact? I don't see that working for him on a practice field or meeting. I can't imagine a player being comfortable with it. Has this ever been talked about in his previous stops in Denver and Miami, or am I making an "issue" out of nothing?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually he said nothing like that.  He said from day one they've been in constant communication, either in his office or Maccs office.  That they've been in agreement.  That he doesn't know where it came from, pisses him off.

Cimini: ...your relationship with Mike...

Gase: Unless I say it, it’s really irrelevant to me. I don’t know who decides to put that stuff out there. It kinda pisses me off a little bit. We have discussions about everything and that’s our job. We have to work through so much stuff and that’s what we’ve gotta do and that’s all we’ve done. [sh*t about his office, my office, constant communication]. We’re trying to put this thing together as well as we can in the shortest period of time.

Cimini: ...Disagreements?

Gase: Sure. If everyone agreed on everything it’d be boring. You have to have some excitement every once in awhile. 

• Upvote 1