Jets Waive Three - Including Rashard Robinson

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And that is a problem that’s people who hate Maccagnan have. They are not balanced or fair in measuring both sides. I believe I am which is why this offseason I was indifferent about letting him go or keeping him. He has been a mediocre GM

Indifferent about keeping a GM, who in your words is “mediocre”? When you go to the store do you settle on hamburger when you need a steak? When you go to the dealership do you buy a hoopty when you wanted a Lexus? Time to buy a house? Nah. I’ll just live in this climate controlled storage unit! 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Indifferent about keeping a GM, who in your words is “mediocre”? When you go to the store do you settle on hamburger when you need a steak? When you go to the dealership do you buy a hoopty when you wanted a Lexus? Time to buy a house? Nah. I’ll just live in this climate controlled storage unit! 

Deal with the devil you know rather than the devil you don’t know

• Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He's probably a vegan, and goes to the supermarket and hangs around the deli section all day and tells people what their problem is for eating meat, and that they should be ashamed, and they are what's wrong in the world.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

He's probably a vegan, and goes to the supermarket and hangs around the deli section all day and tells people what their problem is for eating meat, and that they should be ashamed, and they are what's wrong in the world.

ROFLMAO. Couldn’t be further 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

We were 3 over the 90 man roster limit with the signing of the UDFAs.  I thought we wouldn't have to make any roster moves until the draft picks were signed, but 3 players needed to go eventually.  So it makes sense 

Coley and Tapper were never going to make the roster, so no surprises there 

I'm surprised by Robinson. I thought , if anything, he'd be a final camp cut.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Robinson was inline for a salary increase in 2019 based on snap counts.  Probably was not worth $720K he would have been paid, but with the NFL's performance clause, he ws due for increase to $2.05MM.  Per NFL rule, players (drafted 3 - 7) who play at least 35% of snaps during first 3 years receive salary increase in year 4.  That increase probably sealed his fate, although it is curious that he was cut now and not in/after camp.

That is crazy.  He hardly played with the Jets.  Hard to believe that he made the snap count, it was based almost entirely on his time with the Niners.  That escalator is part of the reason we got Henry Anderson.  The Colts would probably have given him a shot in their 4-3 at the cheaper price, but at $2M, better to just move on.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

And who was the steak, Lexus, and house the Jets passed up to keep Mac?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And yet his legacy is all dependent on one pick

And the funny thing is Mac is so utterly stupid he does not realize this and ignores the oline and weapons for his one saving grace.  This guy gets some of the best luck and still finds a way to put it in big jeopardy.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Don't knock it till you try it bro. Some of those storage units are pretty cushy.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I'd never thought I'd have to say this about a team that uses so many draft assets and so much FA $ on CBs, but we are danger thin at that position, And we drafted a CB who may not be ready to play for most of the season.

We seemingly spend a 1st rounder every other year at DT, drafted 2 last year and 3 in the last 2 including a 1st rounder and we could easily be thin at DT next draft. Mac sucks 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Used 4th, 5th and 6th rounders on CBs like it is going out of style.  Then has to go out and sign expensive CBs....then most people still think CB is a weakness.

All the while ignoring the oline.  Uses mega high picks on ILB, S and DT's

This guy is utterly terrible.

Without hyberbole Mac literally builds a team almost exactly opposite the way I would approach it,. It baffles me his approach

Okay, to be fair, "swindled," "out-smarted," and "fleeced" are a TAD bit of over exaggerations.

He took a chance on a guy for a 5th round pick.  Didn't work out.  It was a all-or-nothing deal, and it was nothing.

Had this involved a starter, or a 1st round pick, THEN I would be a little more outraged.  But this was a 5th round pick for a guy who might have been worth taking a chance on.  No biggie.

Just how many mid-round picks does Macc have to burn on nobodies before it starts to matter? Cuz we’re up to a baker’s dozen now over a 4 year period.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Are we all forgetting that he was suspended last year for 4 games for violation of the Substance Abuse Policy? You think maybe they found out he's still on the pot?

