MCGAHEE2121

Leveon bell represents everything the jets have done wrong in tje past

Its obvious the nfl has moved to rb by committee for obvious reason. Short career. The position has the highest injury risk. And the position is overly dependent on oline competency and quality qb play to take the 8th man out of the box. What do the jets do??? The pay 60 million to a rb ( where most plateau at 27-28 and ) , and not only that. They pick the biggest asshat and selfish cancer they can find in bell. 

You would think after getting millions after sitting out you'd want to be a leader ,meet your teammates and just do the normal damn thing... Nope he gives the finger to the jets and our joke of a gm...

We could have signed a couple more stud olineman but nope. Just like passing on marino and sapp we find a way to avoid common sense. Mark my words the obj trade and bell singing will be a disaster.

We just dont " get it" 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 5
  • Butt Fumble 18

Just now, Rolloffjet said:

Yea bad idea to sign top 3 rb in league. And a great safety target for Sam to keep drives alive.

Give me two stud olineman and whoever for our 3rbs... Its beyond incompetent. And bell is NOT a top 3 rb. Thats a joke. He had a great qb and oline in pitt

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 3

7 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Its obvious the nfl has moved to rb by committee for obvious reason. Short career. The position has the highest injury risk. And the position is overly dependent on oline competency and quality qb play to take the 8th man out of the box. What do the jets do??? The pay 60 million to a rb ( where most plateau at 27-28 and ) , and not only that. They pick the biggest asshat and selfish cancer they can find in bell. 

You would think after getting millions after sitting out you'd want to be a leader ,meet your teammates and just do the normal damn thing... Nope he gives the finger to the jets and our joke of a gm...

We could have signed a couple more stud olineman but nope. Just like passing on marino and sapp we find a way to avoid common sense. Mark my words the obj trade and bell singing will be a disaster.

We just dont " get it" 

71011688.jpg

• Upvote 4

We just dont " get it" 

Great 5 posts Giants fan!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Whos smarter? The jets fo or steelers?

The Steelers tried to give Bell an even larger deal than the Jets did

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

The Steelers tried to give Bell an even larger deal than the Jets did

Not in guaranteed money and bell was 2 years younger... Plus its obvious they were never gonna sign him long term. Thats ehy they low balled him and never backed off the franchise tag

Try again.

Not to mention its still stupid to not have rbs on their rookie contract and then let them go.

IDIOT!!!!.... and I don't mean Bell....it the Jets.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There are better things to complain about.  After watching  Crowell  wipe his ass with a football last year anything was going to be an improvement.  We just so happened to get a multiple Pro Bowler and one of the most productive RBs in recent NFL history.  I'll take it.

So glad he is gone and glad he blew out his achilles.

• Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Just now, DJF71 said:

Well, I agree with one of those two things.  :rolleyes:

We just dont " get it" 

Who are these “stud olinemen” who were available? There were not any available and they are not generally available. And Paradis (coming off an injury) made clear that he would not play in New York.

And Bell is not just any RB. His numbers compare favorably to Jim Brown and other all-time greats. People use running backs by committee because they don’t have RBs like Bell.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Lol you use that money for two pro bowl olineman plys the trade for osomele and you roll with McGuire, a rookie, ty and jail moore...

Bell is not a breakaway threat, hes not marshall faulk and style depends heavily on great oline play.

Its incompetence and a panic move like most by our gm

• Confused 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

5 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Not in guaranteed money and bell was 2 years younger... Plus its obvious they were never gonna sign him long term. Thats ehy they low balled him and never backed off the franchise tag

Try again.

Not to mention its still stupid to not have rbs on their rookie contract and then let them go.

It was last year, so he was one year younger. The offfer was 5/70 with 33 million guaranteed paid out over the first 2 years, and 45 paid out over the first 3 years (unclear how much of that 3rd year was guaranteed). The Jets paid him 4/52 with 26 million guaranteed paid out over the first two years and zero guaranteed after that. So the Jets got Bell to sign for substantially less than the Steelers “lowball offer”.

Try again.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

Who are these “stud olinemen” who were available?There were not any available and are not generally generally available. And Paradis (coming off an injury) made clear that he would not play in New York.

And Bell is not just any RB. His numbers compare favorably to Jim Brown and other all-time greats. People use running backs by committee because they don’t have RBs like Bell.

His numbers are like connor and the other rbs in Pitt for the past 15 yrs

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

It was last year, so he was one year younger. The offfer was 5/70 with 33 million guaranteed paid out over the first 2 years, and 45 paid out over the first 3 years (unclear how much of that 3rd year was guaranteed). The Jets paid him 4/52 with 26 million guaranteed paid out over the first two years and zero guaranteed after that. So the Jets got Bell to sign for substantially less than the Steelers “lowball offer”.

