If the Jets go 9-7 or better, who gets the credit

If the Jets go 9-7 or better who gets the credit  

70 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets go 9-7 or better who gets the credit.

At what point does the QB become a variable in this equation?

I'm thinking 8 or 9 wins is very possible this year. I'd be disappointed if we aren't at least .500. On paper we have a very good CS, some really good talent on defense, and some pretty nice weapons on offense. I think the variable that will determine how good or bad we are this year is Darnold. He's the QB, its his second year, and its time for him to take that next step.

Whether we're a good team or not this year will depend on how he plays. Same thing in Buffalo and Baltimore, (I'll give Rosen a pass this year since he's on a new team.) but for Darnold, Allen and Jackson the training wheels are off now. Its time to see who's who from that '18 QB class. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

With the 3rd easiest schedule this upcoming year, we should improve.  The more Gase gets his own players, we should do better.  However Mac**** will still be an anchor around the organization's neck.

1)Redskins .469

2) NE Pats  .473

a) LA Rams .473

b)NY Giants .473

c) Bengals    .473

d)NY Jets     .473

And of course it's basically BS.  Most of it depends on the division a team is in.  (See NE Pats with 2nd easy schedule) The Bills and Fish are not good teams.  Suspect Bills will be much better this year.  A small bit of it because the Jets finished last in the Division last year.

How teams played last year seldom has an impact if they will be good or bad this year. 

• Upvote 2

Gase. If they do it while six or seven players go to the Pro Bowl? Then Macc gets the apology
I think the mark of a good GM these days is quality of starters + depth - how well the team handles "next man up" - but if you're using award recognition, its All-Pro, not the Pro Bowl.
  • Upvote 1

This JetNation of ours really blows me away. 

First you have 50% of the posters criticizing the draft and free agent acquisitions.

Now, a few prognosticators "foresee" us winning potentially 10 games, and suddenly, 9 games is not good enough?  

Get a grip!  If we somehow, by some miracle win 10 games, everyone connected to this organization deserves credit.  If we "only" should win 8-9 games the reaction should be the same.  

New coaching staff,  80% roster turnover,  2nd year quarterback, what do "we" expect.....  Anyone who is not OK with a .500 record in year one of this rebuild, deserves to be fired.  Not Macc or Gase.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

This JetNation of ours really blows me away. 

First you have 50% of the posters criticizing the draft and free agent acquisitions.

Now, a few prognosticators "foresee" us winning potentially 10 games, and suddenly, 9 games is not good enough?  

Get a grip!  If we somehow, by some miracle win 10 games, everyone connected to this organization deserves credit.  If we "only" should win 8-9 games the reaction should be the same.  

New coaching staff,  80% roster turnover,  2nd year quarterback, what do "we" expect.....  Anyone who is not OK with a .500 record in year one of this rebuild, deserves to be fired.  Not Macc or Gase.

Wait... we started ANOTHER rebuild?  :dohslap:

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

After all it's only year one of this rebuild phase.

It seems everyone heard about this but me....  :curse:

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Yes and every year is year 1.

Ah... I did not know that!  :thumbup:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Cannot say until I see how the season goes.  9-7 because of a fierce defense that Williams has coached up?  9-7 because the offense is a consistent threat?  9-7 because the new draft picks are dominant?

Some Mac fan boys will blame darnold if he doesn’t have a great season, without factoring in he had one of the worst time to throw protection in nfl ?‍♂️That would obviously be 100% macs fault 

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Fair enough, however if they do not make the playoffs, it's a disappointing season IMO.

Would be hard to make the playoffs even if we go 10-6. Realistically, and as a sign of progress, 9-7 is more like it. Anything less would be a huge disappointment. 

The following are must wins:

Fins 2X

Bills 2X

Redskins

Giants

Bengals

Browns 

Raiders

The other 7 games will be tough but we should at least be competitive and who knows., miracles happen everyday.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

A lot of people are setting themselves up for a massive letdown. 9-7 a disappointment? Oh boy gonna be suicide watch come December here.

6 games or better would be a nice step forward. Beyond that all upside. That’s how you manage expectations as a Jets fan.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I say both get credit, but I am only giving credit for 10 wins or more and the Jets must make the playoffs. Anything less than the playoffs gets no credit. 10 wins and no playoffs is not a happy ending. 9 wins and making the playoffs only gets credit if the Jets make it to the divisional round. Being playoff fodder and getting destroyed in the Wild Card round isn't something to be proud of.

You win 10 and miss the playoffs you get the same credit IMO.  Not making the playoffs changes nothing given that almost all of the time that's playoffs and it's no one's fault they didn't get in.

7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Year 7 don’t forgot the very hard to forget Idzik 2 years.

Facts. We cant forget those years because that was the initial dismantling of the roster in order for Macc to come in with a ton of draft picks and 100+ million in cap space. 

7 years later and the closest we got to a playoff run was a 3 INT 4th quarter by Fitzpatrick against the Bills in a 2015 season which was the easiest schedule I'd ever seen the Jets have...and we couldnt even make the playoffs. 

I hate that you even corrected me on that! lol. 

How is the general consensus on this site to fire Macc and simultaneous be upset if we don’t make the playoffs.

If we have a good season, the front office, coaching staff and players should get the credit.

For me, anything at or above 8-8 will likely be an exciting season. Below 8 wins and Macc should go. Hopefully we do well because a new GM won’t have much flexibility initially to alter the roster. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

That would make it Macc

Not necessarily. There's a great quote from The Producers that sums this one up, for me at least:

How could this happen? I was so careful. I picked the wrong play, the wrong director, the wrong cast. Where did I go right?

You can actually do your best to fail and still end up succeeding, Not suggesting Macc is doing this on purpose, but if it works does it become a blueprint for other teams to follow?

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You win 10 and miss the playoffs you get the same credit IMO.  Not making the playoffs changes nothing given that almost all of the time that's playoffs and it's no one's fault they didn't get in.

10 wins and no playoffs = 2015

Sorry, I'm NOT celebrating another season without the Jets making the playoffs. It likely means the Jets didn't have a good enough record in their division and their conference for them to not get a wild card spot with 10 wins. Still, you go ahead and pat the Jets on the back for 10 wins and no playoffs after you finished watching the Bills with nothing to play for beat the Jets in week 17. Groundhogs Day!