Cant wait for the real story to come out..  the timing of this is so incredibly stupid it defies all logic.

Chris Johnson looks like a blithering idiot..  wow.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I mean..  has a GM ever been fired right after FA and the draft? 

When did Gase become Belichick?  

Oh well..  thanks for some of the great moves Macc Man!

Hopefully Gase doesn't f this up.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You never disappoint. 

Today is awesome.

I mean at the end of the day your side won but doesn't change my position at all.. macc was fine and just had a good stretch..  hopefully the real story comes out.

• Thumb Down 3

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

lolololololololol

Glad you're happy but it appears Gase has been annointed overlord of all things Jets..  that doesn't sound so good to me..  coach is one thing..  supreme overlord is another..  especially when he just got done saying he doesn't want a yes man..  now looks like hes going to get one..  whole thing is kind of disgusting 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Bills did it a couple of years ago.  Fired Rex at the end of 2016 season and then fired Dooug Whaley as GM after the 2017 draft.  Worked out okay for them. They made the playoffs in 2017 ending an 18 year drought. 

They made the playoffs with rex and whales roster.

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

His new title is "Supreme Overlord?"

THAT. IS. AWESOME!!!

Jury's still out..  hopefully hes up to the task but his first decision is definitely odd.  Hes setting himself up to have very little wiggle room if things go south..  everyone will say you hand picked your gm and were given the title of supreme overlord..  why aren't we winning sbs.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Looks like this one broke Pac, and for that I am grateful. ALL HAIL OUR NEW SUPREME OVERLORD. GASE THE PAC SLAYER

Please..  very easy to hide if I was as affected as you seem to think I am.

I'm still standing here saying F the Free World...

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You are so brave.

As a milquetoast white dude who enjoys hip hop culture I assumed youd appreciated the 8 mile reference 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

This was so ******* obvious.  The level of toxicity is through the roof.  Wonder how this impacts the coaching staff.  Sounds like dudes were forced down Gase's throat.  lmfao

Welcome to 3 hours ago, sh itbird..  go back to sleep.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Anybody have the cause of the timing?  Here is my theory.  Despite all of our posts about Harrison the last couple of days, Gase is not convinced.  Maybe he was pushing for Wiesnewski as the last competent vet C, and when he signed with the Eagles Gase went off, bringing it this to a head.

Maccs biggest weakness was how easily he capitulated to Bowles when it came to signing players.  I doubt if Gase was screaming for a backup C that he'd have been ignored.. especially for the contract that Wisnewski got..  this is something different..  far more sinister..  the supreme overlord works in mysterious ways.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I share my views with whoever is the funniest.

That is why I almost never agree with @Pac

Who are you?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

^^And this comes from a guy who has naked pics from just about every male poster on JetNation, so you know he's seen a lot of grotesque things.

Actually you're the only one that agreed to send them. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Someone’s just jealous that there’s no Sanchez-fan-Pennington-fan-Maccagnan-fan-Menudo-fan cohort on the Internet where you might find a nourishing intellectual relationship.

Meanwhile I'm sure theres security footage at the Blue Oyster Bar of you pop-locking to Living La Vida Loca back in 99'.  

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You are hopeless.

There's really nothing you've said the last year that has been remotely insightful or correct.  I wear your disdain like a badge of honor.

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Any chance you can update us on what version of the rebuild we’re now in? New regime, new rebuild?

Lets see what Gase can do with Maccs roster..  Given his 1st move was trading Lee for nothing I'm not optimistic.

The overlord will have to win and win quickly or he'll be gone by the end of 2020.  Everything that's happened in the last 12 hours has put a HUGE bullseye on Gase.  He better produce and produce now.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Weren’t you saying, like, yesterday, that this was a progressive rebuild and how we’re merely at some indefinite point on the spectrum of that rebuild? But now you’re saying the rebuild is over and Gase needs to win “now”? You, sir, are a cultist fraud half-man.

do me a favor and step out of character for a minute.

do you agree that everything that's transpired today immediately makes Gase an unlikable force amongst the players? Given the fact he's not Stephen Bilichick let alone Bill don't you think that could be a problem when the Jets go through a bad stretch?

I think Gases only hope is to win and win now..  If we end up 8-8 and start next year poorly he is going to get jettisoned and we're back to square one to the detriment of Darnold.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This isn’t dysfunction, this is the start of real change.

You should put this on a hat... 

a red one.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You absolute hack. You disingenuous troll. You ethically barren weasel. You disreputable skink. The best case scenario for the team this year was 8-8, 7-9 but now it’s the minimum expectation for Gase because Maccagnan was fired? Gase has been here for four months. The team has been bad for four *years*. A reasonable expectation for this year is that Gase gets Darnold on a path toward being competent while determining which flotsam he can throw off the roster next January. God willing, they’re able to hire a few decent personnel men to triage this roster properly on the fly and we’re competing for a playoff spot within two years before Manish claims another scalp

I respect that you refuse to break character even though I know you agree with me.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Supporting the firing of an incompetent GM = maga supporter. Yikes.

You’re a broken man and I for one am here for this.

Huh?

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Did you not imply that I should be a Trump supporter?

not interested in getting this locked so I'll answer simply by saying no...  I laughed when I saw the line because it could apply to that.  Had nothing to do with you.

are you losing it?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think we all just want to make the Jets great again.

True but we disagree on whether or not todays events helped that endeavor.

If Gase and whatever yes man he hires at GM make the playoffs, and they better make the playoffs with the roster Macc assembled, then today will be a distant memory.

If he fails he will rightfully feel the full weight of the NY media and the majority of the fan base (you guys are not the majority).

It could turn ugly quickly.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Macc went 24-40 dude. The roster Macc “assembled” is a full reflection of all his failures. A $17M a year ILB who can’t cover and an overpaid RB are the fruits of terrible drafting for the previous 4 years.

This ultimatum you’re handing down to Gase is coming from you and you alone and will have no basis in reality. You don’t get to spew all this vitriol on the new HC after spending the last 5 months blaming Bowles for every single one of the team’s problems.

I'm not spewing vitriol at Gase..  I hope he has the goods.

But the unfortunate truth is perception is reality and the perception is that Gase forced out Macc in the ultimate power move.  If he doesn't win and win quickly he'll get skewered.  You can argue with me till the cows come home but those are just the facts.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company