Wisniewski signs...with the Eagles

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't know, why don't you tell us all those CD who has the same finger injury he had and it wasn't an issue, how many games he was hurt and how many other centers had similar injuries and had no problems snapping in the shotgun. 

He was playing well, was injured to the point he had to play a different position.  But we should call bs because we know better without anything to back it up. 

The guy himself said it was mental.  If he couldn't snap, then how did he snap all the other times?  He had the yips.  

my take on this, they never really replaced him in the first place 

they gave another cheaper guy his LG job, that's not the same thing 

this is a sign the Eagles think they made a mistake letting him go, or at least missed having him around

rare in the NFL with a 30 year old player 

10 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Can't see this being popular:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/13/eagles-bring-back-guard-stefen-wisniewski/

Clearly, the Jets have more confidence in Harrison and/or Toth than many people on the board.

I hope this the most singular move that causes his dismissal. Honestly, the jury is in on Mac. He doesn't give a sh*t about OL. Just like Bradway used to claim, he thinks he can save money under the cap by skimming on the OL. After 5 years as Jets GM we can come to those conclusions. It's almost criminal to leave such a gaping hold at Center. Sammy will NOT be comfortable in the pocket due to constant pressure in the dead center of the defense.

7 hours ago, section314 said:

I agree with you here. I think it's one reason they have kept Ben Braden around....played all three OL spots at Michigan. Would not be surprised if Edoga gets a fair amount of time at G during camp and the pre season.

Agreed. Braden was solid in college. They are going to have to have versatile guys who can play multiple positions if they don't make any additions. Not something that I'm comfortable with going into this season.

• Upvote 1

Harrison is a better player then Wisenewski, but the issue is that we also lost Dozier, so we dont really have a backup center other then Toth (but maybe the staff likes him, who knows).  Compton is decent depth at guard and maybe Braden has shown improvement, but if we dont have developmental guards/center then we should have veterans as insurance.