24 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Evan just read the statement, Interm GM Adam Gase!

24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Just saw it SNY. Carry on. Haha

I did not bat an eye.  Prime GM firing time IMHO. Before he does any more damage.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Scoop24 said:

It looks  like the plan is to hire Gates friend the eagles .

Gase will not be GM.  But someone he respects will be.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

Bell is too good a player for this forced marriage not to work, at least for the short term.

this sounds like supposition. No?

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

you have to wonder how long this plan was in effect and to what extent gase had influence in FA given that he probably knew his guy was going to come in after the draft.

Cannot fire the scouting staff before the draft.  Now they can.  First you lop off the head of their chief.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

you have to wonder how long this plan was in effect and to what extent gase had influence in FA given that he probably knew his guy was going to come in after the draft.

no team releases its personnel guys before the draft.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Part of me is happy b/c I think the firing should have happened after last season, but the tou cannot fire your scouts vefore the draft.iming is bizarre.  And I'm not at all happy with Gase running the show.

Who in the world would want to be GM of this soap opera?  I guess we'll find out.

A lot of conjecture floating around about this, but the timing is not bad.  You cannt fire your scouting people right before the draft.  And on the Jets, the coach is the key.  Because the coach will make Sam.  Why not let him get the executives--and the players--around him that he needs. Who would know better--Macc? I would conjecture that Johnson has liked what he has seen of Gase since he came over and now wants to make him comfortable in his environment.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

I gotta defend the timing of Johnson's decision for a minute.

From CJ's perspective, a little over a year ago Mac pulled off the perhaps the most important trade and pick in Jets history. That move alone brought him at least a year. Franchise QB.

I feel like there was a plan going into this year's draft and Macc flat out blew it (maybe intentionally) in CJ and Gase's eyes. So do you ride it out another year knowing that you're going to fire him anyway or do you fix it now? I'm ok with better late than never.

Now making Gase the interim was really the dumb move and only adds fuel to the fire. Just keep Heimerdinger as the interim and fire him later if needed. Gase hasn't proven crap in this league and should never have a GM title attached to his name, temporary our not.

there is no one there to do it.  Heimerdinger is gone too.  This is going to be real temporary

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

true.  the assumption was that mccagnan's job was safe when bowles was canned but in hindsight that wasn't the gase.

Macc never inspired any confidence in me.  Ever see the movie Office Space? Macc looked like and almost sounded like Milton Waddams.  His presence could not fill a phone booth.  He may have been knowledgeable but he had no presence.  That is probab;y why I always felt that Bowles go this way with CJ when they had their so-called power "arrangement"

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

true.  the assumption was that mccagnan's job was safe when bowles was canned but in hindsight that wasn't the gase.

good one

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gase convinced Chris Johnson that Maccagnan cost the team a chance at Zion. 

Actually Gase read all the negative stuff on here about Macc and rushed to CJs office and urged him to can MM

• Upvote 2

Joe Benigno is outraged and screaming on the radio!

Oh.  I guess I actually could put this comment on a loop

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

someone's mad his source is gone

MM is listening to the Evan and Joe show and posting afterward.  Great career decision.

• Upvote 1

I like the fact that someone actually believes that he knows wht he is doing. j CJ is a hopeless case, and I never got that feeling from Macc or Blowes.

new pecking order:

Sam

Woody

CJ/Gase

new GM

3 minutes ago, dcJet said:

How does Gase have to credibility to demand this?  He's done nothing. 

no one has done anything.  Macc?  CJ?  Woody?  Status quo is unacceptable.  Gase realizes this.  He must be insane

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

who the heck knows with this crazy organization, such an embarrassment the way they do business

not embarassing. it has been done before

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

WFAN’s Mike Francesa: ‘Alpha male’ Adam Gase took out Mike Maccagnan to ‘conquer’ Jets organization

Updated 2:57 PM; Today 2:36 PM
Mike Francesa says Adam Gase saw he could take out Mike Maccagnan, and the Jets coach did it.

Mike Francesa says Adam Gase saw he could take out Mike Maccagnan, and the Jets coach did it.

0 shares

By James Kratch | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Adam Gase sits on the Green Throne.

WFAN’s Mike Francesa took to his “Mike’s On” app Wednesday afternoon to break down the Jets’ stunning decision to fire general Mike Maccagnan, and the big guy says it’s simple: New head coach Adam Gase is an “alpha male” who realized he could take out the “passive” Maccagnan, and now he has done it.

