Jets Waive Three - Including Rashard Robinson

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

I can't believe there are people still defending Macc. 

Its not about defending Macc; its about actually looking at things objectively.  Mac could get us Tom Brady in his prime for a 5th rounder and some of you guys would be bitching.

The world does NOT catch on fire when you credit someone when they do something right.  Mac's flaws have been in his consistency with drafting, and missing on far too many picks.  His F/A pick-ups have been average at best.  His trades have been very good overall.  See?  No lightening bolts.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Awful move for Mac... Got swindled. 9ers realized they had a bust and dumped him and barely lost anything while we lose a 5th for nothing.

It's amazing a 6'2" athletic corner who is only 23 can't even make it to camp for this team. He's gotta be a total clown.

Depends on your point of view,  Robinson contributed as much if not more than at least one of Mac's second rounds picks, so it's almost like he traded a 5th for a 2nd, in your face Lynch, who's laughing now....

:)

To be clear"

Trades 5th rounder: Gets Brandon Marshall and a 7th rounder

Trades 6th rounder: Gets Ryan Fitzpatrick

Trades 7th rounder: Gets Henry Anderson

Trades 5th rounder: Gets Ryan Clady and 7th rounder

Trades 7th rounder: Gets Zac Stacy

Last trade: Not so good.  Second last: fine trade for what we needed, but the mistake was the Ferguson situation getting out of hand.

First three: pretty good return for the first three

He also got a third rounder for Teddy Bridgewater.

You can bitch about Mac and his drafting.  It has been average at best; his trading skills are not one of those things to bitch about.

Those trades for Fitzpatrick and Marshall ultimately delayed what should have been a true rebuild, and all we got out of it was one winning season where we didn’t make the playoffs. Are those really worth celebrating?

We also traded up for Bryce Petty.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So let me get this straight. You defend Macc here because you think the player just got busted a 2nd time for weed, which he knows will get him suspended for a year. And you’re cool with Macc having sent a 5th for such a player.

Just making sure I have this one correct.

Lol

4 hours ago, billo83 said:

And who was the steak, Lexus, and house the Jets passed up to keep Mac?

Whoever Korn Ferry tells them to hire, obviously. 

Macc sucks. There a number of legit up and coming GM candidates out there. I’m tired of pissing away drafts and seasons. Aren’t you?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Its not about defending Macc; its about actually looking at things objectively.  Mac could get us Tom Brady in his prime for a 5th rounder and some of you guys would be bitching.

The world does NOT catch on fire when you credit someone when they do something right.  Mac's flaws have been in his consistency with drafting, and missing on far too many picks.  His F/A pick-ups have been average at best.  His trades have been very good overall.  See?  No lightening bolts.

Which trade that Macc has made has made this team a playoff team? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Its not about defending Macc; its about actually looking at things objectively.  Mac could get us Tom Brady in his prime for a 5th rounder and some of you guys would be bitching. The world does NOT catch on fire when you credit someone when they do something right.  Mac's flaws have been in his consistency with drafting, and missing on far too many picks.  His F/A pick-ups have been average at best.  His trades have been very good overall.  See?  No lightening bolts.

His trades have been ok at best, overall. Everything else has been awful. Hence why we’re 24-40 with 0 playoff appearances. Is that not objective?

• Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I'd never thought I'd have to say this about a team that uses so many draft assets and so much FA $ on CBs, but we are danger thin at that position, And we drafted a CB who may not be ready to play for most of the season.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mac****

I'm not a fan of Macc's. Far from it. He should have been fired with Bowles but the Robinson thing is weak. He was taking a shot on a player. That's something I wish he would do with his draft picks. If Macc's draft record was anything like his trade history the Jets would be a far different team. I still say he should have been fired though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

I'm not a fan of Macc's. Far from it. He should have been fired with Bowles but the Robinson thing is weak. He was taking a shot on a player. That's something I wish he would do with his draft picks. If Macc's draft record was anything like his trade history the Jets would be a far different team. I still say he should have been fired though.

Agree 

I wonder if chris was hesitant to do it because then he would have to make a decision on heimerdinger or hire the guy to block him 

keeping Mac meant a nice easy scapegoat in bowles and he got to follow Mac around on the interviews

A total housecleaning was in order

Now we have a situation again where the GM contract is coming up and if they fire mac they have to find a GM that will accept gase. 

Maybe they promote heimerdinger ?

