3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I'm guessing all it took was having Gase whispering in his ear every day.  There will always be this problem when the coach does not report to the GM.

You're probably right, but if true, that sure as hell won't exactly help the interest candidates will have in this Jets' job either.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Know what, take the win instead of complaining about not winning by enough.

Yes it clearly should have been done earlier. He and Bowles should have been shown the door on the day they both received their extensions. I'll take a belated win, even if they do look stupid in doing it. Alternative was eking out a couple of preseason-unexpected wins, against teams with major injuries/issues that were unexpected in August, and Macc taking credit for doing a good job a la 2015. 

100% this.  I don't like the timing at all, but it's too late for anything to be done about past idiocy.

I'll take this eye-rolling, but ultimately correct, decision over the endless doubling-down on losing hands as they've been doing for so long before this.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, SD 14 said:

Hi guys.  I just found out that CJ had a meeting with the Jets organization about MAC.  He put it to a vote and announced that the eyes have it and proceeded to pick up the phone and called MAC.

Seems like a reliable source right here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Hmm 🤔

If that's how it really shook out, that's definitely very curious.  If true, the only guess I would have is Johnson (and whomever else was involved in these decisions) thought Bowles was simply covering his own ass with anything said against Maccagnan at that point.  Then I'd imagine Gase was saying all of the same exact things Bowles had, which when coming from a different source starts to carry a little more weight.

Definitely weird, but if that's what it eventually took to make this happen then so be it.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't think it's weird at all. CJ probably didn't know who to believe between his meek head coach and his meek GM, but didn't like the product on the field and decided that at least the head coach had to go. Then he hires a raging madman to replace the head coach because he feels that's what the team needs, and the new raging madman is very clear that the GM is doing things wrong and all of a sudden it's very clear to CJ, too. Bowles planting the seed probably made it easier to make the move now rather than wait until the end of the season. 

Well, in fairness, saying it was "weird" was simply me coming up with a nice way to say that Chris Johnson is a complete moron for needing multiple people to tell him things that were blatantly obvious to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company