I mean good news but what a clown shoes organization. Jesus christ

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You never disappoint. 

Today is awesome.

eh, I dislike Mac as much as anyone but this is some differently abled sh*t if I've ever seen it and does not look good for ownership imo

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Know what, take the win instead of complaining about not winning by enough.

Yes it clearly should have been done earlier. He and Bowles should have been shown the door on the day they both received their extensions. I'll take a belated win, even if they do look stupid in doing it. Alternative was eking out a couple of preseason-unexpected wins, against teams with major injuries/issues that were unexpected in August, and Macc taking credit for doing a good job a la 2015. 

Again, good news. However, we will know how a situation where GM and HC still report to owner, but this time the HC has approival over the GM. It's a recipe for trouble. I like Gase but we just handed organization to the guy for better or worse.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If the GM is a guy he's worked with before at 2 spots and had success with, Gase won't be running the show.  He'll defer to the GM on personnel and coach the team the GM gives him

lol, you are basing that on what exactly?

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Cimini on 1050 spilling all the tea. HOO BOY. Highlights:

—Chris Johnson wanted Gase and got Maccagnan to go along with it, and they spun it to make it sound like Macc was more involved in the hire than he was.

—Gase DID NOT WANT Gregg Williams.

—Gase wanted the Browns job to the point that Peyton Manning called the Browns first. Jets were the fallback. 

This doesn't really pass the sniff test. Bullets 1 and 2 are kind of contradictory.

Johnson decides to keep Mac and let him spend 100M and run draft, but hires a HC Mac doesn't want because Johnson was enamored with Gase.

And then turns around and forces Williams on Gase, the guy he was supposedly so enamored with that he neutered his GM over? Again, after giving said GM 100M and 1.3 to play with?

Makes no sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Could also be that if/when Gase's term has run its course then his handpicked GM will go with him, and a totally-clean process begins again. Hopefully it won't be too soon.

word on both points

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What if Johnson wanted Gase and Macc wanted Greg Williams and this was the compromise? 

Your retelling of Cimini's post said he wasn't really involved in the process. Why would the owner remove GM form HC search, go against his wishes on HC and then compromise on DC while simultaneously pissing off new HC who he was enamored with. Maybe CJ wanted Williams but still, it's too unbelievable a chain of events

5 minutes ago, nico002 said:

UPDATES

latest reports

- Adam Gase did not know this am this was happening 

- Rumor is the rift that something “went down” between Heimidinger and Maccagnan which caused Johnson to act to end dysfunction 

- Gase does NOT want this on his plate. He is focused on developing Sam, just moved his family here, had nothing to do with this. 

All of these guys are just speculating or passing around rumors of people who are speculating and lying.  If the truth comes out it won't be commonly known for awhile even if one of these hot takes is close

Oh well, glad Mac is gone. 

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Really? Seems like a pretty damn specific report for it to be an unsourced take...

I edited my post to indicate that yes one of these initial reports could  be true but note it was pretty different from what T0m said Cimini reported 

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So Manish is really upset that he was made to look a fool. Yikes.  Easy to see which side of the house was leaking to him.

That's been clear for awhile I think 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets, at no time in the near past or future, were never going to be "the most attractive job in the league. It's a dumpster fire and everyone knows it. 

McCarthy sure wanted it you dog herpes infested porker

• Haha 1

And what is McCarthy doing now?

What does that have to do with dear leaders post

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

And where's that toolbag working these days?

Well considering hes a SB winning coach that 5 months ago you said, for similiar reasons, wouldnt want this job, I'm not sure how that matters.

Any sane executive would want access to 100M, 1.3 and Sam Darnold and been confident that they could control ownership.

If McCarthy wanted the Jets job, but 31 other teams didn't want McCarthy, is that really a good example of someone competent wanting the Jets job?

I'd love to coach the Jets too.  But currently, neither McCarthy nor I are football coaches of any kind. 

McCarthy made it clear from day 1 he wanted Cleveland or Jets. I wonder why.. almost like those two franchise have a key piece that makes long term success likely. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Would you rather be a highly-regarded # 2 man with a successful organization and wait for the right job to come along, OR take the Jets job just because "its open", knowing full well that history suggests you'll be gone from that job in about 4 years?

History also suggested your wife would never get laid, yet she took the job.

This is stupid, the Jets have a potential FQB that finished the year strong and that made them a desirable position.  This is a fact. 

I'm well aware of how crappy this organizations past is but a young FQB, 100M in cap and 1.3 are highly attractive bargaining chips 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And the Browns, who have lately behaved like a competent organization, wanted nothing to do with McCarthy, and instead went with a guy who was the Cardinals' Running Backs Coach in 2017. 

And why was that? Dorsey, who is highly competent, didnt want to swap out systems on his FQB.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Did Maccagnan get fired for incompetence or fired because the owner felt he couldnt immediately fire the coach he just hired? Im thinking the latter unfortunately. 

Been wondering that as well

Problem is we weren't the only team with a young FQB and cap space. 

Ugh,  you are likely a little dog herpes nat fluttering around spewing out the host organisms talking points

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again, just because I share some views with Shane doesn't make them wrong. 

Some?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, some.  I was not a Matt Leinart or Solomon Thomas fan.  Nor do I think Idzik was anything but a lousy GM (albeit better than Macc, for sure; but that's a low bar to clear). 

You defend this with as much tenacity as Joe's willy does homosexual claims. Me thinks we've hit a nerve.

Very good.

• Haha 2

Joe Willy spends his days posting shirtless men, I used to post pics of nearly shirtless women.  Decent comparison I suppose. 

Huh.  I'm saying doth protest too much similiar to mr repressed sexuality.

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Please..  you've been holding Shane's belt loop and following him around like a flea ridden mutt for years.

You and his "relationship" is one of the more grotesque things I've seen on the internet.

T0m gunior

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For once one of T0mShane's conspiracy theories about the Jets org came true.  Maybe tomorrow I'll feel hungover about tying my rope to him.  Today is not that day. 

You are actually tying your rope to CBNY as he broke this, T0m will believe anything that reflects poorly on the Jets.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Does anyone actually believe we are headed in the right direction?  Shefter listed GM possibilities all of whom were tied to Gase.  Seriously?  We're letting Emperor Gase pick in the next GM?

You have too otherwise its Rex/Idzik power dynamic again 

Just now, sec101row23 said:

It’s frustrating because Maccagnan should have, and deserved to be fired along with Bowles.  The fact that Maccagnan was allowed to oversee two off seasons with over $100 million in cap space was ludicrous and disgusting.  

That's my issue but better late than never .

18 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't think it's weird at all. CJ probably didn't know who to believe between his meek head coach and his meek GM, but didn't like the product on the field and decided that at least the head coach had to go. Then he hires a raging madman to replace the head coach because he feels that's what the team needs, and the new raging madman is very clear that the GM is doing things wrong and all of a sudden it's very clear to CJ, too. Bowles planting the seed probably made it easier to make the move now rather than wait until the end of the season. 

Good take. Could easily see this being the truth.

But why Heimerdinger too?

2 hours ago, slats said:

I also think Heimerdinger was mythologized a bit around here. 

100%

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company