2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Why let him spend $100m and draft then fire him? Backwards organization 

This franchise is un-*******-real. 

This was so ******* obvious.  The level of toxicity is through the roof.  Wonder how this impacts the coaching staff.  Sounds like dudes were forced down Gase's throat.  lmfao.

The only downside is we dont get to see the sideline meltdown that carried into the locker room to jump Mac.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Cimini on 1050 spilling all the tea. HOO BOY. Highlights:

—Chris Johnson wanted Gase and got Maccagnan to go along with it, and they spun it to make it sound like Macc was more involved in the hire than he was.

—Gase DID NOT WANT Gregg Williams.

—Gase wanted the Browns job to the point that Peyton Manning called the Browns first. Jets were the fallback. 

EPIC SIDELINE BRAWL INITIATED!!!!

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

guess it’s not that outlandish after all . 

Not exactly an encouraging association of teams...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

A bunch of the tweets keep mentioning that “something went down” between Maccagnan/Heimerdinger and Gase—it would be interesting to hear what exactly

Interesting and scary all in one.

It's fantastic that Mac was fired.  It's also frightening to think that Gase has this type of influence so quickly without any real credibility in the league other than Peyton Manning likes him and he was the Sean McVay before there was a Sean McVay.  He's actually shown to be a very divisive character who can alienate players and doesnt handle superstars egos well.  Clearly, he's not an easy person to work with and if he doesnt get his way, it's a toxic mess. 

On the other hand, it's kind of exciting to see because this franchise is such an utter disaster in every sense of the word that maybe a true egomaniac psychopath like Gase is exactly what is needed to rid this franchise of it's pathetic meandering.  I have a hard time seeing Adam Gase as the man who liberates this franchise but that might just be the Jets fan in me.  Reality is, we probably do need this type of a person to clean house and grab the Johnson's by the balls.

I'm suddenly excited to see how this works and cheering Gase on to break the Matrix.  He's our Neo. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I agree, but this is exactly what Mangini was. Him and Woody hated each others guts and Mangini was fired for being a dick to Woody, among other things.. My worry is CJ fired Maccagnan because he couldnt fire Gase after just hiring him. I get the sense that CJ was blindsided on how irritable Gase's personality is- the total opposite of Bowles, a pushover. Either way, hopefully CJ is totally aligned with Gase and Gase knows what he's doing. If CJ meddles Gase will just quit,

Not to go down a Mangini debate but that's who he was in theory.  And maybe who he thought himself to be but he wasnt because he just clearly wasnt dynamic enough of an individual to pull it off.  Hence why he was fired and Tanny was retained and was a failure in Clev.

Unless you're right and it's because he couldnt fire Gase because of the optics, this is a different situation.  Gase clearly showed he's capable of pulling the ultimate power move on CJ.   I cant imagine CJ was blindsided by Gase being so difficult.  That's very public.  So maybe they are lock step and we're ride or die on Gase.

I'm intrigued. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I liked Mangini, but Mangini was fake-tough and doing Belichick cosplay. Gase seems like a legit psycho who doesn’t give a fuçk. People know the difference and respond accordingly 

The one thing I'll give Gase, is he's got relationships with legit people in the NFL.  Mac was a hack, respected by no one.  If I'm putting someone in charge to structure the FO, I'll take Gase over Mac anyday.  At least he's got the ear of some respected dudes with influence. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company