Try again.

From what i read they only guaranteed the 1st year...

Its a moot point because the guaranteed money was substantially less than the market....

They did that on purpose because they never had any urgency in signing him because of the reasons i already stated.

Regardless even if the steelers were to give him that contract it would still be insanely retarded

Try again jackass

• Butt Fumble 1

5 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Who are these “stud olinemen” who were available?There were not any available and are not generally generally available. And Paradis (coming off an injury) made clear that he would not play in New York.

Paradis not wanting to come here supports that the jets fo is incompetent. Not competent

Bell is insanely overrated but he’s a better back than Crowell and even with his bs should still have a good season for us

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

He didn’t want to play in a big city. Don’t make stuff up.

You buy that pc line lol

Just like elway didnt want to play in the cold and just like barr loves our fo

Wake up man

I'll take bored disgruntled Jet fan creating an alt and posting a hot take for $1000, Alex.

• Like 3

Give me two stud olineman and whoever for our 3rbs... Its beyond incompetent. And bell is NOT a top 3 rb. Thats a joke. He had a great qb and oline in pitt

You still haven’t told us who these stud lineman are. Paradis was such a stud that he was coming off an injury and the broncos gave up on him. Who else did you have in mind?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

From what i read they only guaranteed the 1st year...

Its a moot point because the guaranteed money was substantially less than the market....

They did that on purpose because they never had any urgency in signing him because of the reasons i already stated.

Regardless even if the steelers were to give him that contract it would still be insanely retarded

Try again jackass

Off to a hot start with the personal attacks.

But sure, let’s keep breaking down your logic. Your initial premise that I quoted was that the Bell signing was a bad move because the Steelers front office is smarter than the Jets and the Steelers didn’t offer Bell a long term deal. Except they did offer him a long term deal, with a higher AAV, and more money paid out over the first few years of the deal (see here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-reportedly-turned-down-a-monstrous-70-million-deal-from-the-steelers/amp/ ).

You then claim that this offer was so below market value that they knew Bell would never sign it. The flaws here are: 1. You cite nothing to back up that contention and 2. The offer clearly was not below market value as Bell signed for far less the following offseason. Given that the deal was actually above market value, what would have happened if Bell accepted rather than gambled? Would be a pretty dumb way to conduct business, don’t you think?

Your next point is that if the Steelers gave him that contract it would be “insanely retarded”. Maybe so. Problem is, they did offer him that contract, which negates your original premise that the Bell signing was dumb because the Steelers never offered him a long term deal.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Off to a hot start with the personal attacks.

But sure, let’s keep breaking down your logic. Your initial premise that I quoted was that the Bell signing was a bad move because the Steelers front office is smarter than the Jets and the Steelers didn’t offer Bell a long term deal. Except they did offer him a long term deal, with a higher AAV, and more money paid out over the first few years of the deal (see here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-reportedly-turned-down-a-monstrous-70-million-deal-from-the-steelers/amp/ ).

You then claim that this offer was so below market value that they knew Bell would never sign it. The flaws here are: 1. You cite nothing to back up that contention and 2. The offer clearly was not below market value as Bell signed for far less the following offseason. Given that the deal was actually above market value, what would have happened if Bell accepted rather than gambled? Would be a pretty dumb way to conduct business, don’t you think?

Your next point is that if the Steelers gave him that contract it would be “insanely retarded”. Maybe so. Problem is, they did offer him that contract, which negates your original premise that the Bell signing was dumb because the Steelers never offered him a long term deal.

The original premise was the idiocy of the signing.

So youre wrong there...

The gurley contract and was way above bells in guaranteed money. So they did lowball him. So youre second pt is wrong.

The jets paid more in guaranteed money and overall ( its 61 mil/4yrs). So ypur 3rd pt is wrong.

All this is moot as i already stated because AGAIN the syeelers didnt sign him. The idiotic jets did which was my original point. Good lord get it together

• Post of the Week 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

18 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

You still haven’t told us who these stud lineman are. Paradis was such a stud that he was coming off an injury and the broncos gave up on him. Who else did you have in mind?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/offensive-line/

Google is your friend...

Since you apparently don’t understand, pc stands for politically correct. How does that apply here? It does not. And your thread title contains the word “tje,” which, as far as I know, is not really a word.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Since you apparently don’t understand, pc stands for politically correct. How does that apply here? It does not. And your thread title contains the word “tje,” which, as far as I know, is not really a word.

Paradis giving the big city line was pc and bs... If you cant understand that im.assuming u think barr was lying? 

You cant be this dumb