Blessuan Austin Is Rex Ryan's Spirit Animal

On 5/11/2019 at 11:03 AM, Jetster said:

Talk to me after this season. END OF STORY. 

Mike Maccagnan: Christian Hackenberg could play for Jets as rookie

Updated May 3, 2016; Posted May 2, 2016

Gallery: Christian Hackenberg

Comment

0 shares

By Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Now that the Jets have drafted Penn State's Christian Hackenberg as their potential quarterback of the future, the million-dollar question is whether Hackenberg will get to play as a rookie in 2016.

General manager Mike Maccagnan, in an interview on WEPN-FM ESPN 98.7 on Monday, wouldn't rule it out.

"I think, with any player coming into the league, there's definitely a maturation process, and it doesn't matter, again, what position you play," Maccagnan told hosts Michael Kay and Don La Greca.

"I think quarterbacks are probably one of the harder positions to transition into in the NFL. I know there's always a desire and feel to have them go out there and play right away. The reality of it is, though, it's going to be determined by how he does. And I think my personal opinion is we'll see where he's at and how he is in terms of assimilating to our offense and our system. But like I said, I think it's a natural maturation process."

The Jets selected Hackenberg in the draft's second round on Friday night, even though the scouting reports on him are all over the place. But Maccagnan and the Jets' coaches and scouts did a detailed evaluation of Hackenberg, with Maccagnan personally attending Hackenberg's Pro Day and later returning to Penn State for a private workout.

Maccagnan--a longtime former scout--did not personally attend a Pro Day or a private workout for any other quarterback prospect.

The last paragraph from this article says all you need to know about Mac**** building our team through the draft.

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Montgomery is also a headcase and basically quit on the Packers after he screwed up the kick return. He's also always injured. The Jets relying on him and Bell this year is risky AF.

Dude, you need a nickname here so I'll give you one, how Depressed Matt? My god man, everything you respond to is as negative as can be. There was also a mutiny in Green Bay, did you happen to notice where McCarthy was pushed out & not signed by anyone? 

When did he quit on the Packers? He probably told that idiot McCarthy, "yea, I can fill in a tub RB, but running me between the tackles over & over with my high running style & my ribs exposed might not be a good idea". 

Word was he took a Kickoff off out when told not to & fumbled. Well, Ty Montgomery is the Jets backup RB to probably a top 3 RB in the league with Gurley having bone on bone & McCarthy will be watching the NFL from his leather couch. 

I swear, I think there are posters here who hope the Jets lose so they can come on this message board just to say I TOLD YOU SO like 3rd graders. 

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Dude, you need a nickname here so I'll give you one, how Depressed Matt? My god man, everything you respond to is as negative as can be. There was also a mutiny in Green Bay, did you happen to notice where McCarthy was pushed out & not signed by anyone? 

When did he quit on the Packers? He probably told that idiot McCarthy, "yea, I can fill in a tub RB, but running me between the tackles over & over with my high running style & my ribs exposed might not be a good idea". 

Word was he took a Kickoff off out when told not to & fumbled. Well, Ty Montgomery is the Jets backup RB to probably a top 3 RB in the league with Gurley having bone on bone & McCarthy will be watching the NFL from his leather couch. 

I swear, I think there are posters here who hope the Jets lose so they can come on this message board just to say I TOLD YOU SO like 3rd graders. 

Montgomery plays running back and gets tackled. Boo hoo. They told him not to return the kick and he did because he was annoyed he wasn’t playing anymore. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Montgomery plays running back and gets tackled. Boo hoo. They told him not to return the kick and he did because he was annoyed he wasn’t playing anymore. 

Great retort. I'm satisfied. 

On 5/11/2019 at 2:09 AM, T0mShane said:

I have close personally friends intimately tied to the Rutgers football program and they told me that Blessuan Austin has a 22” vertical leap when healthy. Don’t get mad at me, get mad at my sources, who are deeply embedded at Rutgers.

Yeah, those knee braces are tough to jump in!

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Like it or not, this is EXACTLY what happened with Montgomery in GB.  I'm glad we have him but I'm also glad it's a one year deal and that we'll hopefully have Eli McGuire hot on his heels to be RB2.