41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you're not going to fire a GM in January, you have to wait till after the draft.

Get the new GM in here and give him the time to replace all the scouts.  Then we can head into the 2020 draft ready to go.

While he should have gotten fired in January, this was the next best option.  The timing is not nearly as bad as people here are saying.

I was just gonna post the same thing. 

When you hire a GM in January, he's stuck using the last GM's scouting for his first draft. This way, the new GM can put together his own staff before the college season starts. 

Also, the timing feels like a Gase power grab. If they hire the dude from Philly and have him report to Gase, it will complete the coup. And while it's certainly questionable to put all this faith in Gase before he even coaches a down here, I'd prefer that arrangement to the one the Jets have had with Mac and Bowles. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

could well be, but then why get rid of heimdinger unless 1) cj never loved him or 2) gase has been lobbying for his own gm choice and cj just decided that instead of keeping part of the political bs he may as well start fresh with a new gm and hc.  

Could be that Heimerdinger, instead of vying for the GM job, has a loyalty to Mac. 

15 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol so should we be blaming Heimindinger?

This plays into Gase not liking what the Jets paid for free agents. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Heimerdinger is as much of an analytics guy as has been reported, it must have made him puke to pay a running back in free agency. That's anathema to the math bros.

Mosley's contract is twice as bad. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For once one of T0mShane's conspiracy theories about the Jets org came true.  Maybe tomorrow I'll feel hungover about tying my rope to him.  Today is not that day. 

In T0mWorld, Heimerdinger is the GM and Bevell is the HC. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I haven't read much of this thread, but is there any chance that the Jets straighten out their organizational hierarchy and hire someone who is Gase's boss but reports to the owner? @Sperm Edwards @T0mShane

Best chance for an organizational change, IMHO, would be having Gase in charge of the new personnel guy, not the other way around. With all the crap going on in the front office, it's almost inconceivable that they'd top it off by hiring a boss for Gase after he was hired under the premise of reporting directly to the owner. But then I remember we're talking about the Jets here. Who knows? 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

This thread is spinning faster than a gameday thread. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Screw Mehta and Francesa. It's easy to slap the dysfunctional label on the Jets organization, but if they make a quick hire of Douglas and/or Jeremiah, I'll at least be satisfied that a plan was in place. 

If the job sits open for a couple weeks or more, that's another story. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽

I'm not hip to emoji alternate meanings. Are those circumcised penises? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think that's funny and also I'm still confused. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Either way, hopefully CJ is totally aligned with Gase and Gase knows what he's doing. If CJ meddles Gase will just quit,

This is the hope. That CJ gets that Gase is a psychopath and he's on board, nonetheless. No reason for him to give a crap because he signs the checks. Just wants someone to light a fire under this lifeless team. We'll soon see how much power Gase is wielding once the new front office is hired. We'll see, part two, if Gregg Williams is let go at the end of the season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

If he really wants the job but is blocked, can he simply resign and take the jets job the next day?

As long as the Jets are willing to give him control of the 53 man roster, I don't think the Eagles can block him. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, CTM said:

Good take. Could easily see this being the truth.

But why Heimerdinger too?

Something to do with Gase again, no doubt. I'm hoping that they have the guys they want already in line. 

I also think Heimerdinger was mythologized a bit around here. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company