Fan favorites that had forum fanboys....and then never amounted to anything!

1 hour ago, jgb said:

If that’s your way of acknowledging that we disagree with you, then thank you.

Disagreement is great, disagreement is fun.  What you guys do is insult rather than disagree, instead of just countering what I write and engaging in a fun debate you just choose to insult because you have nothing.

1 hour ago, jmat321 said:

Pennington- I recently caught the colts playoff game on YouTube.  Was at that game, thought he was a franchise qb.  Got a totally different vibe after watching it over 15 yrs later on a screen.  Even in that dominating game, you could see that style of play was doomed. Jets running game was solid.  Colts were not getting any pressure all game.  Chad was completing a ton of underneath stuff against the Tampa 2.  Saw 2 of plays where Moss and  chrebet had gotten behind the safeties, Chad couldn’t get enough arm on the ball.  Great locker room guy, outstanding mind for the game, but he never had the physical tools, even pre injury.

If you were at that game your know how very cold and windy it was, not the greatest elements for a big downfiele passing game.  Did you notice a Hall of Fame QB on the other side with much more talent around him get shut out?  

Check out the video of the 2004 wild card game at SD and see Chad with a torn rotator cuff their one of the prettiest deep balls to moss you will ever be see.

55 minutes ago, Lith said:

Shonn Greene.  After that first postseason, I really thought we had something.  Never could carry the load as a feature back -- I expected so much more from him.

He had some big runs in postseason but could never carry the load. It's a shame he got hurt on the first possession of the second half at Indy in the 09 title game.  Once he left we had no chance with a rookie QB with no run game against those 2 pass rushers

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Disagreement is great, disagreement is fun.  What you guys do is insult rather than disagree, instead of just countering what I write and engaging in a fun debate you just choose to insult because you have nothing.

You’re offended, riiiiiiight. ?  Still waiting on that list of QBs with crummy stats who are elite in your view. If your hypothesis is true, that stats don’t make the man, it can’t just be that there only exist bad QBs with decent stats.

On 5/13/2019 at 11:38 PM, Thor99 said:

That was Fred Jetstone. 

Also Darren Walls had a huge fan on this board. ? 

Darrin Walls was an undrafted free agent and had a longer, more productive career in the NFL than 1st round picks Kyle Wilson and Dee Milliner. Spare me. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Check out the video of the 2004 wild card game at SD and see Chad with a torn rotator cuff their one of the prettiest deep balls to moss you will ever be see.

Yes remember that one time his floater wasnt conoletely under thrown. Totally proves the doubters wrong.

8 hours ago, jgb said:

You’re offended, riiiiiiight. ?  Still waiting on that list of QBs with crummy stats who are elite in your view. If your hypothesis is true, that stats don’t make the man, it can’t just be that there only exist bad QBs with decent stats.

I'm not offended, I can deal with it.  I understand why it happens, when you have nothing you insult.

I still don't understand your question, please explain why you keep asking that question?

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yes remember that one time his floater wasnt conoletely under thrown. Totally proves the doubters wrong.

He s a QB that took what the D gave him, he want forcing it downfield.  He never had the strongest arm but pre rotator cuff injuries his arm was more than good enough.

Jet fans are the absolute worst, we'll praise a guy who cost us a real SB shot that never wanted to be here but bash those that loved it here and actually helped us win.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'm not offended, I can deal with it.  I understand why it happens, when you have nothing you insult.

I still don't understand your question, please explain why you keep asking that question?

The tiny morsel of meat to be gained in the very unlikely event you engage in a good faith discussion for once is no longer worth the energy of the hunt. Have a great day. 

55 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Jet fans are the absolute worst, we'll praise a guy who cost us a real SB shot 

Bet you don’t even see the incredible irony in this post. Seriously though have a great Wednesday pal.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mr. Fall Down in Coverage.

If I recall correctly, @Bleedin Green had some things to say about him over the years.  lol. 

OMG... I don't think I've ever had such unbridled hatred for a Jets player as I did that bum.

The only moments in his entire career he's even known for are that cringe-worthy hit on Boldin (in which he also knocked himself out), and getting juked out of his pads by friggin' Tebow.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

He s a QB that took what the D gave him, he want forcing it downfield.  He never had the strongest arm but pre rotator cuff injuries his arm was more than good enough.

Jet fans are the absolute worst, we'll praise a guy who cost us a real SB shot that never wanted to be here but bash those that loved it here and actually helped us win.

Pennington cost us a SB shot for 6 seasons and was an entitled self important slimeball. He was a lying politician, trained in communications, and the gullible amongst us lopped up his bs just like they did with hope and change or maga.

The honor and rant privilege tells you all you need about the real Pennington, a guy who believes lowly media scum should worship the modern day gods that are NFL players and be honored just to allowed in thier presence.

I'll take the honest and open me first attitude of a guy like Revis or Favre over Pennington telling fans hes team first while behaving just as me first as Revis ever did.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

OMG... I don't think I've ever had such unbridled hatred for a Jets player as I did that bum.

The only moments in his entire career he's even known for are that cringe-worthy hit on Boldin (in which he also knocked himself out), and getting juked out of his pads by friggin' Tebow.

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Pennington cost us a SB shot for 6 seasons and was an entitled self important slimeball. He was a lying politician, trained in communications, and the gullible amongst us lopped up his bs just like they did with hope and change or maga.

The honor and rant privilege tells you all you need about the real Pennington, a guy who believes lowly media scum should worship the modern day gods that are NFL players and be honored just to allowed in thier presence.

I'll take the honest and open me first attitude of a guy like Revis or Favre over Pennington telling fans hes team first while behaving just as me first as Revis ever did. 

Posts like these take me back. 

Wish we knew we were in the good old days before we left them. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, CTM said:

To this day, I still cringe every time I see people talk about what a great guy Pennington supposedly was.  There is literally nothing that exists to support this claim.

As far as what he cost the Jets, the end to that 2004 season is the one in particular that will forever be burned into my memory.  Both the defense and special teams score a touchdown a piece, and yet they somehow still lose?  That takes a truly special level of awful to pull off.  But no, let's just blame the kicker.