1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Why let him spend $100m and draft then fire him? Backwards organization 

Had to be the plan was to keep him but the he and Gase clashed.  Just my guess.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gase being the gm is worse then keeping mac.  My goodness.

Just temporary. I hope they bring in a legit GM.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I would have no problem with this Duo...in fact I hope it's the case. 

Gase likes Douglas, Douglas and Jeremiah have a close relationship. 

For the first time in quite a while you will have a functional and competent front office.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

The only way that this is a good move is if we upgrade GM with Douglas. Otherwise, this is a disaster and incredibly bad timing.

Correct.

And if we hire Douglas it likely means this was already a done deal, Gase was essentially part of the decision and the move wasn't nearly as dysfunctional as it originally seemed.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the duplicity here is that if the jets had fired mccagnan when they fired bowles nobody around the nfl would care, b/c that's when everyone else was being fired.  now all of a sudden it's a big story, even though mccagnan has been rumored to be on the 'hot seat' since the season ended, and he was recently voted one of the worst gms in the league.

Yes, this is true - but he was fired for all the wrong reasons.  

Firing him with Bowles would have been the right move.  You don't let a guy spend $100+mm and run a draft with #3 overall - if you didn't have faith in him.

CJ didn't fire him for incompetence - he was fired because Gase bullied him into it. 

And that's the problem here.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

CJ fired him because Gase finally convinced CJ that Maccagnan is terrible at his job. 

I don't care how it happened.  It happened.  And its good that it happened now rather than later. 

Mac going is a good thing - even putting the fact that I think Gase is a disaster aside. 

My true and long term concern is CJ has no F-in idea what he's doing - and the way he handled this situation makes that unquestionable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The national media is going to be anti-Jet now as they're overwhelmingly pro-player (Le'veon) and anti type A guys without the resume to back it up. A 180 turn in spotlight from Mac and Bowles, where the Jets were irrelevant. 

If the Jets show some life, win some  early games, make playoff push -  the media will LOVE this story...

But if they start out slow - look out. The media will be ready to pounce at first blood.

They better start out fast or it can get ugly very quickly.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

CJ definitely has no clue what he's doing, which is why it was high time someone else gets handed the power, even if he's a lunatic like Adam Gase. 

I didn't really look at it this way - but it does make me feel better.

As crazy as Gase might be it's better having him in charge than Chris.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company