3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Who the hell cares what Manish thinks.  How long can you keep a guy around who is that bad at drafting?  He's just pissed because it was the first time ever anyone on the inside would talk to him.  Now he can go back to bashing their every move.

Manish is angry that he just lost his #1 source.

• Upvote 4

This could also mean that Gase is safe after this year unless there is a total collapse. All he has to do is blame Mac for not giving him the pieces to win.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Right now, they are flying without a flight plan. All bets are off. Buckle your seatbelts.

I drink to that. This is gonna be fun. :) 

Only the jets could do this backwards. 

After all that money and another draft of BPA. Maybe Johnson watched some of those Draft videos showing other GMs being aggressive and organized and thought: "Wow, we are doing this all wrong."

Shame it had to take this long but I am just going to sit back and watch. 

I only wonder how Assitant GM President MAL is doing right now?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, choon328 said:

People keep asking "Why didn't the fire him in January. The answer is simple...Darnold.

When this off-season began Macc and Christopher Johnson had a press conference and both stated that the #1 goal for this off-season was to build around Darnold. In fact I'm sure that was the Organizational directive that everybody knew about and agreed upon. I'm sure that message was also reiterated to Gase before he accepted the head coaching position.  

Macc failed to live up to that directive. He went into the off-season with:

-Average WR's who are injury prone, added only Crowder

I like the Crowder signing but there are still way too many question marks about the WR group

-No quality RB, added Bell

-I was a big proponent of signing Bell. Who is his backup should he go down? They currently don't have a 1st/2nd down replacement. Montgomery/McGuire are the same player and are not 3 down backs

-Bottom 5 offensive line, added Osemele.

Big upgrade at LG, hole at Center with an unproven player. Both tackles are average and will be free agents after the year and Winters is average as well. He really screwed up the offensive line. This is the year the Jets needed to make substantial early investments in the offensive line and Macc failed.

Once Macc went against the agreed upon organizational philosophy Gase blew up. Not trading back from #3 was the last straw for the Gase/Macc relationship. The owner success with Gase bc keeping Gase is in the best interest of Darnold and Macc failed the organization. 

It's as simple as that.

The lack of Center, the Barr debacle with no clear edge rusher and taking BPA did him in again. We all knew Mac is Mac. Only the Jets would wait to let him do it all again before relieving him of his duties.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Weird, because today the Johnson's appear to me to be more competent than they were yesterday.  The decision came a couple years later than it should have, but at least they finally did it. 

It is true but incompetent because as you said "The decision came a couple years later than it should have."

Now we wait and see what they do this year with all of Mac's moves and how the team is under GM Gase until the replacement arrives.

11 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Hey wait a sec... shouldnt we be getting some Presmal tweets?

He just lost his Assistant GM position. I'm sure he is in mourning.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Does anyone actually believe we are headed in the right direction?  Shefter listed GM possibilities all of whom were tied to Gase.  Seriously?  We're letting Emperor Gase pick in the next GM?

The Emperor is in charge. I wonder how Greg Williams, Le'Von Bell, and President MAL feel about this as well as the other players? This isn't Parcells or Belichick here.

I am sure most of us are happy that Mac is finally gone but letting him have another offseason/draft and who is now in charge leaves us with more question marks for this season as well as next year - depending on how this year plays out.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company