4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

SNY tweeted it,

Hmmm.  No one else seems to have it yet.

Edit:  I stand corrected.

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Although it proves Chris Johnson to be even more mind-numbingly stupid than Woody, considering he didn't know enough to make this call 4 months ago, but realizes it's so bad he can't even keep this guy on the team even after he's done all of the most important parts of his job this year.

I'm guessing all it took was having Gase whispering in his ear every day.  There will always be this problem when the coach does not report to the GM.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Didn’t Manish say this rumor was BS?  Another feather in his cap.  

Now that he has no one on the inside he will probably go back to snarky Manish.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I'm done with this team.  This has to be the worst move in franchise history, if for no other reason than timing.  It makes no sense whatsoever.  I thought there was hope with Chris Johnson but clearly there isn't any hope.  The clown show is back in town!

Who is Gase going to argue with now???  Himself???  If Greg Williams argues, Gase will just fire him.  I'm truly speechless.

Did you forget about the new uniforms?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s going to be Joe Douglas, whom Gase wants. This release is just to make it look like they didn’t knife Maccagnan to bring in the coach’s guy

I don't know the Philly guy.  We need to hire a guy who has a history of being involved in some good drafts.  Neither Idzik or Macc had this on their resume and we hired them anyway.  Let's get it right this time!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is bad news for leveon bell.

This was a huge point of friction btwn gase and mac.  Gase does not want players like bell. He made that clear in miami.

Bell tells mac anything he wants to hear b4 signing the contract.  Mac tells gase,”Adam, he gave me his word.  He is even going to show for the involuntary stuff.”

Bell no shows.  Gase furious.  Mac pathetic.

Bell is too good a player for this forced marriage not to work, at least for the short term.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Philly drafts (and this may or may not represent Douglas) are ok.They are some good and bad (line everyone else). Not afraid to take risks.

The manage the cap very, very effectively. They play the compensation game extremely smartly.

That is a quick thumbnail.

And more of an emphasis on OL, it seems.

12 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

Any chance we can convince Peyton to come be our GM?  I would be DOWN for that. 

Umm, no thanks.

12 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

We have said that Macs drafts have been historically poor the exception of perhaps last year and hopefully this year.   I have no problem with him being fired, now they can bring a GM who is on the same page as the HC.   

You really can't make as many bad draft picks as he has and be around for the long term.  But can we get it right this time, please?

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  And he is starting to go after them.

Who the hell cares what Manish thinks.  How long can you keep a guy around who is that bad at drafting?  He's just pissed because it was the first time ever anyone on the inside would talk to him.  Now he can go back to bashing their every move.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Interesting.  I'm guessing they had an ugly rift about their trade down options.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

So has anyone alerted Casserly and Wolf to have them get geared up for new search?

They should give back whatever the Jets paid them.  Although I will remain grateful to this front office for getting us Darnold.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company