If you google Chris Johnson there’s nothing 

he never worked anywhere 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Those trades for Fitzpatrick and Marshall ultimately delayed what should have been a true rebuild, and all we got out of it was one winning season where we didn’t make the playoffs. Are those really worth celebrating?

We also traded up for Bryce Petty.

WOW....why do some of you guys look at this as celebrating?

This REALLY isn't about defending Mac as a whole as a GM.  He has not been good enough.  It is about looking at a situation objectively. 

The Fitzpatrick trade was made so there would be a viable back-up to Geno Smith.  A smart move, considering there was literally nothing.  You get an opportunity to trade for Brandon Marshall for a 5th, I don't see that as a bad thing, but if you want to, so be it.

Mac CANNOT control that the team won 10 games that year.  We have all basically agreed that by winning that season, it fooled everyone into thinking we were close to winning.  Then Bowles basically states Fitzpatrick is the starter when he wasn't even signed, and the next season set the team back at least another year.  That is not on Mac in the least.  What is on him was caving in and resigning Fitz, although I am not sure that wasn't driven by external factors (IE media, the Johnson's, etc)

And the Petty thing:  SERIOUSLY.  We traded a 7th round pick for a QB who held over 25 school records at the position.  Spending a 7th to take a flyer on a QB is something we are complaining about now?  Sometimes you guys reach for excuses to complain about Mac.

Again, and I don't know how many times this has been stated, or will be need stating, this is not a post about Mac being executive from the year.  Far from it.  Literally every human on this planet does things well and does things not so well.  Mac has found great value in trading.  He has been VERY sub-par with his free agency signings, and has done poorly in the middle rounds of the draft.  He has found some success early in the draft, and done well at finding role players in UDFA.  He has done poorly at taking care of the O-line, and done a below average job at building a cohesive offense.  He gets a solid grade for moving up to get into position to draft Darnold.  Without that trade-up, we would have Rosen or Allen right now.  Call me crazy, but I prefer looking at the next 10 years of having Darnold our QB as a positive.

44 minutes ago, Larz said:

he never worked anywhere 

Not to make this political, but Johnson is like Trump is like Bilzerian.  They haven't worked a day in their lives, inherited their wealth, and haven't done much outside of being born into the right family. 

• Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Which trade that Macc has made has made this team a playoff team? 

None....Doesn't mean the trades he made were not solid.

His missing on high-ticket FA the first two years, average drafting, and poor coaching from head coach, OC, and DC FAR outweigh the reasons why we have not made the playoffs for a decade. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Agree 

I wonder if chris was hesitant to do it because then he would have to make a decision on heimerdinger or hire the guy to block him 

keeping Mac meant a nice easy scapegoat in bowles and he got to follow Mac around on the interviews

A total housecleaning was in order

Now we have a situation again where the GM contract is coming up and if they fire mac they have to find a GM that will accept gase. 

Maybe they promote heimerdinger ?

he never worked anywhere 

All true. Its a major screw up in keeping Macc. If Macc is let go after the Season and they don't give Heimerdinger the job chances are Gase will not be kept. A new GM will most likely want to bring in his guy and that means a new offense for Sam to learn and possibly slowing his development learning that new offense. Not to mention personnel changes etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

None....Doesn't mean the trades he made were not solid.

His missing on high-ticket FA the first two years, average drafting, and poor coaching from head coach, OC, and DC FAR outweigh the reasons why we have not made the playoffs for a decade. 

Oh. Well if his trades have been average, we should definitely keep him. 

• Sympathy 1

robinson had some off field issues that he's probably not over yet.  you can't necessary fault mac for taking a chance on a guy who was drafted with a high pick.  the fault with mac is he seems to try and find these diamonds in the rough and they just don't seem to work out very well.

13 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

The fact that his trades have been pretty good overall does not nearly make up for the rest of his failings. He's been ok at 5% of his job and terrible the rest of the time.

So when people are using his trades to justify him still being here while he's been awful at every other part of his job its ridiculous.

• Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, choon328 said:

The fact that his trades have been pretty good overall does not nearly make up for the rest of his failings. He's been ok at 5% of his job and terrible the rest of the time.

So when people are using his trades to justify him still being here while he's been awful at every other part of his job its ridiculous.

And YET again, for the MILLIONTH time, nobody is justifying him being here. It is called objectivity.  Saying someone has done something good when they have, and saying someone has done something bad when they have.

Lets simplify, yet again.

MAC:

TRADES = A- average

FA SIGNINGS = D average at best

DRAFTING = B+ in first rounds F for 2nd round C for third round beyond

TOTAL SCORE:  Will be gone next year if Jets miss playoffs.