“The day Gase lands in an organization, he’s there to conquer,” Francesa said.

“What I think happened here was Gase saw an opening. He saw that there was an owner he could sway, he saw that there was a general manager who was not on the firmest of footing and who did not have a real tough guy personality, who was not going to fight him.

“When Gase elbowed him in the corner, he wasn’t going to elbow him back. And I think he saw a guy that he thought he could tip over. And he went to work on taking over this organization. He saw an opening, and he ran for it. ... He won the power play clean. It wasn’t even a TKO, it was a knockout.”

false

Acting Jets owner Christopher Johnson axed Maccagnan and lieutenant Brian Heimerdinger just weeks after the organization shot down rumors Maccagnan had clashed with Gase and was on shaky ground. In hindsight, those reports - the ones Gase said he was “pissed off” by - were right. Gase is now the team’s interim general manager, but Johnson said in a statement he will search for a permanent GM.

Francesa did not offer any fire and brimstone on his surprise app appearance, just blunt commentary.

“They embarrassed themselves mightily,” Francesa said of the Jets, adding the team should have fired Maccagnan along with former coach Todd Bowles if they had any doubts about the GM. The Jets have now officially returned to the ranks of the dysfunctional, Francesa said.

Francesa said the Giants - who were becoming the market’s wacky team while the Jets amazingly fell into a (false) sense of normalcy - and the rest of the AFC East are the winners. The losers? Jets fans and quarterback Sam Darnold.

Francesa said he thinks Gase may be a good coach, although he has not shown it. But Gase has shown he’s a fighter, and Francesa predicts he will have a “battle royal” on his hands with mercurial running back Le’Veon Bell, who Maccagnan signed to a big free agent deal. In the wake of Maccagnan’s firing, there have been reports Gase never wanted Bell, or at least never wanted to pay him what he got.

“It will be entirely disruptive for this team going forward," Francesa said, "and the last thing that a young quarterback that is looking to lead this team needs.”

I wonder who is leaking the info?

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And that front office dynamic stinks.  As I said if you hire these guys separately and have them report separately you'll get this stuff constantly as we have seen with rex and idzik as well.

It's a monumentally stupid way to do business.

for sure

23 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I wonder who is leaking the info?

Mike "Mario Puzo" Francesa

26 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Yes, GM's have been fired after the draft, but I don't recall a situation where a HC was fired, GM was retained, who was brought in with original HC, new HC is hired with assistance of GM, and then a few months later GM was fired..... Maybe it has, but I don't recall it. I have no problem with the firing of Mac, should have been gone 2 years ago, and again this past end of season, the timing of this is insane.

think it happened in Buffalo not long ago.

4 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

All these reporters are p*ssies for not doing analysis and speaking up sooner. Now it’s convenient to say what we’ve been saying for years as it has compounded and gotten worse. The Johnson brothers and media are all pathetic idiots.

What’s ironic is that Mac had a decent offseason this year. Not amazing which he needed to regain some trust but by far not his worst. The rift with Gase must have sealed the deal because his terrible performance didn’t was widely accepted by many which is unacceptable. 

Anyone who thinks Macc should have stayed a nanosecond longer--for timing's sake--- should not be listened to.  That is a disqualifier right there.  And the Jets are not going to hire a football guy president  with a new coach in place.   They are going with the coach and surrounding him with guys who think like him.  Games are won on the field anyway.  Argue all you want about the fact that he should have gone with Todd Blowes (you have some opinions there, no?  Ha ha ha), you cannot argue that getting rid of him now is the wrong move.  Maybe late.  certainly right

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m just putting perspective/rationale behind why they waited. Mac is so bad that ANYTIME is a good time to get rid of him. Maybe you misunderstood my stance. I hate Mac more than anyone but try to be fair or provide other points of view. He is scum though. 

I actually see this as a watershed moment.  The casting out of Charlie C.  What a pair of losers.

36 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I can’t even understand how Charlie recommended him or why. What a joke. To take that money and not try to help the jets find the best candidate possible. The Johnson brothers are suckers and are not educated when it comes to football. This is why we need a president of football operations. 

Charlie created the Todd Bowles myth.  They are still calling him a defensive genius in some places.  I guess it takes a particular talent to design defenses that never stop a team late in a half.  Macc nobody knew about and they still don't.  He likes coffeee.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bowles is a fantastic DC, awful HC. 

you do realize that 99% of Jets fans beieve that Bowles called the defensive plays for us, right?

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company