9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

WAIT! WHAT THE ****! WHY WAS HEIMERDINGER LET GO!?!?!?!?!?!?

This makes me a bit sad but who cares.  Macc is gone.  There was gonna be collateral damage with this move. 

Heimerdinger got us Darnold.  He can rest peacefully and hopefully find a good job elsewhere.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Pac will just say Macc should have been fired when Fitzpatrick was brought back and that he supports everything the Jets do ever at every moment. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m officially done being Captain. This was the goal. 

Rest well, sweet prince. 

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

This is such a mess. More laughs at the Jets expense.

I know people are happy but don’t get too excited until you see what the plan is here... If there is one... We might have just fallen further into a hole.

The night is darkest before the dawn, my friend.  This is a good day. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

He should have been fired with Bowles. But it's never to late to realize a mistake. Props to Chris Johnson for growing a pair

This is the correct perspective. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Just got out of a work training and holy smokes.  Long live Gase, am I right?

Even if Gase ends up a train wreck, I'll be eternally grateful to him for ridding us of Mike Maccagnan. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is bad news for leveon bell.

This was a huge point of friction btwn gase and mac.  Gase does not want players like bell. He made that clear in miami.

Bell tells mac anything he wants to hear b4 signing the contract.  Mac tells gase,”Adam, he gave me his word.  He is even going to show for the involuntary stuff.”

Bell no shows.  Gase furious.  Mac pathetic. 

Whether either of them likes it or not, Bell will be here thru 2020, as will Gase.  They'll find a way to make it work. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Cant wait for the real story to come out..  the timing of this is so incredibly stupid it defies all logic.

Chris Johnson looks like a blithering idiot..  wow.

Hahahahahahaha

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I mean..  has a GM ever been fired right after FA and the draft? 

When did Gase become Belichick?  

Oh well..  thanks for some of the great moves Macc Man!

Hopefully Gase doesn't f this up. 

You never disappoint. 

Today is awesome.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Eagles VP of Player Personnel Joe Douglas is believed to be the front-runner for the Jets' general-manager vacancy.

Douglas has been with the Eagles since 2016. He spent 2015 with the Bears alongside Adam Gase, who was Chicago's offensive coordinator that season and is now the Jets' head coach. The two reportedly have a strong relationship, something Gase and now-fired GM Mike Maccagnan didn't have in New York. Whoever gets the GM job knows Gase has plenty of power with the Jets.

from rotoworld

Let's goooooooooooooooooooo

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If a contending team loses a rb, i could see bell being traded by midseason.

And what, exactly, could we expect to get back for him? 

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

eh, I dislike Mac as much as anyone but this is some differently abled sh*t if I've ever seen it and does not look good for ownership imo 

Ownership was never going to look good coming out of this, even if they'd fired him back in January.  We have 2 of the worst owners in sports.

But Macc needed to go by whatever means necessary.  Hiring a guy Gase is comfortable with is far better than letting the owners hand-pick the GM and start the process all over again.  Gase can't be any worse than the Johnson's at running this ship. 

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Oh good. Because Adam Gase has such a solid track record of winning, he deserves the front office he desires.

Gase went 23-25 with a playoff appearance in Miami.

Macc went 24-40 here with no playoff appearances. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Again, good news. However, we will know how a situation where GM and HC still report to owner, but this time the HC has approival over the GM. It's a recipe for trouble. I like Gase but we just handed organization to the guy for better or worse. 

If the GM is a guy he's worked with before at 2 spots and had success with, Gase won't be running the show.  He'll defer to the GM on personnel and coach the team the GM gives him.

Gase + Eagles guy is a great end result if it happens.  It's likely a far better result than we would have gotten had we fired Macc and Bowles together in January. 

1 minute ago, Pac said:

They made the playoffs with rex and whales roster.

Rex made the playoffs with Mangini's roster. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Just now, RSJ said:

So that is enough to warrant full control? Or even opinion on front office staff? Two losing seasons. Rex had a better record with Tannenbaum than Gase did. Let that sink in for a minute. I dont have an issue with Mac being fired - but the timing is terrible. Maybe we wind up with a better head coach if we do it with Bowles.

If they're hiring the Eagles guy, Gase won't have full control.  He'll be ceding control to a guy he trusts. 

Just now, CTM said:

lol, you are basing that on what exactly?

Based on the fact that Gase didn't fight him on personnel decisions in Chicago?

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

So that is enough to warrant full control? Or even opinion on front office staff? Two losing seasons. Rex had a better record with Tannenbaum than Gase did. Let that sink in for a minute. I dont have an issue with Mac being fired - but the timing is terrible. Maybe we wind up with a better head coach if we do it with Bowles.

The coaches available to us in January were the exact same as they would have been had we fired Macc too.  Maybe we would have gone with McCarthy, and then given personnel control to him instead of Gase.  That's about the only difference here. 

Just now, RSJ said:

Oh good. So we can go 23-25 with one playoff appear over the next three years.

Would be better than what we did over the last 4. 

It couldn't get much worse than Maccagnan.  Today is a happy day, albeit a weird one. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, RSJ said:

We wind up with a way better head coach and GM if we do this three months ago. Thats really my only point here.

And I say that's probably not accurate.  Given that the Johnson's are responsible for Terry Bradway, Mike Tannenbaum, John Idzik, Mike Maccagnan, Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan, and Todd Bowles, I'd say taking as much of the decision-making out of their hands as possible is the best strategy.

ALL HAIL SUPREME OVERLORD GASE

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Lith said:

Yup.  And he is starting to go after them.

Manish is going full Pac!!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pac said:

Please..  very easy to hide if I was as affected as you seem to think I am.

I'm still standing here saying F the Free World...

Props for being here.  Regardless of what happens you're always coming back to take your lumps. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

That's like saying the next best option to taking your pants off before you poop is reaching your hand down your underwear and cupping your a$$hole before you poop.

We should've firmly had our pants around our ankles before we dropped this turd. Sure, we feel better now, but we still have a hand full of sh*t that we don't know what to do with. 

If Douglas is the hire at GM, it's not going to matter.  Gase + Douglas >>>>> Whatever the Johnson's would have done on their own in January.

Gase is the smartest one in the room right now.  Everything the Johnson's have done have turned to sh*t.  Time to let someone else have the power in the organization, even if he's not a great option. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Literally nothing Gase has done qualifies him as the smartest man in any room.

As opposed to what the Johnson's have done?

Just now, Augustiniak said:

it's possible that gase was lobbying for OL help and heimdinger agreed but mccagnan stuck to his guns.   

Sounds like Gase had issues with Heimerdinger too.  So I doubt that. 

4 minutes ago, slats said:

I was just gonna post the same thing. 

When you hire a GM in January, he's stuck using the last GM's scouting for his first draft. This way, the new GM can put together his own staff before the college season starts. 

Also, the timing feels like a Gase power grab. If they hire the dude from Philly and have him report to Gase, it will complete the coup. And while it's certainly questionable to put all this faith in Gase before he even coaches a down here, I'd prefer that arrangement to the one the Jets have had with Mac and Bowles.  

Yep.  It may crash and burn but at least it's different!  And potentially really fun too.

When the current regime is awful, a military coup is preferable.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company