Was Josh Allen( qb buffalo) the right pick at 3?

5 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Because you can check it down a million times like darnold and have 70% comp %

Or you could throw a sh*t tons of passes past 15 yds like allen but be at 55%

Or you could be proficient in a west coast offense and hit 70 % but it would be more indicative of proficiency and reading a defense 

Or it can be a combination

This is why you have to eatch the game

Not just quote stats like an idiot

Except Darnold had the most 20+ yard touchdowns in the NFL this season. So how did he check down all the time considering that stat?

Just because you throw a “sh*t ton of passes over 15 yards” doesn’t give you an excuse to only hit on 55% of them. 

What kind of ass-backwards logic is that? I’ll tell you what kind, the kind of logic a delusional Bills fan uses to justify his QB’s rookie season play instead of growing a pair and admitting where his deficiencies are.

quoting stats to support my claims isn’t being an idiot.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Except Darnold had the most 20+ yard touchdowns in the NFL this season. So how did he check down all the time considering that stat?

Just because you throw a “sh*t ton of passes over 15 yards” doesn’t give you an excuse to only hit on 55% of them. 

What kind of ass-backwards logic is that? I’ll tell you what kind, the kind of logic a delusional Bills fan uses to justify his QB’s rookie season play instead of growing a pair and admitting where his deficiencies are.

I gave you a logical argument on where comp % and yes ypa can be deceiving. You ignored those facts like an insecure moron

Not sure what else to tell you. I like our qb darnold. But i dont see the special qualities like allen. I see alex smith at best...

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Touchdowns 17 compared to how many attempts ?

Take a stats class u need it bad

7 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Because you can check it down a million times like darnold and have 70% comp %

Or you could throw a sh*t tons of passes past 15 yds like allen but be at 55%

Or you could be proficient in a west coast offense and hit 70 % but it would be more indicative of proficiency and reading a defense 

Or it can be a combination

This is why you have to eatch the game

Not just quote stats like an idiot

Pretty stupid to call people who know more about your QB than you do idiots.  Then again you're a Jills fan.  Are you in the gay "Bills Mafia" too? I'm thinking since you can't spell "the" you must be.

2 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

I gave you a logical argument on where comp % and yes ypa can be deceiving. You ignored those facts like an insecure moron

Not sure what else to tell you. I like our qb darnold. But i dont see the special qualities like allen. I see alex smith at best...

Logical argument? Oh okay. Why didn’t you say so.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

You never tried to explain the deficiencies of YPA.  In fact, you literally, used YPA to try and make an argument.

Nice attempt to spin it as a flawed stat (with zero evidence) now that I've called you out on it.

@ me you goober.  I want a turn.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Less YPA than Darnold

Less YPG than Darnold

Higher INT rate than Darnold(WITH less attempts than Darnold)

Less QB Rating than Darnold

What am I missing here that makes Josh Allen the superior QB?

The buffalo bills fandom in your heart.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Yes...for starting four troll threads in a matter of minutes.  I hid the others.  

No need to explain. He needed it. I was just making sure.

he definitely was a Buffalo fan. The thread you just hid was titled “Buffalo is going to stomp you” and inside the OP, he cussed us out and all that great stuff lol.

what a puss. You pretend to be a Jets fan for like 3 hours just to make yourself feel better about your teams players. 

I hope you jackasses never do that no matter how poor our roster seems lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

he definitely was a Buffalo fan. The thread you just hid was titled “Buffalo is going to stomp you” and inside the OP, he cussed us out and all that great stuff lol.

what a puss. You pretend to be a Jets fan for like 3 hours just to make yourself feel better about your teams players. 

Oh, I might have accidentally deleted that particular thread...on purpose.  All these shiny buttons and knobs....accidents happen.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don't even hate Allen with the passion I expressed in this thread.

This though.  This I hate.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don't even hate Allen with the passion I expressed in this thread.

This though.  This I hate.

I don’t even think about Allen or the Bills when I think about rivalry lol. What am I suppose to be worried about? Who sucks less out of the Jets or Bills?

Never liked his game, never wanted him and honestly I was terrified that we’d pick him for that reason alone.

Bills fans didn’t get the guy they’d like to believe that they got. I don’t care about upside and I think the word upside is lazy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

What did darnold show last year that was pro quality. Honestly im worried we got it wrong possibly

He showed that he can hit EVERY throw at varying speeds.  He whipped an out route against Denver that looked like it came out of the barrel lol of a gun, Brian Baldinger called it a real “big boy throw”.  I realize that he can’t throw a ball 90 yards in the air like Allen, he has lots of company. But his arm is also very strong, clocked at around 60 mph.

He has an innate ability to feel the rush in the pocket and he also is said to have a “spatial recognition” capacity reading the field like a computer would and “throwing a receiver open” ie when he is “in the zone” he is unstoppable.

He is “The Natural”.  Tony Romo said within a few years he is going to be the #1 QB in the league the “next Peyton Manning”.  He said that BEFORE Darnold played a real game with bullets flying.

Looking on a long term time horizon the ONLY QB in the NFL I’d rather have over Darnold is Patrick Mahomes.

Josh Allen has a cannon for an arm and is a good athlete taking off with the ball (although it’s very dangerous what he does), he has a long way to go before he can read a defense like Darnold, and he never will.  He had trouble reading Division 3 D’s at Wyoming.

Not saying he won’t thrill you by hitting some bombs, but I think he’ll let you down a lot more over his career.

Allen over Darnold?  I don’t think it’s close.

JJ Watt told Darnold, after he almost singlehandedly took down Houston’s top ranked D said “you’re going to be a GREAT PRO”...but what does he know? 

4 hours ago, MCGAHEE2121 said:

Did u actually watch the games? Allen was way more accurate. Darnold was captain checkdown. I like darnold and his proficiency but he screams ordinary

Allen looks elite. Almost trevor lawrence like but was from a smaller school

lol This is just stupid. 

• Upvote 1

I actually liked Allen more than Darnold, Mayfield, and Rosen coming out and I still think he could be  the best of the bunch.

That said even the biggest Bills homer will admit that Allen is somewhat of a project. I have little faith in the Jets being the franchise that could develop him to his full potential. 

It’s also hard to compre their rookie seasons. Both have a long way to go, but the Jets clearly put a lot more on Darnolds plate than the Bills did with Allen. They both played in the same number of games and Darnold attempted almost 100 more passes. 

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

the only QB’s you should be comparing are Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield. They were the two best last season.

Statistically Darnold and Allen are a far closer comparison than Darnold and Baker, and when you drift into the yea but did you watch the games sh*t you sound like the op. Allen even played better after missing weeks with injury.

Note: I prefer Darnold to Allen and think hes a better player, just think it's funny you are goofing on the OP while echoing his POV in the same thread.