Mac fired!

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Did Maccagnan get fired for incompetence or fired because the owner felt he couldnt immediately fire the coach he just hired? Im thinking the latter unfortunately. 

My guess is Gase gave them an ultimatum, either Mac goes or he goes. A lot harder to replace a HC at this point than a GM

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

How does Gase have to credibility to demand this?  He's done nothing. 

Even if he doesnt have the credibility, how the heck do you find a new HC this late. It would be a complete disaster.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

A bunch of the tweets keep mentioning that “something went down” between Maccagnan/Heimerdinger and Gase—it would be interesting to hear what exactly

who the heck knows with this crazy organization, such an embarrassment the way they do business

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jack48 said:

not embarassing. it has been done before

Yes, GM's have been fired after the draft, but I don't recall a situation where a HC was fired, GM was retained, who was brought in with original HC, new HC is hired with assistance of GM, and then a few months later GM was fired..... Maybe it has, but I don't recall it. I have no problem with the firing of Mac, should have been gone 2 years ago, and again this past end of season, the timing of this is insane.