Mark Gastineau’s Cancer Battle

Mark.jpg

Mark Gastineau stopped battling offensive lineman the same year I became a season ticket holder, 1988. When I was a kid, the sack exchange was the identity of the New York Jets. They were this hard working group who seemed to be larger than life. Mark Gastineau was always the one that stood out for me because of the sack dance. The Giants seemed to get all the headlines but when Mark did his sack dance all seemed right with the world.

Today Mark is battling cancer and he is asking for help. 

Hello my name is Mark Gastineau, #99 from The New York Jets. (retired)

Thank you for showing interest and coming to this gofundme page.

It is new for me to reach out for help but my wife Jo Ann and I agreed that it was time to share this need with my friends and fans. 

As you may have read, along with some other health issues, I was “Blind Sided” 6 months ago with a diagnosis of stage 3 colon cancer. 

I am presently being treated at Foxchase Cancer Center in Philadelphia. I had surgery to remove the tumor and treatment to kill the cancer.

Its been a difficult fight but I know I will have victory with the Lord fighting this battle with me. Thank you for all your love and support. 

-Mark 

There are two ways you can help Mark. 

1. Pray for Mark. My wife had cancer twice, more surgeries and chemotherapy than she would care to remember. One constant though was that each time someone would tell us they prayed for her, it brought us so much peace. Knowing that someone really prayed a special intention for you is powerful. Several years later Lauren still talks about how the support helped her through the most challenging days of her life. 
  2. He set up a Go Fund Me. If you are able to check it out here is the link –> Mark Gastineau’s Go Fund Me.

I have verified that the Go Fund Me is real, the money goes right to Mark. If you are in a position to help, any donation goes a long way.

Thanks for your time and consideration. Here is to a speedy recovery for Mark Gastineau. 

Rich Cimini wrote an excellent article with more details on Mark Gastineau’s cancer battle. It is worth checking out.

The post Mark Gastineau’s Cancer Battle appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
8hMnD01fc4s

Click here to read the full story...

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Great player. Unfairly blamed as the sole reason we lost that game against the Browns. Far from a 'roided up maniac acting in a completely irrational manner, he got to Kozar at the same time as another Jet, but we only remember him. One of the greatest pass rushers of all time--hated by a substantial minority of Jets fans.

Mommas, don't let you sons grown up to be Jets player.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Great player. Unfairly blamed as the sole reason we lost that game against the Browns. Far from a 'roided up maniac acting in a completely irrational manner, he got to Kozar at the same time as another Jet, but we only remember him. One of the greatest pass rushers of all time--hated by a substantial minority of Jets fans.

not to mention there was a clear facemask non-call on mcneil when a first down would have iced the game.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Ken O'Brien is why we lost, if Pat Ryan doesn't leave the game early we win that day.

• Upvote 3

Hey guys - Mark is going through a really rough time right now. Can you show him some support and help out by giving something to his Go Fund Me?

Mark Gastineau’s Go Fund Me.

This is definitely a tough situation. If you can't help or don't want to that is okay. But to those that can, donations of any size really help. Please consider giving something.

Thank you!

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hey guys - Mark is going through a really rough time right now. Can you show him some support and help out by giving something to his Go Fund Me?

Mark Gastineau’s Go Fund Me.

This is definitely a tough situation. If you can't help or don't want to that is okay. But to those that can, donations of any size really help. Please consider giving something.

Thank you!

He is broke?

21 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

He is broke?

I don't know much about his finances. I saw that he started a Go Fund Me for himself and I checked with someone I know that is a real life friend of his. That person confirmed for me that this was Mark that setup the Go Fund Me and that there was a legitimate financial need right now.

So I saw that and donated and put the article up. Beyond that I don't know much. So I would like people to pray and donate it they can. Definitely a sad situation, hopefully he is cancer free soon.

3 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

I hear stage 3 colon cancer? Don't want produce fake news.........good luck Mark. What a gang.

20190517_171638.thumb.jpg.4f887daeb201a0aaaf8ded2122c50578.jpg

Looks like he is going to Fox Chase Cancer Center which is an excellent decision.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:
lW31qU_D_normal.jpeg

Rich Cimini

An update from #Jets legend Mark Gastineau, who is battling colon cancer: Completed his 15th radiation treatment yesterday in Philly (see: Eagles plaque). Last treatment on June 21. Godspeed.

Do a sack dance on that f-cking disease .

• Upvote 1

Seeing Mark on this recent photo is humbling.  Mark in his prime was a freak physical specimen. Ran a 4.4 forty yard dash, and made average NFL offensive linemen look silly.

Just points out the fact that at some point in our lives, we will all be frail and dependent on others.

I wish only the best for Mr. Gastineau!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

the more I look at the Cleveland video, the more I think ark got jobbed. The defensive back blitzing was the one who hit Kosar, but Mark got called for the penalty. It wasn't him. Not that it matters now but he got screwed over that day, and in life with colon cancer. Wish him all the best for a full and speedy recovery!