53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Big props to Manish, Connor Hughes, Brian Costello, and whoever the guy is writing for that jersey version of the Pennysaver who dutifully reported that Macc wasn’t getting fired. Top job, chaps. 

Well, when your only source is about to get the axe, you do what you can do influence the gullible and fickle ownership I guess.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Hughes too. Just absolutely pathetic.

It's been pretty clear for a while. All of the leaks were ever about information only the Jets themselves could know about. (Bowles going, Mac staying. terms of Cousin's reported offer and guaranteed money, etc.) Not to mention Manish has been a PR machine ball-washer for years now and that suddenly coincided with him being able to break insider info.

That and all of our beat writers are pretty bad at their jobs. Not saying their primary skill has to be in information gathering, but the type of mindless drivel they write as analysis leaves a lot to be desired.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Far from it.  They recognize the important of building a pipeline so that they can feel free to let OL walk in free agency. 

The Patriots recognized this years ago as well.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am just thankful that Macc did not trade away any 2020 draft picks last month (althought it sounds like he may have tried).  At least our new GM will have a full complement of picks to play with.

This is such an underrated thing. The Tannenbaum special. Very glad we didn't sacrifice a future he knew he didn't really have to pay for.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think the Johnsons absolutely liked him.

Of course they did. They had all those leaks about mac staying and bowles going middle of last season where they leaked that they liked the talent on the team and felt it was underperforming. They then kept Mac to interview Coaches and run free agency and the draft. 

Just morons. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Can’t disagree with any of this. It’s pretty clear to anyone with a brain that this was a Gase power play, and it’ll only become clearer if, as rumored, we bring in one of his old frat brothers as GM. With the national pummeling the team is taking, I think this group gets two years to make the playoffs or they’re out.

The wild card funzone being does Gase curse out Chris Johnson at a press conference.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company