If the Jets go 9-7 or better, who gets the credit

If the Jets go 9-7 or better who gets the credit  

70 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets go 9-7 or better who gets the credit.

2 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

If we do not win 10 games, then it's a disappointing season, and both should get blame, not credit.

I considered making 10 the threshold, I'm hoping for 10 but really from 4 wins to 9, good shot of a WC game, shouldn't be calling that season a disappointment.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I considered making 10 the threshold, I'm hoping for 10 but really from 4 wins to 9, good shot of a WC game, shouldn't be calling that season a disappointment.  

Fair enough, however if they do not make the playoffs, it's a disappointing season IMO.

• Upvote 1

Believe it or not Chris Johnson gets a lot of the credit! Im sure he was involved in most of the big decisions and Im betting he pushed Mac into hiring a head coach and D Coordinator with experience. Chris seems to have this organization headed in the right direction.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Definitely depends on how the way the season ends up at 9-7. From 4-9. Is a great improvement in my opinion. Possibly good enough for wild card. It’s what I’m expecting. Our stepping stone for 2020 when it no holds barred!! And quite frankly with that said everybody will get the credit. (As a team ). And that’s OK

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Believe it or not Chris Johnson gets a lot of the credit! Im sure he was involved in most of the big decisions and Im betting he pushed Mac into hiring a head coach and D Coordinator with experience. Chris seems to have this organization headed in the right direction.

That's a possibility.  At any rate, for all the well-deserved criticism we've piled on Mac, nobody seems to mention until now that it looks like he's turned it around and is making some good decisions lately.  At least they look like good decisions, we'll have to wait until the games are actually played to see for sure.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Or both? 

I say both get credit, but I am only giving credit for 10 wins or more and the Jets must make the playoffs. Anything less than the playoffs gets no credit. 10 wins and no playoffs is not a happy ending. 9 wins and making the playoffs only gets credit if the Jets make it to the divisional round. Being playoff fodder and getting destroyed in the Wild Card round isn't something to be proud of.

2 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

Definitely depends on how the way the season ends up at 9-7. From 4-9. Is a great improvement in my opinion. Possibly good enough for wild card. It’s what I’m expecting. Our stepping stone for 2020 when it no holds barred!! And quite frankly with that said everybody will get the credit. (As a team ). And that’s OK

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This!!! Contrary to what some believe I think the Jets have had a great off season. On paper and that’s all we can go bye at this point the roster has greatly improved. Have every hole been addressed no but improved.

D-line is stout 

LB core improved

Corner back needs work

Safeties strong 

O-Line improved Draft and undrafted free agents are versatile and add depth still needs work 

Recieving Corp including TE improved  needs work need a true #1

Running back goes without saying 

As I said all this is on paper and time will tell but in my opinion job well done. If all plays out the organization as a whole gets credit.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I voted for Gase, but it would actually be both. I hate giving Mac credit because his drafting is so bad, but in this case he deserves it. 

first off, I don't see the Jets being 9-7 or better. I don't think Mac did enough for the OL, corner, WR for that to happen.

However, if it did, it would be Mac because he brought in some nice pieces during FA and yes he drafted a few good players in Adams and Sammy.

base would get credit for getting them to play as a cohesive unit.

52 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Huh.gif.99f1a150f38ea54ffafdb5f1b07e3de0.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

9 wins would be amazing. This team has won 14 games in 3 seasons. Possible? Sure. But in reality unlikely

8-8 would be a huge success, doubling last years win total would be big.  

Agree with you but honestly “only” nine wins would bring out the boo birds here