At least we’re not the Knicks

6 minutes ago, Stonehands said:

Most Knick fans are not very good at math.  The way the odds were stacked, we were very fortunate to get a top 3 pick in a three person draft.  14% chance of the number 1 pick is basically a 1 in 8 chance or the same chance as a starting pitcher getting a hit in a big spot in a national league baseball game. 

Doesn't work quite like that.  Their chances of getting # 1 were the highest of any pick in the 1-4 range.  And they were guaranteed to get no lower than 5th.  It only works out to "1/8" because the chances of getting # 5 were quite high. 

https://nypost.com/2019/05/14/nba-draft-lottery-odds-2019-knicks-chances-at-landing-no-1-pick/

The New York Knicks take a 14 percent chance into Tuesday night’s lottery,

The Knicks cannot do any worse than the No. 5 pick. Their odds of getting the No. 2 pick are 13.4 percent, 12.7 percent for No. 3, 11.9 percent for No. 4 and 47.9 percent for the fifth pick.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Coach K turned to Barrett, not Zion, in crunch time again and again.  And Barrett was something like 0/9 from the field in those situations.  And I don't get why he projects to be a shooting guard coming off a season where he shot .308 from the perimeter despite tons of open looks provided by Zion. 

He's a worthy # 3 pick but he's not a special talent like Zion or Morant. 

Barrett fits right in nicely with the long list of Knicks wings that like to shoot a lot but cant really shoot.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Doesn't work quite like that.  Their chances of getting # 1 were the highest of any pick in the 1-4 range.  And they were guaranteed to get no lower than 5th.  It only works out to "1/8" because the chances of getting # 5 were quite high. 

https://nypost.com/2019/05/14/nba-draft-lottery-odds-2019-knicks-chances-at-landing-no-1-pick/

disagree.  the knicks had a 60% shot of getting the 4th or 5th pick, so they 'beat' the odds.  

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Will it be more or less hurtful when the Lakers send the #4 and all their sh*tty meth-head forwards to New Orleans for Anthony Davis? 

Better chance that the Knicks trade Barrett to NO for Davis.  

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seriously?  In an era of "positionless basketball", where a 280 lbs. guy has the handles of a top-end PG, Zion isn't a match for the NBA?  Zion's skills are absolutely what the NBA looks for.  He'll probably lose some weight to get down to 265 or 260 and end up a point-forward rather than a point-center. 

Barrett is a shooting guard who can't make 3's.  Good luck with that. 

How about that all star PG Ben Simmons who has never made a 3 pointer

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seriously?  In an era of "positionless basketball", where a 280 lbs. guy has the handles of a top-end PG, Zion isn't a match for the NBA?  Zion's skills are absolutely what the NBA looks for.  He'll probably lose some weight to get down to 265 or 260 and end up a point-forward rather than a point-center. 

Barrett is a shooting guard who can't make 3's.  Good luck with that. 

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Ben Simmons is a 6-10 monster with some of the best handles in the league.  And even he hasn't been immune to the downside of being unable to shoot.  He was mostly awful in the postseason this year. 

Barrett is a 6-7 wing who can't exactly punish guys at the rim like Simmons can.  Very different skillset and not at all a good comparison to Simmons. 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually the one crewed was Zion.  

He would have been huge in NYC.

Agree, NYC would have been great for him, but he is far from being screwed. He will make more money after going to one year of college than the majority of the kids who graduate in the top 10% of Ivy league schools will in their lifetimes.

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Agree, NYC would have been great for him, but he is far from being screwed. He will make more money after going to one year of college than the majority of the kids who graduate in the top 10% of Ivy league schools will in their lifetimes.

Agree, he'll get the same contract that he would have gotten from the Knicks or any other team.  I'm talking more stardom.

His body language, the look on his face, while not over the top distaste sure said I didnt consider NO as a landing spot.

56 minutes ago, section314 said:

The kid from UVA who scored 30 in the title game.

Morant or Barret may be a better fit depending on who the Knicks sign in FA. Durant and Irving are there for the taking.  Or the Knicks could trade out for Anthony Davis as a last resort. will be interesting to say the least.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

Morant or Barret may be a better fit depending on who the Knicks sign in FA. Durant and Irving are there for the taking.  Or the Knicks could trade out for Anthony Davis as a last resort. will be interesting to say the least.

KD in a heartbeat. Would not want Irving within 1000 miles of my team.

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree, he'll get the same contract that he would have gotten from the Knicks or any other team.  I'm talking more stardom.

His body language, the look on his face, while not over the top distaste sure said I didnt consider NO as a landing spot.

