1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is bad news for leveon bell.

This was a huge point of friction btwn gase and mac.  Gase does not want players like bell. He made that clear in miami.

Bell tells mac anything he wants to hear b4 signing the contract.  Mac tells gase,”Adam, he gave me his word.  He is even going to show for the involuntary stuff.”

Bell no shows.  Gase furious.  Mac pathetic.

The issue was not with signing bell . It was what to pay bell . Gase realize we where bidding vs ourselves.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I dont have an issue with firing Mac. But Adam Gase is now going to be placed with a GM who didnt pick him AND you just let Mac spend 100m and run the draft. Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It looks  like the plan is to hire Gates friend the eagles . To be the gm

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If a contending team loses a rb, i could see bell being traded by midseason.

Jets are not eating a 25 million dead cap hit . U can stop the madness now .. bell will be here for 2 years atleast before we have a out . 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Cimini on 1050 spilling all the tea. HOO BOY. Highlights:

—Chris Johnson wanted Gase and got Maccagnan to go along with it, and they spun it to make it sound like Macc was more involved in the hire than he was.

—Gase DID NOT WANT Gregg Williams.

—Gase wanted the Browns job to the point that Peyton Manning called the Browns first. Jets were the fallback. 

Glad somebody saved Gase from himself probably would of tried to bring Matt Birk along  to be his DC. 1 trash assistant/ friend in loggins is enough 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

But the Jets ended up paying Bell fairly, at a market rate.  They didn't overpay IMO and they are really only tied to him for the first 2 years.  I think the 2020 or 2021 Draft is where the Jets find a RB replacement in Round 2 or 3.

Nvm you where right he didn’t want bell . Atleast according to manish just said .

I honestly don’t care Macc got fired . But this Gase power play is ridiculous. He hasn’t earn the right to have this kinda power ..

so as far as I’m concerned everything from now on good or bad falls on gase . I don’t even care who they hire as a GM. 

Atleast our players don’t seem concerned lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Jay Glazer is never wrong man.

Agreed never 

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So Manish is really upset that he was made to look a fool. Yikes.  Easy to see which side of the house was leaking to him.

he is mad His Source Macc is out . Guess it’s back to articles blasting the jets again 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Do we need a FIRE MANISH MEHTA thread? 

Manish got Gase levels of power . He a untouchable lol

5 minutes ago, jbt said:

what about Mel Kiper? 

I know this sarcasm but Kiper ain’t working like DJ. DJ working the high schools ranks, just as much as the college . At the very least you should get a few nice draft classes  first couple years with DJ.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

John Dorsey was fired in June 2017.  Its been done before.

guess it’s not that outlandish after all . 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I know one thing this power play just Confirms Gase is a very smart man as people say .. this kinda betrayal is top notch stuff lol 

So according to Connor Rogers  . The argument over Center was Gase didn’t want to invest in signing a Top Center. 

16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if gase didn't want to spend on bell or a center - then who?

He wanted Coleman .. lol kinda glad he only got his way 50% on this .. 

Manish Says Chris Johnson wanted bell obviously he gets the final decision Over everybody . 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company