I dont have an issue with firing Mac. But Adam Gase is now going to be placed with a GM who didnt pick him AND you just let Mac spend 100m and run the draft. Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Or he is going to be placed with a GM that wants to work with him. 

Oh good. Because Adam Gase has such a solid track record of winning, he deserves the front office he desires.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Gase went 23-25 with a playoff appearance in Miami.
Macc went 24-40 here with no playoff appearances. 

So that is enough to warrant full control? Or even opinion on front office staff? Two losing seasons. Rex had a better record with Tannenbaum than Gase did. Let that sink in for a minute. I dont have an issue with Mac being fired - but the timing is terrible. Maybe we wind up with a better head coach if we do it with Bowles.

If they're hiring the Eagles guy, Gase won't have full control.  He'll be ceding control to a guy he trusts. 

Oh good. So we can go 23-25 with one playoff appear over the next three years.

Would be better than what we did over the last 4. 
It couldn't get much worse than Maccagnan.  Today is a happy day, albeit a weird one. 

We wind up with a way better head coach and GM if we do this three months ago. Thats really my only point here.

If Douglas is the hire at GM, it's not going to matter.  Gase + Douglas >>>>> Whatever the Johnson's would have done on their own in January.
Gase is the smartest one in the room right now.  Everything the Johnson's have done have turned to sh*t.  Time to let someone else have the power in the organization, even if he's not a great option. 

Literally nothing Gase has done qualifies him as the smartest man in any room.

• Upvote 3

As opposed to what the Johnson's have done?

As opposed to what anyone has done. Yes the Johnsons have been further as owners than Gase has as a HC though.

The plan is to hire Joe Douglas.  A much more sound plan than the Johnson's have had for the last two decades. 

Hire Joe Douglas. What about the rift with Greg Williams? The fact that Gase doesnt want Bell? This is a full blown sh*t show dude.

• Upvote 1

A good GM with leadership skills fixes this crap and gets everyone in line or else.

But if Douglas is already best buds with Gase then Greg Williams will be a one year hire at most.

Joe Douglas is friends with Adam Gase and brought the current Eagles GM coffee. That’s literally all we know about him.

Who cares?  That stuff will resolve itself over time. 
Gase will probably only deal with Williams for a year then replace him.  Williams is never at a stop longer than 2-3 years anyways, which is why it was so dumb to base your HC hire on who the DC would be. 
Bell will be here till the end of the 2020 season and the two of them can make it work until then.  Bell's talent will rise to the top and Gase will end up fine with him.  Bell's feathers may get ruffled at some point but what is he gonna do, hold out again?  lol. 
The important thing was ensuring that the long-term future of the Jets improved, and it just did today. 

You have a lot of confidence in a head coach who doesnt seem to get along with anyone and has had two losing seasons in a row.

It's not about my confidence in Gase.  Its about my lack of confidence in the Johnson's.
I have 0 faith in the Johnson's.  2/10 in Gase.  2>>>>0

Ok ill give you that. Lol

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company