Cimini on 1050 spilling all the tea. HOO BOY. Highlights:

—Chris Johnson wanted Gase and got Maccagnan to go along with it, and they spun it to make it sound like Macc was more involved in the hire than he was.

—Gase DID NOT WANT Gregg Williams.

—Gase wanted the Browns job to the point that Peyton Manning called the Browns first. Jets were the fallback. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I mean at the end of the day your side won but doesn't change my position at all.. macc was fine and just had a good stretch..  hopefully the real story comes out.

lolololololololol

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Too late to fire Gase and blow the whole thing up again? Might as well right? 

Then again we have owners who don’t know wtf their doing so. Jesus.

Only a matter of time before Gase fires Williams, probably in season I’m sure.

Yep. Williams is definitely not buying green bananas.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

This doesn't really pass the sniff test. Bullets 1 and 2 are kind of contradictory.

Johnson decides to keep Mac and let him spend 100M and run draft, but hires a HC Mac doesn't want because Johnson was enamored with Gase.

And then turns around and forces Williams on Gase, the guy he was supposedly so enamored with that he neutered his GM over? Again, after giving said GM 100M and 1.3 to play with?

Makes no sense.

What if Johnson wanted Gase and Macc wanted Greg Williams and this was the compromise? 

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The craziest part of this is that you’ve been pulling conspiracy theories out of your butt for years on this topic and holy **** Tom you were right what the actual ****.

They’re not theories once they’re proven, Doug. I am a conspiracy positivist 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

UPDATES

latest reports

- Adam Gase did not know this am this was happening 

- Rumor is the rift that something “went down” between Heimidinger and Maccagnan which caused Johnson to act to end dysfunction 

- Gase does NOT want this on his plate. He is focused on developing Sam, just moved his family here, had nothing to do with this. 

Lol this is exactly what I’d say too if I murdered my boss

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This.

The Jets, at no time in the near past or future, were ever going to be "the most attractive job in the league. It's a dumpster fire and everyone knows it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

20 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

That makes this even sweeter Brian Costello is a joke!!!!

Imagine being one of these lazy beat writer kids and it's now your job to become friends with Adam Gase and Greg Williams if you want to get any publishable content. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, CTM said:

McCarthy sure wanted if you dog herpes infested porker

And where's that toolbag working these days?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

History also suggested your wife would never get laid, yet she took the job

Holy SHlT

9 minutes ago, slats said:

This plays into Gase not liking what the Jets paid for free agents. 

If Heimerdinger is as much of an analytics guy as has been reported, it must have made him puke to pay a running back in free agency. That's anathema to the math bros.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Meanwhile I'm sure theres security footage at the Blue Oyster Bar of you pop-locking to Living La Vida Loca back in 99'.  

Bitch, that was last week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Youre operating under the assumption that Douglas would make himself look bad in front of the NFL and cut himself out of a potential hire down the road.  

🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm not hip to emoji alternate meanings. Are those circumcised penises? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Not to go down a Mangini debate but that's who he was in theory.  And maybe who he thought himself to be but he wasnt because he just clearly wasnt dynamic enough of an individual to pull it off.  Hence why he was fired and Tanny was retained and was a failure in Clev.

Unless you're right and it's because he couldnt fire Gase because of the optics, this is a different situation.  Gase clearly showed he's capable of pulling the ultimate power move on CJ.   I cant imagine CJ was blindsided by Gase being so difficult.  That's very public.  So maybe they are lock step and we're ride or die on Gase.

I'm intrigued. 

I liked Mangini, but Mangini was fake-tough and doing Belichick cosplay. Gase seems like a legit psycho who doesn’t give a fuçk. People know the difference and respond accordingly 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

John Idzik and Maccagnan made more than enough missteps to justify their firings. But bad teams don't get better by constantly shifting directions and shaking up priorities. It makes laughable the idea that the Jets may be gaining ground on the New England Patriots.

Batista is great, but she answered her own question within the article itself—you end up firing unqualified people like Maccagnan and Idzik because you were in a position of having to hire unqualified people in the first place. The team hasn’t changed since Belichick write his little note: it’s just confirmed that Parcells and Belichick were right to flee the ship. 

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Lets see what Gase can do with Maccs roster..  Given his 1st move was trading Lee for nothing I'm not optimistic.

The overlord will have to win and win quickly or he'll be gone by the end of 2020.  Everything that's happened in the last 12 hours has put a HUGE bullseye on Gase.  He better produce and produce now.

Weren’t you saying, like, yesterday, that this was a progressive rebuild and how we’re merely at some indefinite point on the spectrum of that rebuild? But now you’re saying the rebuild is over and Gase needs to win “now”? You, sir, are a cultist fraud half-man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

do me a favor and step out of character for a minute.

do you agree that everything that's transpired today immediately makes Gase an unlikable force amongst the players? Given the fact he's not Stephen Bilichick let alone Bill don't you think that could be a problem when the Jets go through a bad stretch?

I think Gases only hope is to win and win now..  If we end up 8-8 and start next year poorly he is going to get jettisoned and we're back to square one to the detriment of Darnold.

You absolute hack. You disingenuous troll. You ethically barren weasel. You disreputable skink. The best case scenario for the team this year was 8-8, 7-9 but now it’s the minimum expectation for Gase because Maccagnan was fired? Gase has been here for four months. The team has been bad for four *years*. A reasonable expectation for this year is that Gase gets Darnold on a path toward being competent while determining which flotsam he can throw off the roster next January. God willing, they’re able to hire a few decent personnel men to triage this roster properly on the fly and we’re competing for a playoff spot within two years before Manish claims another scalp

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In 2008, before Favre tore his bicep, we were 8-3, had the # 1 ranked offense in the AFC, and had just beaten the 11-0 Titans.

Same dudes who were apoplectic about firing Rex after a 4-12 season forgetting that Mangini got fired off a 9-7. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

better make the playoffs with the roster Macc assembled,

2961F0CB-3792-4CB7-8A97-842018BC4623.gif

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Hmm 🤔

Josina is BFF with Bowles. I’m glad Bowles is finally taking his shots here, sh*tty though he was

10 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Todd Bowles was unemployed for 10 days.  Your move, Macc.

It’ll be interesting to see where Maccagnan lands. I’m sure he banked ~$3 million with the Jets, so he could probably retire.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The national media is going to be anti-Jet now as they're overwhelmingly pro-player (Le'veon) and anti type A guys without the resume to back it up. A 180 turn in spotlight from Mac and Bowles, where the Jets were irrelevant. 

This is where a Jeremiah hire (with Douglas) would do a world of good for Gase and the Jets because Jeremiah would be a really good spokesperson for the team besides. They’ll whack at Gase because Gase isn’t going to entertain it, but if you placate them with a few coherent sound bytes once a week, the coverage will calm down. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Do you feel that there is some kind of deal here in place already? Shouldn't there be a handshake agreement? It has to be. Right?

And are they about to get Barr'ed?

BTW, talking heads here in Philly are already saying the Eagles need to give Douglas any title that he wants to stay, and give him final say on all personnel.

These are the Jets, Scott. They're going to hire a longtime personnel executive who's been around winning organizations his whole life (save one aberrational two-year lapse), who's currently working for the Jaguars.

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It was but I like busting @CTM's chops when the opportunity comes.  He does the same to me, only most of the time, he wins those battles.  I hate him. 

Originally upvoted this but went back and POTW'd it.

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company