MCGAHEE2121

Leveon bell represents everything the jets have done wrong in tje past

1 minute ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Whos smarter? The jets fo or steelers?

The Steelers tried to give Bell an even larger deal than the Jets did

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Not in guaranteed money and bell was 2 years younger... Plus its obvious they were never gonna sign him long term. Thats ehy they low balled him and never backed off the franchise tag

Try again.

Not to mention its still stupid to not have rbs on their rookie contract and then let them go.

It was last year, so he was one year younger. The offfer was 5/70 with 33 million guaranteed paid out over the first 2 years, and 45 paid out over the first 3 years (unclear how much of that 3rd year was guaranteed). The Jets paid him 4/52 with 26 million guaranteed paid out over the first two years and zero guaranteed after that. So the Jets got Bell to sign for substantially less than the Steelers “lowball offer”.

Try again.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

From what i read they only guaranteed the 1st year...

Its a moot point because the guaranteed money was substantially less than the market....

They did that on purpose because they never had any urgency in signing him because of the reasons i already stated.

Regardless even if the steelers were to give him that contract it would still be insanely retarded

Try again jackass

Off to a hot start with the personal attacks.

But sure, let’s keep breaking down your logic. Your initial premise that I quoted was that the Bell signing was a bad move because the Steelers front office is smarter than the Jets and the Steelers didn’t offer Bell a long term deal. Except they did offer him a long term deal, with a higher AAV, and more money paid out over the first few years of the deal (see here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-reportedly-turned-down-a-monstrous-70-million-deal-from-the-steelers/amp/ ).

You then claim that this offer was so below market value that they knew Bell would never sign it. The flaws here are: 1. You cite nothing to back up that contention and 2. The offer clearly was not below market value as Bell signed for far less the following offseason. Given that the deal was actually above market value, what would have happened if Bell accepted rather than gambled? Would be a pretty dumb way to conduct business, don’t you think?

Your next point is that if the Steelers gave him that contract it would be “insanely retarded”. Maybe so. Problem is, they did offer him that contract, which negates your original premise that the Bell signing was dumb because the Steelers never offered him a long term deal.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

The original premise was the idiocy of the signing.

So youre wrong there...

The gurley contract and was way above bells in guaranteed money. So they did lowball him. So youre second pt is wrong.

The jets paid more in guaranteed money and overall ( its 61 mil/4yrs). So ypur 3rd pt is wrong.

All this is moot as i already stated because AGAIN the syeelers didnt sign him. The idiotic jets did which was my original point. Good lord get it together

The original premise of our “discussion”, which began as I said with the post of yours I originally quoted, was that the Steelers never offered Bell a long term contract. That’s been the entire whole of our conversation. I could go into your first post here, which is similarly flawed, but others have already done that and frankly it’s pretty clear that you aren’t here in good faith so I’m not sure what the point is.

Moving on, just because they didn’t offer him the most guaranteed money of any RB does not mean that they lowballed him. Obviously Bell thought he could get more on the open market. He couldn’t. So the Steelers offer to him was actually more than the rest of the market offered him. It’s a pretty simple concept.

As for the contract details, it’s only 4/61 if he hits every incentive in his deal, which includes winning league MVP. If Bell wins the league MVP 4 times, I think even you would agree the signing was far from a mistake. So let’s stick with the more likely number, which is 4/52, with 26 guaranteed, all in the first two years. Again, the Steelers offer was 5/70, with 33 guaranteed.

The one thing you are right about is that this is moot. The whole conversation is premised on the idea that the Steelers never tried to sign Bell long term when they clearly did.

There’s legitimate reasons to dislike the Bell signing. The Steelers letting him go isn’t one of them, but by all means continue doubling down.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company