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Don't forget.  If we cut a guy who was traded for a 5th round pick the GM has to be fired.  If we draft a Pro Bowl Safety or a potential franchise QB then we took a non-premium position or we got lucky.  That's just kinda how it works around here.

I'll try to be fair-minded about this GM.  He hasn't proven to be very good but he's also better than a lot of people around here seem to think.  In any case, the Jets roster is clearly Maccagnan's now after 4 years.  These are his draft picks and his free agent signings (and trade results).  Most of us think the players who have been here for the past few years weren't coached particularly well by Bowles, Rogers, Jeremy Bates, etc.  I'm willing to withhold judgement on Macc to see how his roster does under Gase and Gregg Williams now.

Maybe it's just a sign of how bad the roster has been in previous years, how old the team was that Macc inherited and there was a lack of FA spending prior to this season to some degree but I'd argue that the Jets talent heading into 2019 is possibly the best it has been since 2011 or 2015.  But unlike 2015 which was really the last hurrah (or second to last hurrah) for aging guys like D'Brick, Revis, Harris, Mangold, Calvin Pace and others who would depart like Snacks Harrison, Demario Davis, etc. I think this team is slightly more built to last.  The roster is MUCH younger... and that youth has talent.

Again, I'm reserving judgement until the end of the season.

And I think reserving judgment until the end of the season is the only prudent and rational approach to take right now given what’s transpired over the last year. 

Or we can just gnash our teeth and pull our hair out screaming that Mac needs to be fired RIGHT NOW like an unhinged hysterical whiner. 

30 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

And YET again, for the MILLIONTH time, nobody is justifying him being here. It is called objectivity.  Saying someone has done something good when they have, and saying someone has done something bad when they have.

Lets simplify, yet again.

MAC:

TRADES = A- average

FA SIGNINGS = C average at best

What you and others are doing is criticizing people who think Macc should be fired right now bc we're not giving him credit for his trades. I don't give a flying **** about his trades when he's been terrible at every other aspect of his job. It's beyond ridiculous to criticize people for not pointing out his trading history. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

With the Colts to get Darnold. 

That very much remains to be seen. Honestly, I don’t think this is a playoff team. 6-7 wins tops. Which hopefully is bad enough for a regime change. But really it’ll just be bad enough where a top player can’t fall in Macc’s lap. 

51 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That very much remains to be seen. Honestly, I don’t think this is a playoff team. 6-7 wins tops. Which hopefully is bad enough for a regime change. But really it’ll just be bad enough where a top player can’t fall in Macc’s lap. 

I think it can be. But they're relying on a lot of young parts, including at the post important position. So who knows. I think there's enough talent to win on both sides it's up to the coaches now. And up to Sam really.

3 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I think it can be. But they're relying on a lot of young parts, including at the post important position. So who knows. I think there's enough talent to win on both sides it's up to the coaches now. And up to Sam really.

This is definitely a make or break year for Macc. We have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL but that can't be used as an excuse. If this team doesn't show life and finish at least 8-8, Macc will be gone regardless of how young the guys are.

I'm in a wait and see before I jump on board the Macc is terrible at everything bandwagon. This roster looks pretty good. It has 3-4 weak spots before we truly become competitive. But Macc had the opportunity to better solidify some of those positions...specifically edge and center. 

I will also be less critical of the coaches than I will of Macc if we don't win. Greg Williams has shown he can coach. And Gase showed life in Miami despite having a bad QB. Macc is at center stage this year. 

9 hours ago, choon328 said:

What you and others are doing is criticizing people who think Macc should be fired right now bc we're not giving him credit for his trades. I don't give a flying **** about his trades when he's been terrible at every other aspect of his job. It's beyond ridiculous to criticize people for not pointing out his trading history. 

HOLY sh*t DUDE!  How much more ******* simple can I make this!

That is NOT what I, or I think ANY other person in this thread are doing at all!

Are you being this obtuse on purpose? 

And YET again, for the MILLIONTH time, nobody is justifying him being here. It is called objectivity.  Saying someone has done something good when they have, and saying someone has done something bad when they have. Lets simplify, yet again.

MAC:

TRADES = A- average

FA SIGNINGS = C average at best

Those are very generous grades.

C for 3rd round and beyond? Come on. He hit on one 3rd (Jenkins) and one 4th (Herndon), while drafting massive busts like Mauldin, ArDarius Stewart and Chad Hansen. That’s an F right there.