Adam Gase press conference

17 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I love that backhanded dig. 

Btw I don’t give a half baked crap how he responds to the media. He does not give a f*ck and that makes me happy. Coach, design innovative offensive mismatches, develop Sam, that’s all I want from him. 

I find his conversation refreshing, as apposed to Mr. Monotone

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Cimini asked Gase if there had been disagreements and Gase said yes, but maybe Gase is in on the conspiracy 

I hear you. I just think it’s being blown out of proportion. It’d be odd if a GM and coach didn’t lock horns every now and then. 

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Cimini asked Gase if there had been disagreements and Gase said yes, but maybe Gase is in on the conspiracy 

First part of his response was unless he says it, it's completely irrelevant to him.  Oops.  He also said the dont always agree, like with everyone else, it would be boring if you agreed all the time.  About as normal an answer there is.  If he said they always see eye to eye I would call BS.

Most people know what this means.  You see it differently, are still trying to convince people what he said means trouble, dark clouds circling and conspiracy theories.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He also said like everyone does, it would be boring if you agreed all the time.

Most people know what this means.  You see it differently, are still trying to convince people wants he said means trouble, dark clouds circling and conspiracy theories 

I didn’t create this conspiracy, my homey. This was reported by multiple people who get paid for this stuff. There’s a boilerplate response to this particular imbroglio, and it’s the one Bowles used for four years: “Mike and I have a great relationship. We’re both working toward the same goal, and that’s to get to a Super Bowl. Do we agree on everything? Not always. But at the end of the day, we trust each other to do what’s best for the organization.” Gase’s response was “Whoever reported this pissed me off. The media is crap. Agents are liars. Free agency sucks.” That’s not how you respond if the initial report is dead false. 

On 5/10/2019 at 1:00 PM, Warfish said:

Homers gonna homer and be butthurt not everyone slobs the new guys knob with them before Gase has actually done anything?

Equally shocking.

Dude no offense but you need to be a little more self aware.

people are ripping on you because youre miserably grumpy and negative. Its non stop. But i know its part of your “act” here so maybe in life your a great positive person. Who knows. 

20 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dude no offense but you need to be a little more self aware.

people are ripping on you because youre miserably grumpy and negative. Its non stop.

Except it isn't. 

People just think it, incorrectly.  

Also, I did not support Gase's hiring because I don't think his record is as nearly as good as Jets fans suddenly think it is (now that he's not with the Phins, because no one here liked him then, let's be honest), and because my brother, a Phins Fan who knows his football, told me exactly why he (and Phins nation) didn't like Gase and what to expect from Gase now.  His borderline insane looking public presentation is just cream on the top.

These are reasons.  Being "gumpy" isn't a reason.  For example, I'm perfectly in-line and supportive of the Greg Williams hiring, and most of the moves we've made this offseason in fact.  So I guess I'm not always "miserably grumpy" after all...

But i know its part of your “act” here so maybe in life your a great positive person. Who knows. 

I know, which is enough for me.  You're schtick seems to be a desire to have a "nemesis" as you've called it, and to play online psychologist. 

Sorry, not interested, in either count.  Thanks tho.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Do you think someone pulled the name of the Eagles guy out of a hat? 

Mac is still here isn't he?  You really think Gase is trying to make a big deal out of Bell missing voluntary workouts?  He and Mac have to abide by the CBA.  Intrigue and conspiracy in Jet land in May?  I don't believe you believe half the stuff you  put on here.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I didn’t create this conspiracy, my homey. This was reported by multiple people who get paid for this stuff. There’s a boilerplate response to this particular imbroglio, and it’s the one Bowles used for four years: “Mike and I have a great relationship. We’re both working toward the same goal, and that’s to get to a Super Bowl. Do we agree on everything? Not always. But at the end of the day, we trust each other to do what’s best for the organization.” Gase’s response was “Whoever reported this pissed me off. The media is crap. Agents are liars. Free agency sucks.” That’s not how you respond if the initial report is dead false. 

BTW Gase's response closely resembled the first quote you gave, not the second.  You threw in the crap and the liars stuff.  

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Multiple?  Tony Pauline? 

The problem with all of this is he did say this, he didn't just give thup pissed answer.  You're trying to make something out nothing.  Nothing he said comes close to hinting there's a problem.  Nothing.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I like Gase because he isnt Todd Bowles and his D coordinator isn't Kacy Rodgers.

Did you know we might actually see REAL COACHING on the sidelines this year? Seriously, we might actually see Adam Gase TALKING to Sam Darnold & Gregg Williams TALKING to a defensive group, maybe screaming. 

I heard they might even use those computer thingies, Surface Pros or whatever they are to review earlier plays & try to adapt to what the opposing teams are doing, or not doing. It's highly technical stuff that the last coaching staff never caught on to. Pretty cool sh*t.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Did you know we might actually see REAL COACHING on the sidelines this year? Seriously, we might actually see Adam Gase TALKING to Sam Darnold & Gregg Williams TALKING to a defensive group, maybe screaming. 

