Fan favorites that had forum fanboys....and then never amounted to anything!

56 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Yep it was all Brett, never mind all the give FA additions especially up front which took us from one of the worst OLs in football to one of the best along with over if the easiest schedules we have ever had.  It was all the greatness of a player who didn't want to be here and played like it.?

Late in Brett's career the cold affected him, remember when he handed the 2007 NFC title to the Giants in the bitter cold? 

You’re too funny. One vivid memory that sticks in your mind is enough to define a career but statistics—complied over an entire career, and in the case of Favre and Eli hundreds of games, are meaningless when they don’t fit your view.

If you’re right, the opposite must also be true. Please tell us some QBs with crappy stats that were actually HOF calibre players 

Just now, jgb said:

You’re too funny. One vivid memory that sticks in your mind is enough to define a career but statistics—complied over an entire career, and in the case of Favre and Eli hundreds of games, are meaningless.

If you’re right, the opposite must be true. Please tell us some QBs with crappy stats that were actually HOF calibre players 

Mark Sanchez.  Duh. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

You’re too funny. One vivid memory that sticks in your mind is enough to define a career but statistics—complied over an entire career, and in the case of Favre and Eli hundreds of games, are meaningless.

If you’re right, the opposite must also be true. Please tell us some QBs with crappy stats that were actually HOF calibre players 

Are you putting favre and Eli in the same sentence?  Favre 186-112 as a starter, Eli 116-114.  I think favre is overrated among the all time greats (I don't believe he is top 10) but he's still an all time great.  The other guy is mediocre.

So you think Brett throwing as many INTs as TDs was a good statistical season?

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Are you putting favre and Eli in the same sentence?  Favre 186-112 as a starter, Eli 116-114.  I think favre is overrated among the all time greats (I don't believe he is top 10) but he's still an all time great.  The other guy is mediocre.

So you think Brett throwing as many INTs as TDs was a good statistical season?

Nice dodge. No rush though genuinely interested who these QBs with terrible stats but really were HOF quality players are.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I can imagine that the sixth year of Rex Ryan would produce a roster filled with the biggest assholes in the league.

My nephew said the guy that was in charge of the interns was a total jerk too. When they had practices with other teams, he would talk to Interns from those other teams & they were all like we're treated great. When he told them the sh*t that was going on with the Jets & how badly they were treated these other Interns were shocked. 

Funniest thing about that camp is my nephew said the NICEST & FUNNIEST guy?.....Mo Wilkerson! Said he was always cool, gave my nephew a nickname COOL BLUE because he always had Mos favorite gatoraid ready, lol.

Mo was probably like that funny guy at school, just passing through, having a good time, but he was getting PAID. 

* Said Geno Smith was borderline retarded by the way.

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

My nephew said the guy that was in charge of the interns was a total jerk too. When they had practices with other teams, he would talk to Interns from those other teams & they were all like we're treated great. When he told them the sh*t that was going on with the Jets & how badly they were treated these other Interns were shocked. 

Funniest thing about that camp is my nephew said the NICEST & FUNNIEST guy?.....Mo Wilkerson! Said he was always cool, gave my nephew a nickname COOL BLUE because he always had Mos favorite gatoraid ready, lol.

Mo was probably like that funny guy at school, just passing through, having a good time, but he was getting PAID. 

Some guys need an extra nudge. Todd Bowles was the worst coach to provide external motivation.

15 hours ago, TheMo said:

Christian Hackenberg

The logical knots people twisted themselves into over him were amazing. People were literally making arguments like him not playing a snap meant nothing or even that it meant he was really good so they didn't want to "showcase" him and let defensive coordinators get tape on him for the next season.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The logical knots people twisted themselves into over him were amazing. People were literally making arguments like him not playing a snap meant nothing or even that it meant he was really good so they didn't want to "showcase" him and let defensive coordinators get tape on him for the next season.

My favourite was that it’s good he isn’t playing so that Bowles won’t have a chance to ruin him 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

Nice dodge. No rush though genuinely interested who these QBs with terrible stats but really were HOF quality players are.

Nice dodge? You are doing nothing but making things up and you just put Eli and favre together.  Please stop.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Nice dodge? You are doing nothing but making things up and you just put Eli and favre together.  Please stop.

The only comparison I made is they both played hundred of games. Come on, you’re better than this.

3 hours ago, dcJet said:

Chad was so loved.  Whenever they showed the stands on tv i swear 90% of the jerseys were number 10. 

5% number 80.

0% number 11.   :-)

That's exactly why he best fits the thread. He was obsessively  adored by fans but was an injury prone loser who also had the distinction of being picked 175 spots ahead of Brady that same year making him the worst value QB pick ever.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Without Eric Smith there would be no positive points to make for Tim Tebow NFL career arguments (though I’ll argue there is still nothing positive NFL wise).

Ah.yes, the game in Denver when Smith had him dead to rights for a huge loss on the game winning drive, and he fell for the pump fake. Good stuff.? Followed up a month later with the Christmas Eve wiff on Victor Cruz.

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

That's exactly why he best fits the thread. He was obsessively  adored by fans but was an injury prone loser who also had the distinction of being picked 175 spots ahead of Brady that same year making him the worst value QB pick ever.

“Loser” might be a tad harsh I get the feeling his real “crime” was playing better elsewhere 

Pennington- I recently caught the colts playoff game on YouTube.  Was at that game, thought he was a franchise qb.  Got a totally different vibe after watching it over 15 yrs later on a screen.  Even in that dominating game, you could see that style of play was doomed. Jets running game was solid.  Colts were not getting any pressure all game.  Chad was completing a ton of underneath stuff against the Tampa 2.  Saw 2 of plays where Moss and  chrebet had gotten behind the safeties, Chad couldn’t get enough arm on the ball.  Great locker room guy, outstanding mind for the game, but he never had the physical tools, even pre injury.

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

“Loser” might be a tad harsh I get the feeling his real “crime” was playing better elsewhere 

Loser. 

All he did elsewhere is what he did here, ride a weak schedule and yellow game plan to a wild card berth only to get completely embaressed once the teams became to good for play not to lose to be a viable strategy.

He hand cuffed this franchise for the better part of a decade

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Rex's useless FB John Connor.

Cmon...admit it......you fell for the snake oil salesman's pitch and thought he was gonna take on and steamroll linebackers and DBs.

The terminator lololololol

He was no Trevon Wesco, that's for sure.