I gotta defend the timing of Johnson's decision for a minute.

From CJ's perspective, a little over a year ago Mac pulled off the perhaps the most important trade and pick in Jets history. That move alone brought him at least a year. Franchise QB.

I feel like there was a plan going into this year's draft and Macc flat out blew it (maybe intentionally) in CJ and Gase's eyes. So do you ride it out another year knowing that you're going to fire him anyway or do you fix it now? I'm ok with better late than never.

Now making Gase the interim was really the dumb move and only adds fuel to the fire. Just keep Heimerdinger as the interim and fire him later if needed. Gase hasn't proven crap in this league and should never have a GM title attached to his name, temporary our not.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Our draft picks have been better since Heimerdinger was promoted.

Even so, I bet the Macc vs Heimerdinger rift was all about the pics Macc made (or didn't make) in this year's draft.

Is there anyone out there that could be a Coach/GM for us? I'd love to demote Gase to OC right about now after this sh*t show.

Hire Joe Douglas. What about the rift with Greg Williams? The fact that Gase doesnt want Bell? This is a full blown sh*t show dude.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
A good GM with leadership skills fixes this crap and gets everyone in line or else.

But if Douglas is already best buds with Gase then Greg Williams will be a one year hire at most.

Bart Scott for GM please!

Would love to see Gase try to yell at Bart like he did to the Dolphins GM lol

• Upvote 1

It just occurred to me that CJ is only in year 2 of being handed the keys to this job.

Makes sense that he just now is discovering what Macc really was or wasn't doing behind the scenes.

He has actually been more involved with this team from an operational standing than Woody ever was. Kudos to him for making a tough, controversial decision.

• Upvote 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company