At least we’re not the Knicks

I don’t follow the draft, haven’t really watch the nba in 15 years maybe 20. But didn’t they change the draft lottery this year? I remember reading that if they used last years strategy the knicks would’ve had a much better shot at the 1st pick or am I making this up

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I don’t follow the draft, haven’t really watch the nba in 15 years maybe 20. But didn’t they change the draft lottery this year? I remember reading that if they used last years strategy the knicks would’ve had a much better shot at the 1st pick or am I making this up

Yup, the NBA screwed us.

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Zion obviously #1 but the draft is 3 deep. The Knicks will get a stud in Morant or Barrett.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Morant will go 2, Barrett 3. Knicks just have the worst luck. I remember the draft Steph Curry came out. Was out of my mind he was there and the Warriors pick him right in front of us. Only Knicks.

16 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Morant will go 2, Barrett 3. Knicks just have the worst luck. I remember the draft Steph Curry came out. Was out of my mind he was there and the Warriors pick him right in front of us. Only Knicks.

Yeah there’s a huge gap between Morent and Barrett. I wouldn’t take Barrett at 3.

Third overall pick worked out for us 

Maybe they package that #3 to the Pels for AD. But everybody is saying that KD and Kyrie are a lock to the Knicks. Put RJ Barrett at SG.  

PG: kyrie irving 

SG RJ Barrett

SF: Kevin Knox

PF: KD

C : Mitchell Robinson

top bench: Dennis Smith jr, frank nkitilinka

- thats solid AF, easily the best knicks team since Ewing and maybe ever

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There’s a big drop off between Morant and Barrett. Zion and Morant are exciting and have unique skillsets. Barrett is kind of meh by comparison.

I don’t think he’s anything special offensively, saw him miss a key free throw with their last game on the line.

The best NBA talent was 2 deep in this draft, it’s poetic that the Knicks land the 3rd pick

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

Third overall pick worked out for us 

Maybe they package that #3 to the Pels for AD. But everybody is saying that KD and Kyrie are a lock to the Knicks. Put RJ Barrett at SG.  

PG: kyrie irving 

SG RJ Barrett

SF: Kevin Knox

PF: KD

C : Mitchell Robinson

top bench: Dennis Smith jr, frank nkitilinka

- thats solid AF, easily the best knicks team since Ewing and maybe ever

You've heard of things that existed in the early seventies, yes?

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I don’t think he’s anything special offensively, saw him miss a key free throw with their last game on the line.

The best NBA talent was 2 deep in this draft, it’s poetic that the Knicks land the 3rd pick

Yep.  Coach K turned to Barrett, not Zion, in crunch time again and again.  And Barrett was something like 0/9 from the field in those situations.  And I don't get why he projects to be a shooting guard coming off a season where he shot .308 from the perimeter despite tons of open looks provided by Zion. 

He's a worthy # 3 pick but he's not a special talent like Zion or Morant. 

Most Knick fans are not very good at math.  The way the odds were stacked, we were very fortunate to get a top 3 pick in a three person draft.  14% chance of the number 1 pick is basically a 1 in 8 chance or the same chance as a starting pitcher getting a hit in a big spot in a national league baseball game.

31 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zions game doesnt translate well to the nba.   

Seriously?  In an era of "positionless basketball", where a 280 lbs. guy has the handles of a top-end PG, Zion isn't a match for the NBA?  Zion's skills are absolutely what the NBA looks for.  He'll probably lose some weight to get down to 265 or 260 and end up a point-forward rather than a point-center. 

Barrett is a shooting guard who can't make 3's.  Good luck with that. 

• Upvote 1