If the Jets go 7-9 (or worse) who will you blame more?

T0mShane

If the Jets go 7-9 or worse, whose fault will it be?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets go 7-9 or worse, whose fault will it be?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blame the fans especially SOJ fans :) we/they complain too much and do not blindly cheer for every move the Jets make (the FO must know more lol)

back on subject, it's all on Mac and I am worried less about the record this year and more about Sam, we saw what Houston (where Mac learned to ignore the OL) did to Carr and now to Watson and we all watched Andrew Luck get destroyed, almost ending his career - hoping for a Griggs like turn around (to support Sam) regardless of the record this year

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets go 7-9 or worse, who will shoulder the blame for it? 

Don’t see it happening unless they are riddled with injuries. If they stay healthy with the schedule they have this year, they are going to the playoffs.

Has to be on Macc. The fun part will be seeing our astute owner finally learning from prior mistakes, and not use a head hunter or a washed up broadcaster to choose the next GM. My guess is the next GM will come to us after the job is posted on Zip Recruiter.?

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

I'd rather think if we go 11-5, who are we giving more credit to?

I was just going to add this. The more interesting question would be who gets the credit if we go 10-6 or better? I'd imagine you'd get a 50/50 split on a poll.

48 minutes ago, Larz said:

PSA

trolling the board to drive up post counts but making Jets fans look like idiots in the process isn’t actually helping 

Honestly though we are the easiest fans to troll in the NFL. Hate the game not the player 

A MUCH better question than the other thread. I would place 100% of the blame on Mac's shoulders because:

1) I'm not going to blame Gase in his inaugural year. I would criticize, but not call for his dismissal.

2) Mac is the most common person to blame? I've been criticizing him since 2016. His drafting has been terrible. The FA's that Mac signed would not be to blame either. They did their best to create chemistry and sometimes that can be elusive for any different number of reasons.I

3) It would most likely be because the Jets roster (what MAC built) let the team down. 

The facts have always been on full display. Mac is just not a good GM and his history with acquiring talent proves that out.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Best ever box safety hands down!

Hey, people make careers doing all sorts of things.  Their value is in the eye of the beholder.  Adam Vinatieri won a few Super Bowls and might be the best ever kicker hands down.  He played about 5 snaps per game.  Devin Hester was a WR who had 255 receptions for 3,311 career yards but might go to the Hall of Fame for doing a little something called returning punts and kickoffs.  Again, like Vinatieri, he did this probably about 5 or 6 times per game.  If we have the best box safety in the history of the NFL "ever" as you days, a guy that turns out better than a Kam Chancellor, Troy Polamalu, etc., then I'll be pretty damn psyched.

If the Jets go 7-9 it means we went 0-3 or 1-2 against the Bills and Browns and that wouldn’t be anyone’s fault but rather that Buffalo and Cleveland appear to have good young quarterbacks.

10 of our games are against teams with losing records and we have to go 8-2 against them while going 2-4 against the better ones to make the postseason.  

We find out the fate of our season in Week 2.  Back to back against wildcard competitors at home. Open 2-0 it’s a playoff year.  Open 0-2 and it’s all over.

SAR I

Archived