I heard they might even use those computer thingies, Surface Pros or whatever they are to review earlier plays & try to adapt to what the opposing teams are doing, or not doing. It's highly technical stuff that the last coaching staff never caught on to. Pretty cool sh*t.

For real? Wooww ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Multiple?  Tony Pauline? 

The problem with all of this is he did say this, he didn't just give thup pissed answer.  You're trying to make something out nothing.  Nothing he said comes close to hinting there's a problem.  Nothing.  

Yep

Pauline ,of all people, started it. LOL    It was quickly picked up by Chris Nimnuts.    The rest of the scribes started referring to it as a rumored riff.  LOL

People on the lunatic fringe starting running with it as fact.

All has a familiar ring to it.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Multiple?  Tony Pauline? 

It's your belief that Cimini, LaCanfora, Mike Lombardi, etc all ran with this story based on something Tony Pauline said? Like, they all conspired to make it up out of whole cloth to the degree that Cimini would lie about verifying it with other personnel people around the league?  

Any head coach with a shred of credibility was going to try to push Maccagnan out. Maccagnan is terrible and he's weak to the point where he's got one foo on a banana peel. Of course you take the opportunity to weaken him further. If the Jets go 7-9 this year, who do you think is going to shoulder the blame for that? It ain't Gase. It ain't Darnold. Maccagnan is the one they're going to hang this albatross around. I'd like to hear from the homers on this question.

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It's your belief that Cimini, LaCanfora, Mike Lombardi, etc all ran with this story based on something Tony Pauline said? Like, they all conspired to make it up out of whole cloth to the degree that Cimini would lie about verifying it with other personnel people around the league?  

Deep background from the draft analist. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

If the riff reports are true, and there is probably something to them, the scary thing is that Macc will convince the Johnsons that Gase has to go.

All Gase has to do is win. You can never fire a winning coach.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A few of them refrenced the Pauline piece.  Lots reported it was bs.  No one pays attention to those writers, doesn't fit the agenda.

Again, the same Pauline who has accused Macc of costing him a SNY gig.  Who had no factual backing to his story.  And one more time, Gase was on the job a couple of months and had a problem?  The same braindead imaginary problem that Gase has with Williams.  People see what they want to see, what they hope to see.  That Gase didn't stroke us with BS that they agree with everything, every time doesn't mean there's a rift.  Not close to saying that, no matter how many different ways you read between the imaginary lines.

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

Except it isn't. 

People just think it, incorrectly.  

Also, I did not support Gase's hiring because I don't think his record is as nearly as good as Jets fans suddenly think it is (now that he's not with the Phins, because no one here liked him then, let's be honest), and because my brother, a Phins Fan who knows his football, told me exactly why he (and Phins nation) didn't like Gase and what to expect from Gase now.  His borderline insane looking public presentation is just cream on the top.

These are reasons.  Being "gumpy" isn't a reason.  For example, I'm perfectly in-line and supportive of the Greg Williams hiring, and most of the moves we've made this offseason in fact.  So I guess I'm not always "miserably grumpy" after all...

I know, which is enough for me.  You're schtick seems to be a desire to have a "nemesis" as you've called it, and to play online psychologist. 

Sorry, not interested, in either count.  Thanks tho.

Can you elaborate on your brother's opinion of Gase?  The one smart Fins fan I know thought he was an excellent coach who was forced to play every single game with a bottom 15 QB. So curious what the other thoughts are.

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A few of them refrenced the Pauline piece.  Lots reported it was bs.  No one pays attention to those writers, doesn't fit the agenda.

Again, the same Pauline who has accused Macc of costing him a SNY gig.  Who had no factual backing to his story.  And one more time, Gase was on the job a couple of months and had a problem?  The same braindead imaginary problem that Gase has with Williams.  People see what they want to see, what they hope to see.  That Gase didn't stroke us with BS that they agree with everything, every time doesn't mean there's a rift.  Not close to saying that, no matter how many different ways you read between the imaginary lines.

You're correct that no one pays attention to the three 26 year old beat writer kids whose job it is to disseminate Eric Allen texts, verbatim, in between rounds of Fortnite. I don't think that people like Cimini, Lombardi, Breer, etc need Tony Pauline to feed them stories, nor do I think they'd rely on his reporting alone to run with any particular piece of information. The fact is that Gase did not deny the story and deflected three different times. So, yes, you can see what you want to see, I suppose, but there's nothing you can point to in that interview to say that Gase issued a denial. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

You're correct that no one pays attention to the three 26 year old beat writer kids whose job it is to disseminate Eric Allen texts, verbatim, in between rounds of Fortnite. I don't think that people like Cimini, Lombardi, Breer, etc need Tony Pauline to feed them stories, nor do I think they'd rely on his reporting alone to run with any particular piece of information. The fact is that Gase did not deny the story and deflected three different times. So, yes, you can see what you want to see, I suppose, but there's nothing you can point to in that interview to say that Gase issued a denial. 