Yeah, this was SUCH a fleecing lol. For a 5th round pick.   

Geezuz.  

Granted, pot should not be an offense worth suspending players over in the NFL. But these are the kinds of red flags teams are supposed to do their research on beforehand before sending over draft assets for other teams’ players.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Granted, pot should not be an offense worth suspending players over in the NFL. But these are the kinds of red flags teams are supposed to do their research on beforehand before sending over draft assets for other teams’ players.

Lol 

Lol 

So let me get this straight. You defend Macc here because you think the player just got busted a 2nd time for weed, which he knows will get him suspended for a year. And you’re cool with Macc having sent a 5th for such a player.

Just making sure I have this one correct.
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And that is a problem that’s people who hate Maccagnan have. They are not balanced or fair in measuring both sides. I believe I am which is why this offseason I was indifferent about letting him go or keeping him. He has been a mediocre GM

you hear the SOJF’s complaining about how hes 16 games under .500, but they never give him credit for the fact that hes not 17 games under .500, think about it

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Who doesn't like him? Him and T0m's will they won't they arc is must see JN

It's like the Cleganebowl of JN. We know it's going to be sweaty and disgusting, neither of them are gonna be walking afterwards, but none of us will dare to look away.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

you hear the SOJF’s complaining about how hes 16 games under .500, but they never give him credit for the fact that hes not 17 games under .500, think about it

Mike Maccagnan is not Dave Gettleman, and the SOJF's just aren't appreciating that enough.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just how many mid-round picks does Macc have to burn on nobodies before it starts to matter? Cuz we’re up to a baker’s dozen now over a 4 year period.

To be clear"

Trades 5th rounder: Gets Brandon Marshall and a 7th rounder

Trades 6th rounder: Gets Ryan Fitzpatrick

Trades 7th rounder: Gets Henry Anderson

Trades 5th rounder: Gets Ryan Clady and 7th rounder

Trades 7th rounder: Gets Zac Stacy

Last trade: Not so good.  Second last: fine trade for what we needed, but the mistake was the Ferguson situation getting out of hand.

First three: pretty good return for the first three

He also got a third rounder for Teddy Bridgewater.

You can bitch about Mac and his drafting.  It has been average at best; his trading skills are not one of those things to bitch about.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, naturalscience said:

Since 2014 a 5th round draft pick has a 6.5% chance of being a starter.

You guys need better arguments.  It would go a long way if your bitching was about things that were worth it.

Fleeced. Sheesh.

Had debated whether or not to point out the fact that 5th rounders make up 8% of NFL rosters but it was more entertaining to watch them whine like they knew what they were talking about.

• Upvote 1

IMG_4348.jpg

The New York Jets have announced that they have waived WR Stacy Coley, CB Rashard Robinson and DL Charles Tapper. 

The biggest name in that group is Rashard Robinson. Mike Maccagnan traded a 5th round draft pick to the 49ers for Robinson in 2017. Th 49ers selected him in the 4th round of the 2016 draft. With size and speed, 6′ 2” – 4.49 \ 40 time, the original hope was that Todd Bowles and Kacy Rodgers could turn Robinson around. Gregg Williams and company must be less than impressed if they don’t even want Robinson to be part of the training camp roster.

As for the other players

Coley signed a reserve/future contract with the Jets in January after appearing in seven total games the past two seasons with the Vikings and Giants. Originally a seventh-round draft pick in 2017, the 6’0″, 195-pounder totaled 166 receptions for 2,218 yards and 20 touchdowns at Miami (FL).

A fourth-round pick of the Cowboys in 2016, the 6’3”, 270-pound Tapper appeared in two games with Dallas in 2016-17. In four seasons at Oklahoma, Tapper racked up 15.5 sacks and 26.5 stops for loss. He inked a reserve/futures deal with the Jets in January.

The post Jets Waive Rashard Robinson; Two Others appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
fUIPujQj6_8

Click here to read the full story...