I agree. And he sounded almost confused when they interviewed him.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, section314 said:

KD in a heartbeat. Would not want Irving within 1000 miles of my team.

:mellow:  Why not Irving. He's a dynamic guard.  The guy they took #1 from France has been a total bust.  This team needs a point guard desperately.

• 3 weeks later...

Word is the Cavs covet Barrett and would love to deal for the #3 pick.  They want to move up from #5.  Fleece them for it.

I also want no part of Kyrie "Flat Earth" Irving.  Dude is no doubt talented, but a headcase full of himself. I hope the rumor that he will choose between the Nets and Lakers is true. I'd rather try for Kemba Walker as a sidekick for Durant.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:54 AM, T0mShane said:

Will it be more or less hurtful when the Lakers send the #4 and all their sh*tty meth-head forwards to New Orleans for Anthony Davis? 

Lonzo and Cam Reddish for Anthony Davis? Sounds like a really fair trade...for me to poop on

On 6/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, TheClashFan said:

Word is the Cavs covet Barrett and would love to deal for the #3 pick.  They want to move up from #5.  Fleece them for it.

I also want no part of Kyrie "Flat Earth" Irving.  Dude is no doubt talented, but a headcase full of himself. I hope the rumor that he will choose between the Nets and Lakers is true. I'd rather try for Kemba Walker as a sidekick for Durant.

Kyrie and KD are a package deal.  I agree with your criticism of Kyrie but if he comes with Durant we gotta take it 

• Upvote 1

On 5/15/2019 at 9:49 AM, Wonderboy said:

I want Barrett.  I think he’s going to be an excellent nba wing basically a better version of Demar Derozan

DO NOT TRADE DOWN 

15 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I, for one, am shocked that Kevin Durant will not sign with the Knicks.  What superstar that isn't signing in New York are they going to hinge all their plans until the 2020 offseason? 

All these guys are wusses

22 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I, for one, am shocked that Kevin Durant will not sign with the Knicks.  What superstar that isn't signing in New York are they going to hinge all their plans until the 2020 offseason? 

Knicks hitting their stride in unison with the lottery changes. This will be the worst team in basketball for the next 3 years minimum. 

22 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Knicks hitting their stride in unison with the lottery changes. This will be the worst team in basketball for the next 3 years minimum. 

It's almost like ownership makes NYC an undesirable landing spot for free agents.  idk though.  just a hunch.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:51 AM, Matt39 said:

Barrett fits right in nicely with the long list of Knicks wings that like to shoot a lot but cant really shoot.

With DSJ, Knox, Barrett, and cap space, there's a good chance 2019 is going to be the Knicksiest lineup since that time Starbury and Stevie Franchise got in a fistfight over the ball at midcourt and Carmelo came out of nowhere and stole the ball and tried to throw it in a trash can and missed.

• Haha 1

I think we're looking at the real possibility that the Knicks some up empty this offseason.  AD to the Lakers.  KD is damaged goods.  Irving probably going to the Nets.  Leonard probably not a fit to the Knicks.  That will leave us throwing our max contracts at lesser players, possibly far lesser players, and watching Dolan try to spin it.  Now a rumor is going that NO might try to trade up to 2 to get Barrett.

At least there are some things you can always count on.  The Jets may have a capable FQB, HC and GM now, which is very unsettling, but the Knicks still suck and will continue to do so as long as Dolan is around.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I think we're looking at the real possibility that the Knicks some up empty this offseason.  AD to the Lakers.  KD is damaged goods.  Irving probably going to the Nets.  Leonard probably not a fit to the Knicks.  That will leave us throwing our max contracts at lesser players, possibly far lesser players, and watching Dolan try to spin it.  Now a rumor is going that NO might try to trade up to 2 to get Barrett.

At least there are some things you can always count on.  The Jets may have a capable FQB, HC and GM now, which is very unsettling, but the Knicks still suck and will continue to do so as long as Dolan is around.

Just draft RJB.  Do not take Garland he has a nice shot and dribble but RJ is the guy

Durant getting injured ended the free agency season.  Knicks dodged a bullet not trading 5 first round picks including RJ for AD

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

That would be great news for Knicks fans.  Run to the podium and take Ja Morant. 

Doesn't matter that you already have 3 PG's on the depth cart.  Morant is a special talent.  Smith, Ntilikina and Mudiay are not. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

That would be great news for Knicks fans.  Run to the podium and take Ja Morant. 

The Grizzlies just traded Conley so they are picking Morant. It's pretty much a definite that the Knicks are taking RJ(ugh). Unless any of this Garland smoke is real.