The real fact is that you're alone thinking that Gases presser even hinted that there's a problem.  No one agrees with you, has said what you're saying but you keep citing them.  Not one of the people you're pointing to has reported thru their own observations that there is a rift between them.  Macc has denied it, Gase has denied it, why believe them.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

The real fact is that you're alone thinking that Gases presser even hinted that there's a problem.  No one agrees with you, has said what you're saying but you keep citing them.  Not one of the people you're pointing to has reported thru their own observations that there is a rift between them.  Macc has denied it, Gase has denied it, why believe them.  

Where has Gase denied it? 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Where has Gase denied it? 

You mean when he said if it wasn't from him he ignores it?  That the story pisses him off?  When he said yes, they won't always agree on everything, like no two people who aren't bullshltting would admit.  You took this as it's proof they're not getting along,  read between imaginary lines, we get it.  

Problem is it doesn't say that to anyone.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean when he said if it wasn't from him he ignores it?  That the story pisses him off?  When he said yes, they won't always agree on everything, like no two people who aren't bullshltting would admit.  You took this as it's proof they're not getting along,  read between imaginary lines, we get it.  

Problem is it doesn't say that to anyone.

None of that is a denial. That’s working through a non-denial. Gase is smart and knows what he’s saying, and not saying. 

Any head coach with a shred of credibility was going to try to push Maccagnan out. Maccagnan is terrible and he's weak to the point where he's got one foo on a banana peel. Of course you take the opportunity to weaken him further. If the Jets go 7-9 this year, who do you think is going to shoulder the blame for that? It ain't Gase. It ain't Darnold. Maccagnan is the one they're going to hang this albatross around. I'd like to hear from the homers on this question.

Why is that every time a coach is hired in New York, the first thing spouted by everyone is can he stand the pressure of big city media? 

Why? Because just by virtue of shear size & population there are just many more of them blovating BS to try & stand out like corn in a giant pile of sh*t. 

I hear....rumor has it....other executives have said....an unnamed insider....an unnamed source.....NEVER CAN I REMEMBER a more closed up operation than what Macc has created here at Florham Park. Nothing gets out. 

Look at all the sh*t that was going on with the players & fans and media alike had no clue. Most NY media wanted Mo Wilkerson extended while half our fan base were like, uh, I don't know, the dude gets his sacks in bunches against Buffalo, we do play other teams. 

The only reason Manish Mehta started towing the NY Jets line is he was sucking up, knowing damn well negative BS would make his job that much harder. These same writers sucked Bowles balls while fans knew after the Buffalo debacle he wasn't the man for the job. Macc does a great job protecting information. What GM & coach agree on everything? How about none, thus the Parcells quote "if they want me to cook the dinner, I might as well pick out the groceries". 

Chris Johnson saw that this organization hadn't had an experienced head coach since Parcells, plus, like us fans he saw that we needed an offensive guy to bring along Sam Darnold. This is all information overload in a league that has OFF SEASON NFL shows daily & NFL network & ESPN, an NFL radio show on Sirius & a gazillion guys trying to get the next click.

They did. Cimini basically said it was one wild rumor that caught fire. One puts it out and the rest just go with it. 

And I can tell you for a fact that even guys like Rapport don’t know the truth on some things that happen and yet still report as if it is. So it’s hard to find the truth between all the b.s. out there. 

Gase made it sound like he was pissed that it got out that there was disagreements and that people ran with it. And basically said it in a “no sht there was disagreements but that’s none of your business” kinda way. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Cimini basically said it was one wild rumor that caught fire. One puts it out and the rest just go with it. 

This is not what Cimini said on his podcast and again when he was interviewed on ESPN Radio. The only piece he disputed was that a firing was imminent.

46 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Can you elaborate on your brother's opinion of Gase?  The one smart Fins fan I know thought he was an excellent coach who was forced to play every single game with a bottom 15 QB. So curious what the other thoughts are.

Per the Brosef:

Does not adapt or adjust (sound familiar?).

No focus on D whatsoever.

Traded away the elite "alpha" personalities because he couldn't handle/deal with them.

Loves to pass behind the line of scrimmage. 

Dink & Dunker who abandons the run too early.  

Poor decisions on his coaching staff, no accountability, no changes to failed coaches/players.

QB's were as good or better before Gase than with Gase, especially Tannehill, who was a 4K yard a year QB before Gase.

Results speak for themselves, three years, three bottom of NFL Offensive rankings.

Mismanagement of the Offensive line, line was always bad under Gase.

He REALLY liked the Gase hire.  He really wanted to see Gase succeed.  By the time he left, he couldn't stand him, the crazy goggle-eyed, low-hat anti-social press conferences aren't so cool after a while.  Today, his disdain of the media is cool.  After a 4 game losing streak when asked valid questions and he does the same, for fans, not so cool.

Take it as you like, thats a Phins fan whose opinion on football I truly respect, not just cause he's my brother.

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Most NY media wanted Mo Wilkerson extended while half our fan base were like, uh, I don't know,

I bag on the media harder than anyone, but this quote reflects something that’s a real problem with media criticism: like, no one in the NY media ever came close to saying this, but it’s easy to retroactively attribute something like this to them because of a generalized hatred toward them. 

• Upvote 1